Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you consider yourself lgbT?

I previously gave my response, but I just had to get back in this thread to comment on a few of the responses.
    Some say they don't belong to any group, because they don't label themselves. Fine, but society will still assign some type of classification to you.
    Some say that they don't fit because they are part time.... Is that like being a "little pregnant?"

The truth might be difficult to wrap our heads around, but it's still the truth. There are no alternative facts regarding this. If you dress fully in the clothing of the opposite gender, whether in the privacy of your own home, or presenting in public, you are a Cross Dresser. (If you just like certain items - hose, heels, panties, etc. - then you're a fetishist, and might consider yourself a CD.)

PaulaQ is absolutely correct. Haters are gonna hate, but a lot of these haters now are dangerous. Even though CD has existed since the first neanderthal tried on his mate's loin cloth, it is still considered taboo by society in general. Being a CD or TV today is looked at as more of a novelty than the perversion it was once thought to be. If you wanted to get out of the draft during Vietnam, all you had to do was show up for your physical wearing a dress and heels... 4F - not psychologically fit to serve. Nazi Germany captured and executed the "Queers" before and during WWII. Sure, it was because of fear and ignorance, but this is the exact same mentality that is being embraced by some in today's society

We should all support the LGBTQ community, because, whether you want to admit it or not, we are all part of that community. The saying still holds true, "If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem."

Just my $2.37 worth.

-Geena
    Last edited by Nigella; 03-09-2017 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Edited out potential political commentary
    I am a work of art! I just wish that my artistic skill set was closer to Norman Rockwell than it is to Salvador Dali!

I always thought that LGBT encompassed all of us completely, where I sit exactly is something I am still working on, fluid yes more than anything else. hetero ? yes but with very strong feminine feelings for and with dressing as a whole.
    Where I am I have not come across any hate towards our community at all. I think we are slowly starting to live in a more acceptable society as a whole.
    So yes I am all of it all.

I think CD falls somewhere on the T line, so I'm a T.

I'm in the Q

I don't see a "C" or "D" in there so no, it doesn't pertain to me. I don't even thinking the "Q" (as in questioning) pertains to me. I like women's clothing, I like the feel, I like the escape of it, that's all it is to me. It's more cosplay than anything else.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

T i guess but im not sure where cd fits to be honest.

Labels are for soup cans. I don't need a label. I am just me. So no, I don't identify with the T or any other letter.

PS: I miss hearing from Marcella, I hope she is doing ok.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    I just thought of something I said when I say I'm not an activist, however since I do go out present myself as a women and
    yes I admit I enjoy being seen as one I guess that makes me an activist in my own way. I do my best to present myself in a
    way that blends into those real GG and if engaged I try to be nice and pleasesnt so others who may wonder realized I'm just another person like them

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    As far as the Q I have never heard it as "questioning" and I have been in the LGBT community a long time.
    We normally don't refer to the LGBT as LGBTQ.

If only dreams came true. susancheerleader's Avatar
    I am obviously not lesbian L
    I am not gay G
    I am not bi B
    I am questioning the trans part on myself.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    As far as the Q I have never heard it as "questioning" and I have been in the LGBT community a long time.
    Some use "Q" for questioning. Generally it stands for "Queer." For example, I have no problem describing myself as a Queer woman.

Hi Seana,

LGBTIQ, is Just another acronym.

Don't change who you are!

Stacy
    Last edited by Stacy Darling; 03-09-2017 at 02:50 PM.
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

I am just T. Only T.

Sex to me is such a small part of my life. Some people might read that as "Oh... he's not getting any". Well - thats been true for a few years. But Im an above average looking man. Im above average height. Im an above average earner. Just one alone of those is enough to "find some" if you want that. And for clarity I love having sex with women. But not at a cost to myself. And I am gradually... gradually... learning what I do want.

I am still a straight man that loves women so much it cuts me Im not one. My Dr knows how I feel. My previous Dr knows from when I lived on the South Coast. I cant legally go forward with anything in this country as Im considered too much "at risk" (serious heart issues) of... well... Karking it on the operating table. A few years ago I could have rocked up to a clinic in Asia and "just had it done". With facial surgery and a few other extras thrown in - costs around $20k. A straight vag is only $11k (cheapest... but I really dont want the Wallmart option). But even they wont do it for me now so Im considering options.

To get back on point. Im a straight man that (more than a little) enjoys CD'ing. With all options open Id choose to be a lesbian woman after reassignment. But if I chose or otherwise decided to be a straight woman [sex with men] that would be a free choice. If my mind turned that way - then thats what I would do.

Im not scared of change. Only frustrated by my own situation. And I am putting a little grey thought into how to alter that...

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    I've been in the community for a while too. The first time I was exposed to the Q suffix, I heard it as "questioning." It was years before I heard someone use "queer" and they explained they were "taking back" the word. OK, fine. I've also seen it LGBTQQIA (where queer and questioning both get billing along with intersex and allies.) In the very first go-round of initials I recall it was GLBT and then there was an insufferable amount of pushing and shoving between LGBT and GLBT -- you still see the latter in print from time to time though I'm not sure whose style book promotes it.

All of that aside, I do consider myself part of the LGBT community (to answer the question. ) But I no longer consider myself to be a crossdresser, so maybe that's not what you were asking?
    Last edited by Pat; 03-09-2017 at 03:01 PM.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

LBGT for me.
    Part Time Girl

I fit under the LGBT umbrella and the smaller T umbrella and am proud of both and what they have done for me and others. You may not like using labels and go labelless for yourself, but that really does not matter to third parties who use labels to help identify the person that they are talking with, or to help understand the other's point of view. You will be labeled as they feel correct unless you correct them.

By definition, no. Straight, extremely happily married for 31 years and a CD.

Do I emphasize with, support, and volunteer my time for the LGBT community? Yes.
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

I know that I'm the one that brought the "Q" into the mix in this post, and frankly, I had never heard of it until late 2015. But, I can relate to Q better than LGB or T. Remember, it used to be the "Gay Community" and people thought that offensive.
    Lots of terms have changed over the years... Stewardess is now Flight Attendant, Waitress is now Food Server, T V Preacher is now Televangelist, etc.

I sure am glad that I learned my ABC's when life was less complex.

-Geena
    I am a work of art! I just wish that my artistic skill set was closer to Norman Rockwell than it is to Salvador Dali!

Unless someone can tell you exactly why they crossdress, you're not going to get a lot of correct answers. I'm not exactly sure where I fit in. I have no gay feelings, but I'm not your average heterosexual male, either. Not TS either. So as I bend the gender lines by what I feel the need to wear, I'm somewhere in the TG spectrum.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

no, but i do fully support the progressive movement.

I don't publicly identify as LGBQT, but I can't deny that I am. My secret feminine habits are totally Queer, and there's no point in lying to myself about it. I could be Transsexual, and sometimes I fantasize about doing Gay things. But I don't have the courage to come out.

Intolerance makes me angry!
    Love,
    Daisy

I do. In a closeted kind of way. I view myself as transgender.

Good question, yes to my thinking I fall under the T category. Whether or not T covers CDing is arguable i guess.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

I'm a CDer, which puts me under the T umbrella, but I'm not part of the LGBTQ community, if there is such a thing.

Aspiring Member
    L - No.
    G - No.
    B -No.
    T - No.
    I used to consider myself to be a Lesbian in a man's body because I like to dress as a woman, but I'm only attracted to women. However. I don't think it's true. I don't actually feel as if I am a woman in a man's body. I'm just a man who wishes he was a woman.