Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: misconception of crosdressing

seeks female admirers fri

misconception of crosdressing

There seems to be aisconceptoon that most crossdresser are gay and that female admirers are few and far between I total strate and find generally girls love to see a guy all dolled up mind you have only scratched the surface of this be interested to here discussion

This has been discussed with fair regularity. It is common for people to wrongly assume that crossdressers are gay (one that I made myself). When I met my boyfriend, I was asking myself that question and eventually asked him. He didn't seem gay based on who he was flirting with, but there were so many things about him that I associated with it. Anyway, he's 100% straight, and when I joined these forums, there was an active thread on the matter where members were asked their orientation. The vast majority of CDer here (and I believe in general) are straight.

As for girls loving to see guys dolled up, I think it depends on the context. And, obviously, the girl.
    "The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes “Awww!” -- Jack Kerouac

seeks female admirers fri
    Thanks for reply u are dead on with your point my last girlfriend was an admirer but she just didn't get the fact that I coodnt do men she sees to think if u dress like a tart then you take the consequences needless to say we are not an item anymore
    Last edited by Lorileah; 03-12-2017 at 01:07 PM. Reason: no need to quote post above yours

My SO and I have talked extensively about this. Neither of us see a problem with it, after all gg have been cross dressing since what? The 60s? Why is a girl in pants seen as ok but a guy in skirt is seen as gay? I dress for comfort. Occasionally I'll dress for sex but it's usually when she takes me, which we both love and see as a sign of trust and love. You can be straight and a cd or straight and like receiving anal. There is nothing wrong with it

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    In my experience, GG women r quite open minded about CD's compared to men in the USA. Many r intrigued by my sexy looks and especially my breast plate!

But, dating a CD is another matter completely. Even lesbians don't seem interested in that!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 03-13-2017 at 06:54 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by Adita Kali View Post
    My SO and I have talked extensively about this. Neither of us see a problem with it, after all gg have been cross dressing since what? The 60s? Why is a girl in pants seen as ok but a guy in skirt is seen as gay?
    Women started wearing pants in the '20s and the trend grew as more women entered the workforce doing jobs for which it was far more practical to wear pants. It became accepted because they forced it on society in numbers and it became a norm.

So long as men in skirts is mostly hidden, it won't become a norm, and it will continue to be stigmatized. If you want to be accepted, force it into society in numbers and make it a norm.

Men have been wearing skirts in Scotland for centuries.
    "The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes “Awww!” -- Jack Kerouac

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    In my experience, women are fascinated and very complimentary about my crossdressing also surprised that I'm straight. But as far as dating, I have not met one willing.

Quote Originally Posted by Majella St Gerard View Post
    But as far as dating, I have not met one willing.
    My experience is you have to build an emotional bond before launching the CD aspect of you on women. Few are naturally interested in it by itself, not zero but few. Most success stories I've heard about, there was a connection, then there was a discussion.

I've always waited a while before bringing the topic up. Not very long, but long enough to think that there might be the chance of and interest in a long term relationship.

I am bisexual and a crossdresser. I also have found women who are complimentary to my feminism but I have not been with a woman dressed.

Banned Read only
    Victoria,
    I guess others will say they are OK with it because it's not on their doorstep.

I do find they are fine with it , they love to see my pictures and when dressed. At the Xmas party the wives of from the other groups wouldn't let me leave the dance floor , and while many of the husbands propped the bar up. If I'd been dressed as a guy I probably wouldn't have had the chance to dance with them. I love the conversations we get into about what we're wearing and how nice the shoes are. I will admit some of the girls were young enough to be my daughter and some more but it doesn't appear top matter .
    We were also at having a meeting when there was a wedding party going on , the bride and groom entered our room and invited us to join their reception party , I was a little cautious because we are the possible target for practical jokes, my fear was someone could spike your drink. I don't dress and drink alcohol when out , if I'm stopped driving home even smelling of drink could lead to a difficult situation and my wife would be very unhappy with me.

To comment on people thinking we are gay, I'm glad to say I've got over that problem with my wife, going out socially has pushed those boundaries and proved I'm not , sharing a room with another CDer and meeting them socially is never going to change that , it helps me deal with my CDing but has never affected my sexual preferences .
    Last edited by Teresa; 03-13-2017 at 04:35 PM.

"Miss Conception"

That's Me, I was so confident about how straight I am that I've written in these pages of how straight I am!

So here is the honesty,

I Pretty myself up and want to be with someone just as Pretty!

So I guess that makes me Gay!

Damn!!!

Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

The first misconception is CDs are gay! Since CDs are gay they are safe and won't hit on me! (my wife and a few other females I have known!) This may be the "admirer's" thoughts. Even straight males in dressy male clothing are thought by many to be gay. And there is nothing wrong with being gay! It is such a strange world with all these wrong thoughts! If we would just think of others as human and drop all the labels and go from there it would be a better world! OK, done preaching! Sorry! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    Since I am not in the closet and dress em femm almost all the time, I only meet women when crossdressed.

I think the real misconception is that there exist states of being defined as "gay" and "straight."
    And so we go, on with our lives...
    We know the Truth, but prefer Lies.
    Lies are simple, simple is Bliss.
    Why go against tradition, when we can admit defeat,
    Live in Decline, be the victim of our own design?

I have been crossdressing for many years and keep up with the online dialog of the trans women community. On the two points in the thread, I conclude that perhaps 70 percent could not bear the thought of having sex with a man while presenting as a female. Many trans females totally look at themselves as female and enjoy all of the pleasures that a woman can have with a man. Regarding the second point, I have found that when genetic women find out that I am MTF (only when I speak for a long time), they are almost always curious and exceptionally friendly. I do present as an attractive well somewhat elegant female. There have been many cases where I was in a bar and met a married heterogeneous couples, and the females in several cases were extremely attracted to me, and could not restrain themselves from tastefully touching me at every opportunity even in the presence of their husbands.
    Jacqueline

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    This subject has been talked about here so many times if you want to read those threads use the search function it should keep you busy for hours reading them.
    Yes its a common misconception we will have to endure for many years to come.

Banned Read only
    Wen4cd,
    Yes of course there is, why is it a misconception ? you are either gay, bi or straight, Cding doesn't change that in the majority of people. To touch on the subject again some CDers with AGP aren't gay when dressed as men but want to go with men when dressed as a woman to live that role .

I know I'm straight , but bi-gender , my male side is OK with women but my female side also wants to share with a woman, it's the way my wiring is from the age of 8-9 years.

I guess the main misconception is that there are stereotypes about crossdressers. People who do this are gay, straight, bi and whatever and that's cool.

Teresa, what I mean to say is everyone is bi. There really is no gay or straight. We are all born with full potential. Gay and straight merely describe what our current preference is at this moment. They are both just limiting terms. If you are identifying as female and are attracted to other females that is not straight anymore. It's either bi, or else your female identity is not legitimate.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Oh I see this thread getting clipped very soon.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wen4cd View Post
    Teresa, what I mean to say is everyone is bi. There really is no gay or straight. We are all born with full potential. Gay and straight merely describe what our current preference is at this moment. They are both just limiting terms. If you are identifying as female and are attracted to other females that is not straight anymore. It's either bi, or else your female identity is not legitimate.
    "Legitimate female identity"? Ok, I'll admit I don't have one, Wen. But, it took me over 15 YEARS to figure that out! And, it only took me 5 years to figure out I'm not gay/bi. Just straight!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

You can call yourself straight sherry, but I won't lock you in that box. I wouldn't do that to anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriella111 View Post
    . . . . snip
    Men have been wearing skirts in Scotland for centuries.
    I have gotten into social trouble by referring to a "kilt" as a skirt to a Scotsman. And I was in AL, USA when it happened.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

You can call yourself straight sherry, but I won't lock you in that box. I wouldn't do that to anyone.
    Huh??? Thats a little weird, dont you think!

- Suzie

Silver Member
    I had a hard time figuring it out in the 50s. I did soon realize I wasn't able to become interested in guys. I liked girls. I did like playing a date with guys who were gay. Gave me a chance to get dressed and go out.