Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you consider yourself lgbT?

Do you consider yourself lgbT?

Or do you think of dressing as its own thing and not the same.
    [COLOR="#800080"]Visit my *NEW site with pictures and not much (it's still new, lots to come) more!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    LGBT covers a lot of ground but if the T part wasn't part of the LGBT things would be a lot worse.
    Personally I am the G and T in LGBT.

Banned Read only
    Well since I'm not Lesbian, Bi, Gay or Trans the answer is dressing is it's own thing.

well I am bi so yes

No, don't fit in any of the classifications.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Lgbtcd------------------------------
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Pirate Queen wannabe Maria Blackwood's Avatar
    I'm B and sort of T and I don't consider myself part of it. The identity politics drove me away.

I was bi before I started crossdressing, does that apply to what you're asking? I do attribute the dressing as a part of my bisexuality, kind of a way to present my self as the opposite sex to whomever I'm dating.

Edit:forgot that the more inclusive lgbtq+ includes 3 T's: Transgender, transsexual and transvestite. Just about all of us fall under one of those
    Last edited by Spiritfox; 03-09-2017 at 12:13 PM.

I believe that the correct terminology now is LGBTQ, with the Q meaning queer or questioning. Since the majority of CD on this forum are anatomically male, and are MTF CD, we all seem to be questioning something. We all are going against the norms of convention by wearing clothing designated by society for the opposite gender. We are questioning gender through a combination of physically observable expression, and psychological repression. (I never really cared about shoe shopping until I started CD.)
    In drab mode, I am a hetero male physically, and psychologically. That is part of what keeps "Geena" in check. I hate to say it, but left to my own accord, I'd be a sl*t! LOL

So, the answer would be, I'm a Q

-Geena
    I am a work of art! I just wish that my artistic skill set was closer to Norman Rockwell than it is to Salvador Dali!

Aspiring Member
    I consider CrossDressing to be part of the T in LGBT.... however I find that as a very part time, straight CD, I am not T enough to be "in" the community according to some,,,,,, so I don't go around wearing a star on my belly. The label doesn't really change who my friends are, and most importantly it doesn't change who I am.

Silver Member
    In the very broadest sense, the T includes the heterosexual crossdresser. In practice however, the T generally means "transsexual" (those who live as women or are transitioning to live as women.)

Quote Originally Posted by Seana Summer View Post
    I consider CrossDressing to be part of the T in LGBT.... however I find that as a very part time, straight CD, I am not T enough to be "in" the community according to some,,,,,, so I don't go around wearing a star on my belly. The label doesn't really change who my friends are, and most importantly it doesn't change who I am.
    Seana said it best

Platinum Member
    In a word, yes. We often hear LGBT Described as a community....and that suggests inclusiveness rather than insulated.

Platinum Member
    Hi Lexi, I don't feel like I am associated with any group,

I am just a guy that enjoys dressing as a lady and having the best of both worlds......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Nope, I dress because I can

I'm none of those because I don't put labels on myself.

It had become LGBTQ+ but now there are even more letters behind the Q! It is getting to be alphabet soup! T is supposed to be an umbrella and include CD but ...! Maybe I am but it does nothing for me! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

An Index of codes i thinks.........................?lgbT etc..............what.......

Gail xx

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    I do put myself under the T-trans umbrella yes, I'm more genderfluid but yes I consider myself trans.
    Not really an activist but there are things I agree with for sure

Yes, I fall beneath that umbrella.

I am B, but for the most part consider myself a person inside and out I am a person, same as anyone equal to everyone, I have the same features as everyone else
    The most beautiful thing in life, cannot be seen or touched, but is felt by the heart!

If I were to label myself I would say Trans as I thought it includes Crossdressing. Isn't another word for crossdresser a transvestite? Or is that only if you get sexual pleasure from dressing which I know not all of us do. Just wondering?
    [FO

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Cross dresser is the only label I need to identify myself.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Aspiring Member
    Yes, I am "T" in LGBQT. Possibly also "Q" assuming it means "questioning".

Banned Read only
    However you identify - please help us. There are forces in the US waging all out war against trans people right now. The people who hate LGBT - especially T - don't care how you identify. They see no difference between you and me, and they want us dead.