Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Am I too old to feel this way?

Unhappy Am I too old to feel this way?

Wow how quickly life has passed by...here I am about turn 60 and all of those feelings I had when I was younger are starting to come back. I find myself browsing through fashion mags and just thinking about what it would be like to try on some of those beautiful things....I come in my office in the morning and before everyone shows up I take the opportunity to put on some lipstick...my favorite shade is Pink in the Afternoon and just enjoy myself for a bit before reality strikes and I have to get back to the everyday mundane world I live in. I want so bad to let this other side of me out but it's not easy. Just the other day I finally did something for myself and ordered a nice pair of heels again for me to wear around the office when I can....you may ask why the office well because I could never do this at home...my wife would not understand...yes I have tried to talk to her about it but to no avail so life goes on and while my desires grow inside I keep trying to suppress them over and over again...what am I to do...I envy all of you who can dress and just be yourselves....maybe one day!

Banned Read only
    Misty,
    Never say never !
    I have 6 years on you and never thought I would be going out dressed , it's only just happened in a little over a year so don't despair those heels and anything else you buy may come in for more use than a few minutes around the office . My wife doesn't choose to see me but accepts now I need to go out and meet others socially. She knows I'm safe enough and most of her fears aren't justified. The point is your feelings aren't going away so eventually you will have to find ways to achieve it. I accept I live a double life being in a DADT situation but that's how it is , my wife knows I enjoy it now after so many years of tearing me apart. Like most you will have to find ways to talk to your wife, it's your life too ,you should be able to live it .

Believe me we are never too old !!

Hi Teresa thanks for taking the time to drop me a note. I very much enjoyed hearing from you. Listening to what you had to say does give me a bit of hope that maybe one day I will be able to be the women I would love to be and to just let myself go. I know something will have to give soon so I will hang in there and continue being the beautiful woman I am inside and one day she will come shining through. Yes not to worry I don't plan on stopping my daily routine of that few minutes of enjoyment each day...I just hope it turns in to more. Stay sweet dear and beautiful! You look great! Cheers Misty

well i was 60 some years ago and age is not an issue, it won't go away. I also would love the opportunity to go out and just last week walked across the street to the mail box dressed to the 9999s. My knows and acquesses i guess you could say, but want' nothing to so with it. I don't know where this will end up and i wonder about my 70s and on how will i be able to do anything different. I surely want more in the way of dressing out, but don't see it happening untill my SO fully appreciates my desires to dress. Oh well right now it is DADT.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/lovethatdress/

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Altho I don't understand it, Misty. I know a few T's who's SO's have passed. "Allowing" them to dress openly for the 1st time whenever they liked! I hope u will not have to live that way-----
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 05-08-2017 at 11:28 AM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Hi Shely how are you girl? Thanks for taking the time to drop me a note, which I appreciate so much. Seems we do have some things in common but at least you have been able to explore that side of you a little more while I am still in the infant stages...haha INFANT stages at almost 60yo...go figure...
    Anyway thanks again for being so sweet. I wish you all the best in your journey and remember little steps are fine because they add up to bigger steps down the road...by the way dear what is DADT...

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Hi nice profile pic dear...thanks for the reply...I also hope that it does not come to that....I just want Misty to be free the be herself wherever that leads...

Hi nice profile pic dear...thanks for the reply...I also hope that it does not come to that....I just want Misty to be free the be herself wherever that leads...

I am 65 and just came to realize I am a crossdressser not quite 2 years ago! Late for the party! Take it as it comes! You are on a journey enjoy! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Hi Lana Mae thanks for the words of encouragement....I hope my real journey begins soon...I am definitely not giving up hope, but I remain cautiously optimistic.

I really didn't start dressing a lot until 5 years ago when I was 67, so I think better late than never. You're so young only 60!!
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

Wow and you look so young and pretty dear...good for you...better late than never sounds good to me... not 60 yet dear but it is just around the corner...

Misty

I am 4 years older than you, and it hit me like a bus about 10 years ago. The first crossdresser I ever met FtF was from this forum.

It's not like I haven't been dressing since I was a teenager, but it wasn't until 10 years ago that I was into full on crossdressing, even breaking the out-of-the house glass wall.

I would love to go back to my 20s for a do-over, but I think we all forget how difficult it was to be different back then.

Besides my "Way Back Machine" is broken, so I'm stuck in the future.
    Last edited by Sometimes Steffi; 05-07-2017 at 10:12 PM.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Hi, Misty.
    First of all, no. Not too old. No such thing. Besides, getting older almost always beats the alternative.

Your story is a familiar one, as you are going to find out as you read and share here. So don't ever let age stop you from exploring this part of yourself.

Hugs,

Kelly Marie

Hi Steffi thanks for the note....nice to meet someone like yourself who is so content with who she is and proud to show it. I am kind of still waiting for the wall to fall so Misty can come out and play...I know it will happen one day but until then I remain a "woman" in waiting and a staunch admirer or ladies like yourself. By the way please let me know if you get your way back machine working because I would love to take a ride...but in all honesty girl you are right that it would have been a lot more difficult back then that's for sure...do you know I can remember like it ws yesterday the first time I went to a club in my early 20's to see a drag show and need les to say I fell head over heels in love....yup those were the days...

Hi Kelly Marie thanks for the note....and you are so right I am beginning to see that I am not too old and life is way too short not to live it and just be the best person you can be...

Misty

Like Teresa, my wife doesn't care for my "hobby". She hasn't seen me dressed and doesn't want to see me dressed, even in a photo. If I waited for her OK, I'd still be in the closet.

I did get a little freedom for a while, because she was out of town a lot taking care of her parents. When she was home, I told a story about meeting some of the guys at a bar nearby, which was technically true. Eventually, I got tired of the lies and deception, and started asking "permission". While I usually got permission, there always seemed to be some sort of last minute panic that prohibited me from going. Since asking for permission wasn't getting me what I wanted and what I needed, I started telling her I was going out, and effectively asking for forgiveness.

So when I tell her I'm going out, all the wants to know is when I'm leaving and when I'm coming back. I'm not allowed to dress at home, so I've gotten adept at changing in bathrooms and in the car when necessary.

My daughter moved back home a couple of years ago and is living in the basement. My wife used to give me a midnight curfew. But then I figured out that my daughter doesn't have a curfew, but she's supposed to text us if she decides not to come home. So it turned out that I had a curfew and my daughter didn't, so I'm not quite so concerned about my curfew.

Now, I'm not advocating that you go out if you're not ready, but if you are ready, you should try to find a way to do it. It's just so amazing to be out and about.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Hi again Steffi, thanks for opening up a bit more about yourself for me. I have actually been thinking about doing something similar for a long time, to the point where I even thought about getting a small place where I could just be Misty, but then my wife is the type to really monitor my time and she is the jealous type so if I am not home at a certain time she starts looking for me if you know what I mean. I have put up with it for the longest time because I never had a reason not to since I never really had much of a life outside of home....don't get me wrong I love my home life but just wish I could be Misty once in a while...not just in my mind but also in the way I look...do you know I even grew a beard (but trimmed) just to somewhat make it more difficult for me to come out...I thought it would help keep everything inside but it has not done that....I am at the point now where if I could live as Misty full time I would that's how much I desire to be her....and that is why it hurts so much not to be....

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    If you feel you are too old then you are.
    Its all about your attitude if you like dressing the do it and have fun.
    Why people think as they get older they can't enjoy life makes no sense to me.
    I'm 64 and not too old to have a good time.

That makes a lot of sense to me....thanks for the wake up call..I am definitely not too old to have a good time that's for sure!

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    Rent a motel room and fully dress. Woman come in all ages,it's like a gg saying I'm too old to be a woman.

In my mind I know that age is just a number guess I just needed to be reassured that....I love all the thoughts and ideas everyone shared....The next time I am off on a business trip I will try to let Misty out more...it's a little more difficult since I am currently living and working in Asia but I will try...

I turn 60 in October just bought some knickers and a bra from M+S online i had to stop dressing for all sorts of reasons have not dressed in about 3 years, but i was missing dressing more then i thought hopefully if things work out i will buy some skirts and tops soon xx

Sometimes being yourself isn't easy but it's the best thing to be and worth the effort.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

No one is ever too old to do something it is how you feel within yourself and convention and all sorts of things around us. If you feel the need to dress then go with it be yourself, age does not come into it. If anything it gives me a better perspective of life and how I would like to dress and feel right in that mode of dress at any time. Just go with it and encompass your inner passions in dressing as I do.

Not to old at all. I'm 61, the desire to dress is as strong as ever. Congratulations on the new heels.

Misty your not old yet. Getting older does beat the alternatives I guess except in rare instances were death would be better. I am almost 8 years older than you and am just now starting to really feel a few of those aches and pains associated with the day before activities where I thought I was still in my thirties or forties. Ever since a very small boy I have been fascinated with the female clothes, makeup, and the special treatment the GG got that us boys did not. now at my older age I'm starting to want it more than just sometimes like I did thru the middle years. I feel so relaxed in a dress, add makeup, heels and a few accessories and I can fall asleep in my recliner and really relax. Stress will be relieved, as if I don't give a hoot any more about money, aches or pains. There's something to it that has not fully been explained to me or my wife. It's hard aging and still fighting the every day grind. Maybe this is why those old men who dont find the relief somehow are called old grouches. I'm not happy that I can't be myself all the time but happy I do have a wife that lets me do little things into the dressing for the relaxing part. I wear my own panties nearly every day. I did a purge about a year ago and still regret it. I need to call the Glamour Boutique lady back and reorder a few things I had that I deeply miss to just be me.

Aspiring Member
    Too old? No. Never. In fact I think it gets more intense as we age. I've tried a couple of times to put all my things away in a hard to reach place in the attic, and I end up reaching hard to get it all back down. I just hope I don't fall off the ladder when I get old and frail, going up and down the ladder!

Why it intensifies as we age I have no idea, perhaps declining testosterone levels are at least partly responsible, possibly because a pressure cooker can only contain so much pressure before bursting. Sometimes I wonder if this won't end up with a transition... either partial or full, necessarily very slow though. My wife also doesn't understand, it's more than DADT, it's DADT with a lot of resentment. Moreover it's gone from wearing articles of lingerie to going "most of the way", that is fully dressing with wig, makeup, shoes, jewellery, pantyhose. Last I looked I still have a penis so I can't say I've gone "all" of the way. I doubt it will ever come to that but sometimes I wonder...

Oddly, since I now dress fully, I find myself less drawn to really lacy, sexy lingerie and prefer comfortable bras and panties as everyday wear even when fully dressed. Like any other older GG who isn't trolling for a partner I guess. Probably the sexy lace before was to compensate for the fact that I would only underdress.