Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do you consider yourself lgbT?

Transgender encompasses any individual who crosses over or challenges their society's traditional gender roles or expression.

Take a look at this site - download their free booklet. It has an infographic on what is under the transgender umbrella.

http://www.thegenderbook.com/
    They/Them
    I love dressing as a woman.

Oh my...
    People, can we stop arguing about label, what single letter, defines us, and consider the stark reality that there is a group of politicians out there that have targeted us, yes all of us, as "the other". And now that group is fomenting fear and hatred as a means to solidify power in a dwindling demographic. That's what this is all about, and whether or not you think that L, or G, or B, or T applies to you, remember that they do. If you don't believe that, you're lying to yourself. Now I'm not saying that every one of us needs to turn hardcore activist and hit the streets, but you'd better start thinking about what you can do to support those who are out there on our behalf. Donate, volunteer, organize, work a phone bank. Just recognize that you do have skin in this game and act like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Marie View Post
    you'd better start thinking about what you can do to support those who are out there on our behalf. Donate, volunteer, organize, work a phone bank
    With a few tears in my eyes tonight as I watch in horror all that has unfolded in such a short time across the USA and in my state of residence, I must say that if there is ever a time to fight and resist it is now.

So yeah, I am part of the LGBT and will keep donating and advocating equality for ALL

Lot's of work left to do and as soon as I can get the tears dried up it's back to work to fight for our rights, the fight for our freedom is on.........
    Way too Girly ! I couldn't smell the smoke, and now I'll watch the flames

Out on Parole ......Woo Hoo

Recently, I heard the term "non-binary" and I liked it.
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...erm=non-binary
    I just love to crossdress, not L, G, B, but maybe Trans, if you label it.
    Non-binary maybe?

I'm in there somewhere, God only knows, I don't. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I could almost say all four letters apply to me... I would definitely not say that dressing like a female is a thing unto itself for me, and that I have no LGBT aspects involved.

Growing up, I felt I was bi since I was in my early teens, but I repressed it and tried my best to be straight. So definitely B.

Once I stopped repressing myself and accepted that I had a feminine side with its own needs and desires, I eventually decided the T (Trans) designation fit me - My mind includes a feminine counterpoint to my birth gender that needs expressing, quite apart from my sexuality. A need not only to dress like a female but to be accepted as one. I don't really get a sexual effect from dressing. It just is an aspect of expressing my feminine side. I don't hate existing as my birth gender, or feel a burning need to go full time as a female. I'm more at the gender-fluid point in the Trans spectrum, comfortable on either side, needing something at this point from both, and not willing to choose only one for full time living. I am not sure my T aspect will ever take me so far as full SRS, but I doubt I will ever stop feminizing my life.

When I am en-femme, after all those years of repressing my bisexual nature, I find I strongly prefer female companionship. And since I identify as female when I am en-femme, that sort of makes Ceera primarily a Lesbian, and the majority of my lesbian GG friends accept that assessment! So yes to the L, too.

Not really sure I would apply the G label to myself. I do have some attraction to males, but mostly only when I am en-femme. So is that straight or gay? Feels more like my girl side feeling straight attraction for a male... I do not usually seek male attention when presenting male, however... I guess I should say no to the G, simply because I virtually never go out as a male and seek or encourage gay interactions at that time.

While a CD who does not at all identify as LGBT may or may not feel there is a sexual aspect to their dressing desires, for me, the only sexual tie-in to dressing is that my feminine side appreciates feeling sexy when she dresses sexy, and when she gets positive feedback for it. I don't dress sexy (or feminine in non-sexy ways) as a kink. I choose how I dress and what I wear for the same reasons a GG does.

I'm not 100% heterosexual and I'm not 100% cisgender, so the answer is yes. That said, I'm not an activist.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Quote Originally Posted by Geena Gee View Post
    Some say they don't belong to any group, because they don't label themselves. Fine, but society will still assign some type of classification to you. [...] We should all support the LGBTQ community, because, whether you want to admit it or not, we are all part of that community.
    There is total wisdom in that. You have to separate the agnsty navel-gazing over your own, personal identity and the classification that the society around you will lump you into. No sense trying to explain you just like the feel of the clothes but are not "one of them" when you're in the public spotlight. Nobody's going to care.

Quote Originally Posted by Geena Gee View Post
    Nazi Germany captured and executed the "Queers" before and during WWII. Sure, it was because of fear and ignorance, but this is the exact same mentality that is being embraced by some in today's society
    I've recently spent a lot of time reading about Germany between the wars and it's scary/interesting to look at the parallels -- the society was pretty open and greatly valued music, art and creativity. Germany as a whole was becoming very accepting to the people we would now call LGBT. Then a demagogue arose based on saber-rattling conservatives who felt the country was being taken away from them and given to people they defined as "other." We say it can't happen here; it can't happen now, but it's pretty scary. And it's important to note, it's not just happening in the US just as it wasn't happening in just Germany at the time. As we said a few decades ago -- think globally, act locally.

Sorry. I don't usually go to the dark place, but we should mindful that while we play in this sandbox (forum) there's a real world out there.
    Last edited by Pat; 03-10-2017 at 09:46 AM.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Platinum Member
    I totally agree. Whether we are out, closeted or somewhere in between, we each have a personal, vested interest in assuring the rights of all of us who fall under the broad umbrella of LGBT...regardless of whether we identify, accept, assign or agree with a particular label. In the hate based political environment we seem to have entered, One inadvertent disclosure could cost any of us our rights, freedom, health or life. Complacency is not an option.

If you have to apply a label then it would be T & Q, never stop questioning or discovering!

I am a bisexual and live to embrace it everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat (aka Jennie) View Post
    There is total wisdom in that. You have to separate the agnsty navel-gazing over your own, personal identity and the classification that the society around you will lump you into. No sense trying to explain you just like the feel of the clothes but are not "one of them" when you're in the public spotlight. Nobody's going to care.

I've recently spent a lot of time reading about Germany between the wars and it's scary/interesting to look at the parallels -- the society was pretty open and greatly valued music, art and creativity. Germany as a whole was becoming very accepting to the people we would now call LGBT. Then a demagogue arose based on saber-rattling conservatives who felt the country was being taken away from them and given to people they defined as "other." We say it can't happen here; it can't happen now, but it's pretty scary. And it's important to note, it's not just happening in the US just as it wasn't happening in just Germany at the time. As we said a few decades ago -- think globally, act locally.

Sorry. I don't usually go to the dark place, but we should mindful that while we play in this sandbox (forum) there's a real world out there.
    Berlin in the 1920s and 1930s was the quintessential place and time to be CD/TV. It was the only moment in history that comes close to the level of freedom that exists here and now.

I wonder if this free expression is some sort of universal harbinger for the onset of dark times?
    berlin1.jpg
    berlin2.jpg
    berlin3.jpg
    And so we go, on with our lives...
    We know the Truth, but prefer Lies.
    Lies are simple, simple is Bliss.
    Why go against tradition, when we can admit defeat,
    Live in Decline, be the victim of our own design?

I am very bi sexual

Quote Originally Posted by PaulaQ View Post
    Some use "Q" for questioning. Generally it stands for "Queer." For example, I have no problem describing myself as a Queer woman.
    I have always told people that the "Q" stands for "queer" which is "all encompassing" for us variant folks ! With this administration,we need ALL to band together !

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wen4cd View Post
    Berlin in the 1920s and 1930s was the quintessential place and time to be CD/TV. It was the only moment in history that comes close to the level of freedom that exists here and now.

I wonder if this free expression is some sort of universal harbinger for the onset of dark times?
    Coincidentally i just read an article in the Washington Times by Neil Howe, an author whose work influenced Bannon. The gist is history repeats itself in 4 generation cycles; we are on the verge of another dark period, the last occurred with the rise of fascism in the 30's.

Think i'm going to read the book...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/enter...=.52937c7cb9da

I don't consider myself as part of the LBGT community, I am a heterosexual male who sometimes plays with gender by expressing my feminine side and being perceived as a female. Even when fully dressed I am still a heterosexual male

I'm just a man who sometimes likes to wear clothes others see as 'feminine'. I'm not a 'crossdresser' (ironic, I know, given the forum name) - all the clothes I wear are my clothes, it's just that some are considered to be womens clothes by large swathes of society. Out of respect for the view of the majority of society, I only wear my more feminine clothes in private and only my wife knows. There is a part of me that finds it very relaxing to wear more feminine clothes.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Oh, and nail polish - why is it most of society thinks only girls should wear nail polish?

Ah-May-Lee
    The OP question asks, IF I consider myself LGTB, then the answer is no I don't. I consider myself a woman. I do know that LGBT is used by others and others will label me as one or two of those letters but I don't.

To me I find LGBT to be more of a political/activist term used in gaining rights for some who feel the need and support. I don't take that away from anyone, if they feel they want to be labeled LGBT or need the activism of a group for support then more power to them. I have done everything on my own. When living in the nasty parts of the city there was no support from LGBT people. Tgirls in my area were killed and not too much was heard from the LGBT. We knew that in order to survive we had to go it alone. Again, this might not be the case for everyone but in my case I don't need any support from the activism of the LGBT or the need of their labels.

And there are some in the t community who don't accept myself being labeled as a woman, so why should I accept their labels.
    In solitude where we are least alone. Byron

I am a heterosexual crossdresser. I consider myself to be transgender and not transexual.

Crossdressing as an end to itself is where I fit in. While there are times that I might try to look like a woman, I don't try to pass myself off as a woman so that sort of rules ou the T in LGBT. As to the rest of it, the LGB, I'm strictly H.

Lacy PJs

Quote Originally Posted by Lacy PJs View Post
    While there are times that I might try to look like a woman, I don't try to pass myself off as a woman so that sort of rules ou the T in LGBT.
    Only you get to define who you are, but you should probably look up the definition of transgender -- there's no requirement to "try and pass yourself off as a woman." Transgender has a single, simple definition which is that your sex and gender identity are not aligned. That is, if you're not cisgender, your transgender and vice versa. You're not really describing cisgender behavior when you say you might try to look like a woman. Once you get under the transgender umbrella, there are tons and tons of variations.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    I took a while for me to accept that I was the "T" in LBGT but yes I'm part of the gang.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

Well put, Pat. I am the last person to get hung up about the labels any of us chooses for ourselves, or refuses to accept, but in the current socio-political climate, I'm going to say that everyone here should consider your definition, because there are a lot of people out there who will throw you into that "T" group and make you "the other". Your expansive definition of that group suits me just fine.

When you read through this thread there are a lot of different views about how we identify. The world instantly understands when you identify as a heterosexual, bi or gay male or female, its simple to understand. But our experiences of the world don't fit in to that simple idea so when we try and put a label on our identity, like 'crossdresser' for example, it comes with a load of baggage of what that word means to the person your communicating with. So I think labels can sometimes cause more problems than they solve

It took me a very long time to accept it, but I am a crossdresser. I believe that the T in LGBT includes transgender, so I also consider myself transgender, and as such, part of the LGBT community.

As you may recall, I'm a member of a large (~100) group of active TG girls, and I go out with them often. In more intimate conversations, some have admitted that they're pre-op Transexual, post op, middle path, on hormones, want to be on hormones or "just a CD". In fact, several of my best friends who I believed were "just a CD" are now pre-op, post-op or full time. However, I look at all of them as TG women, and in absence of the intimate conversation, and fully dressed en femme, I wouldn't know in which category to place them. So, to me, they're all TG.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.