Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Philosophical Dilemma

A Philosophical Dilemma

Here's a question I came across many years ago, which some of you might have seen:

You're given a choice between two options:

1. you must present as female at all times, but keep your male parts
    2. you get female parts, but must present as male at all times

I don't remember whether there was any conclusion to draw from which option you chose, but I've always found it an interesting philosophical question. I used to hate both options, but as time passes, I've found I prefer option 2.

Which would you choose, and why?
    Love,
    Daisy

Option 1

I can get over the male parts. They don't bother me that bad. Having the ability to dress however I wanted though. That would be more liberating. That doesn't mean just dress and skirts. Women have the social oral construct right to wear pants, flannel skirts, sneakers, baseball caps, baggy sweat pants, dresses, skirts. Whatever. You name it and women wear it.

With option two. I get boxed in. I get to sit to pee and nobody knows. I sit to pee already. +-0. Same with just about everything else.
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    As a heterosexual MtF cross dresser it has to be 1. I'm not TG in any way, I don't desire transition, but I do want to look as much like a GG as possible. As such I can tuck and wear forms to present a female outline and that is enough for me. As a male I like to be physical with females only, so I need my man bits!
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

I'll take choice #1 because I'm nearly there now.

Banned Read only
    Daisy,
    That's easy option one fits in with my situation with AGP, I want to be seen and accepted as a woman but don't have the need to lose my male parts. I was jumped on by some members for using the term male lesbian, apparently there's no such thing so I must use bi-gender .

Daisy, that sounds like a question that might be posed to a candidate presenting themselves as possibly TS, before going for SRS, to see if they're actually TS. Or at least, it's very close to what one therapist asked me when I first started seeing her, I guess as part of her evaluation.
    The answer is neither. I'm already in a position where the clothes don't match the body, so becoming a female that has to wear male clothes would put me right back where I started. Yet, being obviously a male who has to wear female clothes simply outs me as a crossdresser, and I don't want that, either, because I know so many of the potential complications that come with it. Basically you're just presenting another dilemma. I already live one. So, no thanks, neither of your options is worth changing my current situation.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

MIDI warrior princess Amy Fakley's Avatar
    Echoing sometimes_miss, I have to say that those are two equally awful options, LOL.

If I could have girl parts, but had to present boy all the time, that lands me in the exact inverse of the situation I'm in now. Having an internal identity that doesn't match my parts is only half the problem. The other half, is having to live in secrecy because exposing my internal identity to the external world comes at such a steep cost.

I don't know what it makes me ... TS or CD or GF or what, but at the end of the day what hurts the most, at least at this point in my life. Not being able to live externally, how i feel internally. Maybe if I could take steps to make that a reality, I'd find that I also have a pain point about my parts not matching, but from where I am now, I can hardly see that far.

So option 1 I guess.
    "Why shouldn't art be pretty? There are enough unpleasant things in the world." -Pierre-Auguste Renoir

Platinum Member
    My reaction to this is, who is making the rules and why on earth would I bother to comply.

Platinum Member
    Hi Daisy, #1 would be my choice too......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Option 1 as it is the best option for me. No problem being female that way.
    Part Time Girl

Banned Read only
    So I get tits and a pussy but just have to wear mens clothes?

Okay, sign me up.

I just realized that I asked for explanations for your choices, but I didn't actually provide one of my own.

For a long time, I would have preferred #1, but it doesn't go far enough for me. In recent years, I've come to realize that I don't absolutely need to wear women's clothes to fulfill my feminine desires. It helps, and I love it, but it's not essential. What I'm really interested in is, as Laurana so aptly puts it, having tits and a pussy.
    Love,
    Daisy

Quote Originally Posted by Swimtran View Post

You're given a choice between two options:

1. you must present as female at all times, but keep your male parts
    2. you get female parts, but must present as male at all times

This seems like a round about way of asking are you a crossdresser (option 1) or do you want to transition (option 2).

I'm all about option 1. Fine with the male parts but I'm tickled pink to embrace the feminine.

Like the majority, I would have to go with option 1. While having lady parts would be fun, if I couldnt wrap them up in a nice outfit, what's the point. Being bi-sexual as well, I can have the best of both worlds when it comes to adult fun.

I would have more fun with no 2. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Phew, what a tough choice indeed!! and talk about having to make a tough decision, I would have to say I am probably slightly edging towards 2 over 1
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    Daisy,
    That's easy option one fits in with my situation with AGP, I want to be seen and accepted as a woman but don't have the need to lose my male parts. I was jumped on by some members for using the term male lesbian, apparently there's no such thing so I must use bi-gender .
    Isn't that apples and oranges, Teresa? Lesbian being a sexual preference term and bi-gender a gender term? I assume u didn't mean to say bi-sexual.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    Sherry,
    No I'm not bi-sxual, I only have interests in women dressed either as a man or a woman, no inclination to go with men in an intimate way no matter how I'm dressed.

That's the forum for you at times, you get thrown a label and told to use it, in my mind male lesbian still feels more appropriate , my gender counsellor didn't have a problem with the term .

Option 1 for me. It is the clothing, toiletries, makeup, and jewellery that attract me along with the more feminine mannerisms and calming effect I get when I am dressed.
    This has been my life for many years and neither my wife or I would want to change it.

Pirate Queen wannabe Maria Blackwood's Avatar
    Option 3 - I form and lead a rebel army against the authority that is forcing me into those two decisions.

If I had to pick it would be option 1. I enjoy wearing womens' clothes but I'm very much at ease being a male. However, I would join Maria Blackwood's Army and strike for freedom!

Banned Read only
    Neither. Both 1 & 2 would lead me to commit suicide. I can tell you I would without hesitation commit acts of extreme violence to defend myself were someone to try to force me to appear male. Draw your conclusion from that.

#1 = you are a trans woman
    #2 = you are a trans man
    Last edited by PaulaQ; 03-10-2017 at 04:42 AM.

Option 1, It's a no brainer.

Option 2 means getting surgery which is extremely painful
    Not only that, I have a special relationship with my male parts.

Plus in this hypothetical scenario in which i was forced to always be presenting as female, I would just tell people that know me that I chose option 1 over 2. I'm sure most people would understand the desire of not wanting to mutilate themselves.

Banned Read only
    Don't get me wrong. I have zero interest in transitioning. I don't want to become women. But that's not what the questions asked. You either

Have man bits but dress as a women

or

Have women bits but dress as a man

The choice for me is simple. If I don't have to worry about my tits falling off that's nothing but a positive. And hell, I might as well get the matching set for the basement.

Depends on the weather. Especially the pink fog.
    You are you. You are beautiful. Labels are worthless.