Thread: Victor Victoria!!

Victor Victoria!!

We got a fire stick! and I was looking up some of my favorite movies......I am sitting here watching Victor Victoria, one of my ALL TIME favorites, CRACKING UP!!! Oh the irony!!! LOL

what is your favorite movie?

This is a quick response "Natural Born Killers" For the Artistic content mainly, Maybe Murials wedding on a lighter note. Or Fantasia.

Best get back to preparing breakfast!
    Stacy.
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Banned Read only
    Favorite movie? In what genera?

Sci-fi.....Star Wars(as a whole)

Comedy.....Blazing Saddles

War movie.....The Fighting Sullivan's

Plan 9 from Outer space
    Cassablanca

One favorite of mine was Serenity. It was an action packed goody. I like the Bond films also.as well as star wars.
    Part Time Girl

Dana, I take it you watched the show Firefly?
    "The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes “Awww!” -- Jack Kerouac

Ah-May-Lee
    Favorite movie-Amelie

Movie more realistic to my life-Panic in Needle Park

Movie I'd love to have been the actress-Bell Book and Candle
    In solitude where we are least alone. Byron

Fave movies is a tough one... The Hobbit & LOTR (extended versions) collectively are probably my faves, but Harry Potter and Star Wars rank highly too. Fave comedy is probably Life of Brian.

If I could've starred in any movies they would be for the male lead Une Nouvelle Amie (watch it and you'll see what I mean) and female lead probably Adventures of Don Juan (I LOVE those costumes!). Otherwise I'd have loved to have played Catalina Cavalieri in Amadeus... as I may have mentioned once or twice :-p

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    Too many movies to count. Gender bender...Connie and Carla, I think Nia Vardalos is a very funny script writer.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Shawshank Redemption. Once Upon a Time in the West.

Just watched Bowfinger with my wife and the lady who rents an apartment from us. They had just binge shopped for leggings on line and asked my opinion on every purchase. I'm now known as the "fashion police". After dinner I changed into my pajamas and joined them for the movie. All in all it was a lovely evening. Oh, and I nailed dinner with pan seared cod, asparagus and red potatoes!!

Favorite movie?.... Cool hand Luke so much depth. I will agree with Stacy55, Natural born killers was a very under rated classic with a lot of artist content......???? are we in the lounge or was the question favorite CD film?
    When I am still and quiet, people who do not know me think, Oh how cute she's shy.
    People who do know me think, OMG RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Girls will be boys and boys will be girls It's a mixed up muddled up shook up world except for Lola

This thread should provide lots of interesting films for us cinemaphiles.
    In before the move to the media section.
    Of course, we have to go by categories, starting with the TG/TS one: Une nouvelle amie, aka a new girlfriend. I managed to track down a copy with english subtitles right after it first came out.
    Spy: Goldfinger.
    Comedy: Tie, Young Frankenstein, & Liar Liar.
    Romance: Love Actually
    Western: High Noon and it's sci fi remake, Outland
    Monster: Alien. Way better than anything else.
    Thriller. I was torn between several, so I went with the one I've watched the most, with the best plot. Where Eagles Dare.
    Mystery: This one was hard, so I had to pick the only one that I didn't figure out (for this, the movie had to have included adequate clues, and this one gave ONLY one hint). Sea of Love. Honorable mention for one with a real interesting change, Memento, told in 5 minute sections, backwards.
    Animated: Another hard one; I had to choose between children's and adult. Adult: Grave of the Fireflies. A Japanese film portraying the tale of two children, an older brother of maybe 13 and his young little sister (maybe 4 or 5?), and their often hopeless efforts to survive in a world where food and shelter are almost all gone. It'll tear your heart out.
    There are simply too many great animated films for children, to choose from. None had the impact on me that Grave of the Fireflies did.
    Courtroom: Witness for the Prosecution. So many twists. It's a black and white film, and, British.

All but Grave of the fireflies are available on Netflix. When I rented it, the disc was worn and scratched, so I returned it but receive the same disc back twice, so i guess they never replaced it. That's a shame. But it's available on Amazon, ebay & of course, torents. You don't need a high quality copy, as it's made in 1980's simple anime cartoon quality; the story is the star.
    Last edited by sometimes_miss; 03-12-2017 at 04:05 AM.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

My favorite movie is Shawshank Redemption for drama, Sci-Fi The Force Awakens, comedy Blazing Saddles and love stories Pride and Prejudice, CDing Some Like it Hot.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    U scared me, greeneyes! I thot were going announce Julie Andrews died!

Thank goodness she hasn't. Loved her in everything she ever did!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I'm thinking this belongs in the 'Media' thread

The Bird Cage, without a doubt. Robin Williams is great, but Nathan Lane is wonderful. And if you like that, find La Cage Au Failles (spelling?). It is the original in French.

Dee

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Platoon.
    Hamburger Hill.

Just thinking about Tarantino writing PULP FICTION! Is it cd or is it all messed up!

I don't like to be main stream, and I don't like Hamburgers, they dull my lippy!

Stacy!

So many great movies already mentioned, but a few that nobody has mentioned...

Over the top campiness - Priscilla, Queen of the Desert, and Tank Girl
    Comedies - Young Frankenstein (anything Mel Brooks, really)
    SciFi - The Day the Earth Stood Still (original version)
    Drama - The Green Mile

-Geena
    I am a work of art! I just wish that my artistic skill set was closer to Norman Rockwell than it is to Salvador Dali!

Nice reference To Pricilla, Geena!
    Seems like there may be more Queens in our desert!

I'll just add one more!

Stacy!