Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Philosophical Dilemma

A real quandary question, for sure. For some it is like being asked do you want to be shot or hung? Hard to choose between those two choices as both are disadvantageous is some ways and advantageous in other ways. But seeing as how, 95% of the time I am closest to 2 I will have to select that one. The reproductive organs are unimportant now as I am far beyond any desire to reproduce or, for that matter, even have a strong desire to have sex. Happens to some when they get old. But I have to agree with those who offer a third choice - revolution. A loss of freedom to choose exceeds any choices offered by force. It has been quite some time since the desire to express as more typical female was strong enough to actually need to do it. But the feminine is always there; the rest, for me, is just clothes to protect my body from the sun, keep me warm when it is cold, etc. I like the style of feminine attire and the look, but it isn't all that important. Being that person is what really matters to me. I'm not always really good at it as it gets mixed up with masculine gender, but it is definitely the most desirable identity.

Aspiring Member
    Either option is inherently dissonant and won't do too much good. In an ideal situation I'd simply take neither option and join the rebel army.

I take 1 to mean to live full time presenting as female even if you don't get the surgery. That, unfortunately, isn't free from the issue of not having the requisite sexual characteristics or even having your gender legally recognised despite it being socially recognised.

2 is equally plausible in the course of transition - certain religious authorities don't recognise gender changes, and likewise family members. 2 faces the reverse issue - having the sexual characteristics of the reassigned gender, but not being able to express it.

To tell the truth, as much as I probably took my male parts for granted I don't expect to miss them.

No question here number 1. I like my male parts but the clothes are too limited. Men have shirts/pants/shorts. Woman have all the choises as men plus skirts, dresses, and all type of tops plus the fabric feels so much nicer on the skin

Banned Spammer
    As Much as I hate to say it but I will take #1. I love womens clothes they are bright colourful. They have many styles and very sexy pretty clothes.... Mens clothes make me puke!!! dull boring!!! rough to touch!!
    Saying that I wish that when you got to a certain age the balls fall off!! they disapear!!! I hate that they stick to your leg in hot humid weather!!! they get in the way when tucking!!!.

If I did #1 then nothing says you can't change features make yourself more pretty style your hair and eyes and lips. The boobs well you can get that fixed as long as you kept your male working tool!!!

Choice #1 for me. That's actually my dream life!

Definitely option 1. With me is all about clothes, not about female body parts.

No disrespect intended, but I'm into Science and so will need to go with option 3.

I'm just pain old Stacy
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

I enjoy being a woman when I dress, but I also enjoy being a man otherwise. I don't want to get locked into either.

Option 1 would mean never presenting as a man again. That would require some changes to my social life and relationships that I'd rather not go through. Also, presenting as a woman takes a lot of effort. It takes me a good chunk of the day to get ready to go out because I don't half-ass anything. The shaving, tucking, forms, then everything that GGs do, it takes time. I truly enjoy it when it's a special treat, but if I had to do it every single day, that would get tedious.

Option 2 would mean my public life would be essentially unchanged. I would lose crossdressing as an expression of my feminine side, but I would gain actual lady parts, which opens up new ways to explore my femininity. And while I've never crossdressed FtM, I imagine FtM every day would be easier and less time-consuming than MtF.

So for me, #2 is the obvious choice.
    ♥ Emily Amber ♥

Quote Originally Posted by Swimtran View Post
    Here's a question I came across many years ago, which some of you might have seen:

You're given a choice between two options:

1. you must present as female at all times, but keep your male parts
    2. you get female parts, but must present as male at all times

I don't remember whether there was any conclusion to draw from which option you chose, but I've always found it an interesting philosophical question. I used to hate both options, but as time passes, I've found I prefer option 2.

Which would you choose, and why?
    I truly enjoy presenting as female, and look forward to doing so at every opportunity. Since those are the only two options given, and since I wouldn't be the content, balanced, rational person I am if I had to present as male at all times, and since male parts can be easily hidden, I'll go with Option 1.

Karen

Option 1. For now, it is where I would like to be! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Sign me up for option 1. Part of the reason I got into crossdressing is that I hate how boring men's clothing is. It feels like wearing a cloth sack to me. I'd have to come out to everyone I know, but as long as I make it through all of them having laughs at my expense, which is nothing new, I'll settlet into my new skirt-wearing life quite nicely.

I'll miss the free time I lose putting on makeup though XD

Option one. I love the girly clothes, makeup, the feeling of panties and tights, but, being romantically straight, it's not fair to my fiancé to change genders like that. Besides I like being a guy at times too.

As a bloke who likes wearing feminine clothing, but has no desire to undergo surgery, it would certainly be option #1.