Thread: Progress update.

Progress update.

Had another appointment with my Endo last Monday.

Before I saw my Dr. I got weighed and learned that I've lost about 16 pounds since my last visit. I have been watching what I eat and how much I eat to work on getting rid of more of this muffin top. But, I'm also taking more notice of what I am capable of doing to be aware of my muscle mass.

I need to be more careful of what I eat. Blood sugar was elevated. Most likely because I had eaten breakfast at the VA cafeteria just before my blood draw. But blood sugar issues do run in my Family, so a gal can never be to careful. Considering getting a testing kit just to track blood sugar.

E dosage adjustments tbd. Waiting on the full results from the Vampire work.

Spiro was doubled again and my blood pressure is coming down to better numbers also as a result.

Breast development is much more than my Endo expected. I'm at about a large B/small C cup at the moment. Chest is 40" and bust is at 45" to 45.5". I know, that should be a massive Triple D or F. But my Band size is 42 and that should still be a full C. The girls still look small and not that proportionate on me at the moment. Funny thing, my Mom and Sister are B cups. So statistically I should top out at an A cup from all the research I've done. My Mom stated she figured I would be a C cup. Looks like Mom knows best. LOL

I really hate having to wait for about two weeks to see my Lab results. I really want to see where all my levels are for myself. The Doctors tell me that my levels are very good. But, there's nothing like seeing it for yourself.

(For those of you that do not know. One of the benefits of getting the treatment I'm getting through the VA health care system is we have a website where we can communicate with all of our Doctors, see all of our lab results, keep track of our appointments and prescriptions, etc. We can even renew our prescriptions and have them delivered in the mail. Provided the prescription can be delivered through the mail.)

I have also learned that three months passes rather quick and I have a hard time waiting for my next visit with my Endo.

Have a good day all.

Emma
    The source of fear is in the future
    And a person freed of the future
    Has nothing to fear

"That's life. It's not always rainbows and farts. Sometimes the farts have a little something extra." -Emma

Rock meet Hard Place.

Aspiring Member
    Well sounds like overall things are going pretty well for you. Surprised they didn't make you fast if they were going to do a blood glucose test. Usually that comes with 12 hours of nothing to eat or drink. Anyway, congrats on the progress. Of course reading this is making me even more anxious for my initial HRT appointment which is still 3 weeks away.

Quote Originally Posted by Emma Beth View Post
    I need to be more careful of what I eat. Blood sugar was elevated. Most likely because I had eaten breakfast at the VA cafeteria just before my blood draw.
    If the elevated sugar is based on an A1C test, that's a 90-day average. What you ate that morning won't skew it. Be careful -- I wasn't and have permanent nerve damage to show for it. Fortunately since I started to accept myself a few years ago, I got my weight under control and my A1C is now in the "normal" range.

Chest is 40" and bust is at 45" to 45.5". I know, that should be a massive Triple D or F. But my Band size is 42 and that should still be a full C. The girls still look small and not that proportionate on me at the moment.
    I've noticed a similar thing... my chest measurement is 40, my bust measurement is 42 so I should be a B, but I still don't fill an A cup. There's basically no projection. Maybe there's something else in play for us "late puberty" folks.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Thank you Lisa.

For the most part I'm pleasantly surprised at my over all progress.

I know how you feel. I can't tell you how anxious I was getting while I waited for my first appointment with my Endo. LOL, I hate needles and I was actually looking forward to my visit with the VA Vampires in the basement.

Pat, it wasn't A1C they were looking at Monday. I just looked at my file online and the first of my blood test results are in. This one is a general panel that only lists Glucose which was at a 166. The range is supposed to be 70-110. My previous visit I was at a 106.

You may be onto something for us 2P (Second Puberty) folks. There just may be something else in play for us. But, who knows?

All I can say is that if you are close to your Mother, listen to her. I have been following my Mom's advice with quite few things when it comes to my transition. One thing I have been doing is making sure the bras I wear are a little bit large with the cup size. Her reasoning behind it is to give myself room to grow. It seems to be working, or at least helping with some of my comfort.
    The source of fear is in the future
    And a person freed of the future
    Has nothing to fear

"That's life. It's not always rainbows and farts. Sometimes the farts have a little something extra." -Emma

Rock meet Hard Place.

Good luck on the rest of your results. If it was a standard glucose test, that should be done by fasting from the night before. Any morning food will result in inaccurate readings since the body needs time to process the food, sometimes spiking the glucose level. The longer term average test shows the residual sugar in the blood. That is usually a non-standard test made when the standard test shows a high glucose level. I always do the standard test and occasionally my doctor prescribes the other to further check things out. My standard one is always around 100, which my doctor considers pre-diabetic. By all mean check with your doctor to clarify what happened in that test and what it shows. Good luck.

I am Type 2 diabetic using diet and medication.

A reading of 166 without fasting is not necessarily bad, if a previous was at 106. If your doctor has not questioned this, I would wait till next blood tests, and fast nothing after midnight except water, and have doctor include A1C.

I get blood tests every 6-months. My last two A1C were 5.7, Jan 2016 was 5.2, my diet and drinking habits have changed. I do 3 times daily glucose testing, ranges from the 80s-130s most times. Have to watch that too low of readings can cause problems.

Platinum Member
    The glucose test is not valid if you are beforehand