Thread: Revamped

Revamped

How many of us have purged and revamped our styles? Did you regret doing it?

I have revamped a few times and don't regret any of it, one more recently, to me it makes way to open yourself up to be able to show who you are!!
    The most beautiful thing in life, cannot be seen or touched, but is felt by the heart!

I have certainly purged and regretted it even if only from the point of view of the money lost. I tend not to be on the cutting edge from a style standpoint so I suppose the ensuing revamp was probably a good thing.

I feel the loss of $$ thing but found that selling it online or having a yard sale recoups some of the lost and helps with the revamping, I usually have a jar that if I sell I put it in there as a fund type thing so it's minimal after I start over, I'm not one on style either but like to in ways keep up to date let's say
    The most beautiful thing in life, cannot be seen or touched, but is felt by the heart!

I'm fortunate in never either had to or felt the need to purge.

I do have a girl friend who remarked to me about all the $$$$ she threw away on the side of the interstate while driving home after a business trip.

I purged one time. It was back in the early 90's when I first started my coming out "journey". What I purged was all undergarments. The purge lasted about two weeks and I started back buying female attire again but this time it was outfits that were for going out in public and were quite classy because I realized that the fetish items were not indicative of who I was or wanted to be.

I've purged several times. Not regretted once.

I look at my purging as growing up my style. When I first realized what and who I was. Or at least thought I did. I was afraid and would buy stuff that didn't fit or was anything they had in my size. Ended up with a lot of mismatched stuff and in funky design and color et al.

Grow up and gain confidence. Purge that stuff

Next was almost like an adolescent. Gaining some style and understanding but still not really finding who I truely was. End up with pieces that where nice. But flavor of the month or year. Not classic and who I was destined to be.

Grow up. Gain confidence. Realize what I want and who I am. Purge.

Now I have a closet full of clothes that are me. Age and place and style appropriate.

I don't plan on purging anytime soon. Add and subtract as things wear out. Yes. Purge the whole thing. No. I love who I've become and how I look.
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same

Platinum Member
    Hi Samantha, I have never purged but I have donated a lot of things that I didn't want anymore......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Yeah, my last purge was bad. lost really nice pumps, boots and good clothes and makeup. I never plan on doing that again.
    Part Time Girl

Aspiring Member
    From time to time I recall an item of clothing that I got rid of maybe years ago and wish I'd still got it.
    Now when I purge I actually put them in a bag in the roof, and revisit them about 6 months later. If they hit the purge pile a second time, they're gone and I rarely regret it. Other things might get a 2nd chance.
    When I purge, anything that is worn out or damaged goes in the bin, but everything else goes to charity shops.
    I don't think about the money lost, except on one set of very expensive underwear - bra, briefs, thong and suspender belt (garter belt) that I got rid of when I disposed of all my female clothes one time.

In my early years, in a snit of frustration, I thought purging would make my urges subside or even go away. WRONG !!
    I regretted it immediately, let alone the financial loss. I lasted two days when my urges returned stronger than ever. I don't think purging solves any issues. It was another experience that proved this will never go away, so might as well enjoy it.

Never purged, regretted selling some of my retro outfits though.
    Had many style makeovers and presented differently with style over the years, it is a good experiment to try different looks, some work, some DON"T. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Never purged, never felt the need to rid myself of my femme stuff. I do try to get rid of things I've not worn for a while and that I'm unlikely to wear again. It does have the advantage that it creates space for new stuff that's more in line with current fashions. A yardstick I tend to use is, if I was packing for a 2 week all femme holiday, what wouldn't I definitely take. If I wouldn't pack it then it's a possible candidate for the charity shops.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Banned Read only
    Samantha,
    I know people purge when the guilt of the situation takes over. Initially there would have been no point because all my things were rejects from my wife so she knew about them anyway.
    Now she knows I go out so she knows I shop, she has never asked what I've bought but she knows where I store it . As I know my dressing need is 24/7 purging would be a total waste of money because I would have to go out tomorrow and replace it.

If you keep stuff long enough it comes back into fashion, as long as it still fits ! Next week I will be going out in a green tartan pleated skirt, it's old but washes and irons like new, it fits the bill with an emerald green top for our St. patricks day evening .

Oh I'm not saying purging due to guilt I'm just asking in short how many went out with the old and in with new?

I don't feel guilty about being me,

I haven't purged and revamped per se.
    My style has evolved over the last 15 years more so than any time previous. I edit now, removing things I no longer like or that don't fit my style and I add pieces that are more to my current taste.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !