Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How old is the feminine you?

How old is the feminine you?

I must admit that I buy clothes that a much younger woman than I would buy or wear!
    Is it just me that does this or do we all wish ourselves back in years as well as another gender?

I like clothes that suit my age which is over sixty.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Good question. I like to think I dress age appropriate when I go out but would be lying if I suggested everything I've tried on or just wear at home is designed for women near retirement age. The other thing that has an effect on my clothing choices is my hair. The limited amount on my head is going gray, but my wig is a rich brown and once my makeup smooths out my skin and the hair goes on I do look younger than what it says on my driver license. So I guess I end up wearing clothing intended for those in their 40's and 50's while I'm in my 60's, but that's about as far as I'm comfortable going when I'm headed out the door.

As for the main question you ask, do I want to be younger? Hell yes, I just wish I had better material to work with when I try to put on that appearance.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Banned Read only
    Penny,
    I'm 65 and yes most of us do dress younger ! I might be a grandfather but I'm not going to dress like a granny.
    I did get a surprise at my last social meeting , I was buying a new wig and the sales lady said it looked great considering my age. She then added that she would be celebrating her sixtieth birthday along with one of the members, she then commented that I was nowhere near that, so I asked her honestly how old did she think I was and she replied mid/late forties. I love CDing , I would never give it up if I could continue to knock twenty years off . I will never complain again about the cost of makeup if that's what it can do for you !

I prefer clothing that fits my mental age which is 16, but I wouldn't wear them! I don't think about age when shopping for clothes. Although I don't feel that I belong in the juniors section.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I'm 53 now, most people tell me I look younger and have me as early-mid 40s. When dressed I wear age appropriate clothes that a 30-40 ish GG would wear.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

My feminine self is around 14. Little fashion sense, not zero. I can pick out fairly nice, age appropriate clothes. No makeup experience. Have done almost no social interaction. Really I have so little experience in truly presenting a feminine image.

Platinum Member
    Honestly, my style is very much age appropriate for a healthy, active woman in her 50s/60s. And I mean that as a compliment to all the women of my age group who are healthy and active. We can wear lots of styles that are becoming, attractive and even a bit sexy...in a grown up way. I'm happy with that.

I'm 59, but with my makeup and wig on I easily look at least 20 years younger. I tell people I quit counting birthdays at 29, and generally dress and act like I am in my 30's to 40's. But I can wear some of the styles the college girls wear, and still look good.

===

A couple of days after I answered this thread, I went to a dance, wearing knee high boots, a denim skirt that was just above knee length, and a nice blue blouse. A young fellow in his 20's chatted me up and danced with me. When he asked how old I was, I asked him to guess first. He said he thought I was 27! I thanked him, then admitted I was 59. He was surprised, but remained friendly, and introduced me to some of his friends later as a 'new friend' he had met that night.
    Last edited by Ceera; 03-12-2017 at 11:45 AM.

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    LOL, I'm so afraid of that question. I'm still hopping science will find a way to make telomere shortening reversal a real thing.

(Telomeres are an essential part of human cells that affect how our cells age. Telomeres are the caps at the end of each strand of DNA that protect our chromosomes, like the plastic tips at the end of shoelaces)
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Excellent question. I'm mid-fifties and dress mid-twenties. Peter Pan Syndrome or what.
    I used to have a short attention spa

I was thinking about this the other day. Most of my clothing choices seem to be suited for 30's - 40's. I feel that I present myself as a woman in her early to mid 40's. Most of the CD's that I know look younger than their actual male age.
    If men knew that by dressing like a girl they could knock 10 - 20 years off of how 'experienced' they are, us 'girls' would start to experience shortages in fashionable larger size shoes. LOL

Kelly, those plastic things on shoelaces are called aglets... from the vault of stupid facts in the far recesses of my brain... Haha

-Geena
    I am a work of art! I just wish that my artistic skill set was closer to Norman Rockwell than it is to Salvador Dali!

Aspiring Member
    Admittedly quite premature even now. I hope I'm age appropriate though, if not at least looking slightly more mature.

I can afford to wear a few more daring and indeed sexy styles at this point, although there will come a day where that becomes extremely insensible (as if it hasn't, ha.) I am more than sure that I will end up mostly dressing for comfort than for style, although the two are not mutually exclusive.

my style is fairly typical of a woman in their late twenties/ early thirties.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Red face I strongly believe in dressing your age if it's around 25!

I'm over 70 but Sherry's only about 20. So, we compromise and dress age 20 to 30!

Hey! If you've got it, flaunt it!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Silver Member
    I'm in my early 80s. But, I refuse to dress like it. The two times I've been out with forum sisters, I dressed 50ish. But at home, I will dress even younger. With full makeup, my mirror suggests that I'm 30 years younger, and I love it!

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    I do look at the younger fashion just because some of it is so cute, short skirts and such but mostly I find that even clothes
    made for mid age and up can be quite fashionable.
    I will wear short shorts on occasion though, hey when one has the legs why not

Ah-May-Lee
    My style of clothes would be that of a punk/goth teenager, probably 80's style teenager. I had things happen to me that messed my brain up, so I never grew up. To some people I could be called a "Middle".
    In solitude where we are least alone. Byron

I'm a mature individual and so I try to dress like a stylish mature woman.

I wear clothes that fit my body. I like short skirts and color. Must have lost my book somewhere because I don't know what age I'm dressing for I just dress for what I think I look good in. It may be a mini skirt maybe knee-length very seldom do I wear anything down to the floor. I have to dress like some old lady you might as well just KMN

I dislike the term "age appropriate" and like "venue appropriate". As most of us have learned that we tend to lose 10 years when presenting as a woman, plus how old we look in male mode, plus how old, or in my case, how young we feel. I always looked much younger (good genes) than my age (not so true today) and always felt and acted younger and probably more immature than my contemporaries, I dress and present and act much younger than I am. However, since the styles that I like (and I am still experimenting) are what I call modern chique, I blend very well and tend to present and fit the role of a much younger woman.

Platinum Member
    Hi Penny Lace, I can knock off at least 15 years with the proper make-up and wig,

My fashions span from 30ish ' to the 70ish' where I am......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I'd have to say that I wear things that are like my hippy/boho GG friends wear. That leaves it pretty open for mini, maxi and everything in between. Like others, I tend to dress for my body type and comfort. Right now summer is right around the corner and my current "thing" is sun dresses.

I'm stuck at around 14-15. I was brought up to believe that I was really a girl, but god made a mistake. So I thought that if I prayed and was good, god would fix me and I'd develop just like the rest of the girls did when they were getting near high school age (Of course, god never answered). I still feel like I'm waiting for that to happen.....
    What I wear worked when I was in high school; I was slim and had long hair, so I fit into my sister's clothes perfectly. Even into my early 20's the outfits looked acceptable.
    Now I just cover the mirrors, and I see what any girl of that age would see from her own eyes: The cute outfits. So that, and the feel of the clothes, are all it takes for me to feel normal that way.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I think I dress a bit younger and probably in the 50 year old range.
    I actually hope I never dress my age as I don't ever want to be old.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !