Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: misconception of crosdressing

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie Petersen View Post
    Huh??? Thats a little weird, dont you think!
    I don't think it is so weird, since I just got done saying, twice in this thread, that I don't believe in the concept of 'gay-vs-straight' at all, and explaining why.

If Sherry wants to claim straightness, that's fine for sherry, but someone, anyone, saying "hey, I'm straight!' isn't going to reshape my core beliefs on the issue - that we're all born bisexual, or with the potential to be, and that learned behaviors and directed upbringing train us on convention, and lock us into boxes, pidgeonholes of sexual preference. This causes way too much unhappiness in our world, and doesn't need to be fostered anymore. At the very least, I won't do it. Hope that clears up the weirdness.
    And so we go, on with our lives...
    We know the Truth, but prefer Lies.
    Lies are simple, simple is Bliss.
    Why go against tradition, when we can admit defeat,
    Live in Decline, be the victim of our own design?

Wen4cd: I don't think it is so weird, since I just got done saying, twice in this thread, that I don't believe in the concept of 'gay-vs-straight' at all, and explaining why.
    It doesnt make it less weird that you have said it twice.

If someone tells you what their sexual orientation is, that is what it is. It is not going to change because you decide it should be something else.

- Suzie

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie Petersen View Post
    It doesnt make it less weird that you have said it twice.

If someone tells you what their sexual orientation is, that is what it is. It is not going to change because you decide it should be something else.

- Suzie
    A little touchy on this subject? I'm not deciding what someone likes or may like. I'm rather deciding that this is something they like, not something they are. Also, people do not dictate to me what or how to think of them. Sherry happens to be my favorite person on this forum for many years and knows what playfulness sounds like.
    Last edited by Wen4cd; 03-14-2017 at 12:14 AM.

Banned Spammer
    Even doctors think those who cross dress want to be women are and want to be with a man.

There are all types of reasons why men cross dress.

Wen,

You can certainly have your belief about that, no problem with that. I happen to disagree as I believe we are born with a sexual orientation, be that straight, gay or bi. I do not believe people just chose this at some point in their life.

I do however think that you are right in what you said here:
    Wen: ... learned behaviors and directed upbringing train us on convention, and lock us into boxes, pidgeonholes of sexual preference.
    and I agree that this might keep some people, who were born gay or bi, from living their life as they would prefer.

It was just your choice of words in that statement earlier that sounded to me like you said that it didnt matter to you that Sherry said she is straight, you would still chose to think of her as bi or gay. That was a little weird to me.

- Suzie

Banned Spammer
    When a TG looks better then a GG/cisgirl I think people feel you should of been a girl ,not knowing what you went thru to get to that point are mile stone in your transition. I have seen men go from burly men to attractive transsexuals.they got smaller and skinny then got on hrt and grew feminine proportions and had various surgeries and stuff.

People take the easy way out to make all TG's a monolith. Some tg are TV are drag queen, are CD,are TS are femboy....
    Last edited by reinasblack; 03-14-2017 at 03:19 AM.

I agree everyone is born with who they are, It's like saying some can choose their eye color, I don't think anyone would choose to be put through what some people are

How can those that find the idea of homosexuality disgusting be bisexual (vice versa)? I believe there are degrees of bisexuality but it's on a scale of 0 to 100.

There are many that are at 0 being completely straight. And there are those that are at 10, who are basically straight, but have some curiosity. 50/50 bisexual is probably the most rare, as there is usually a stronger preference one way or the other. Just my opinion from observation and logic.

People take the easy way out to make all TG's a monolith. Some tg are TV are drag queen, are CD,are TS are femboy....
    True, but the topic of this thread is narrowed down to crossdressers. I suppose there are many ignorant folks out there that group us all together. And they think we're all gay!
    Last edited by Ressie; 03-14-2017 at 07:13 AM.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

All I know is when I was twenty I had three female housemates, they saw the value in dressing me as a girl.

Originally it gave them moral support when the boys were attracted to us, I could then dissuade them in no uncertain terms.

As the relationship grew I was groomed as a girl and all five or six of us went on the town.

Yes I did enjoy life subletting the house to three girls.

A major problem was whose lingerie was hanging over the shower rail at any one time.

I always had something to wear Saturday night, just whose outfit was the quandary. :-)

I think I answered the question, as reading through it others seem to be looking at the importance of being homosexual.

Yes I certainly had a gay time most weekends. :-) :-)

That wasn't to do with guys either.
    Last edited by Beverley Sims; 03-14-2017 at 07:43 AM.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Ah-May-Lee
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeb75 View Post
    I agree everyone is born with who they are, It's like saying some can choose their eye color, I don't think anyone would choose to be put through what some people are
    Funny you mention eyes. My eyes use to be blue now they are grey. Though unlike what you said, I still didn't choose the change. I'm not disagreeing with you I just thought it strange when you mentioned eyes and mine did change.

Now, what was the original question? Misconceptions or something like that. I think there are misconceptions to just about anything in life. It all depends how one reacts to these misconceptions. Do we cry and complain, do we try and correct them, or do like me and don't give a twaddle what people think.

I don't have sex anymore, I hate it, so I am not gay, straight or bi anymore.
    In solitude where we are least alone. Byron

Banned Read only
    Wen,
    I still don't go along with it, as humans we have the potential to do so many things the way we are wired controls that, my wiring just doesn't click with men in an intimate way, nothing is going to persuade me to change that . Socially I'm fine with both genders, on a day to day basis I treat everyone the same , Idon't feel trapped in any box apart from the DADT one !

I think there are the same percentages for Cds as there are in non CD, plenty of straight, some BI some gay...I don't see how it matters...!
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I have found the percentages of gay and straight here in CD land about the same as out in the real world.
    Really its not something to worry about or discuss at length because there is nothing any of us can do about it.

Banned Read only
    Referencing Maid's comment that generally girls love to see a guy all dolled up and Jacqueline's comment that the wives she was around were extremely attracted to her and couldn't restrain themselves from touching her; WOW, what does that say about women being turned on seeing men cross dressed and presenting in ladies sexy clothes. Could be the attractively feminine CD puts out a more sexual attraction and air presenting this way than men dressed in neck tie and jacket. Women's clothes and their presentation show sexiness, men's clothes don't. Women aren't inhibited as much as men, meaning in these cases especially Jacqueline's that they were sexually attracted and curious to the female presentation but would also be able to enjoy the sexual experience of what the male anatomy offers when the dress comes off. Just how I read this.

Now my experience on how women have reacted to me when dressed andro and shopping and trying on female clothing, they were very, very friendly, complimentary on me wearing female clothes and extremenly helpful and wanted a connection and made a point to go out of their way when I passed them later on walking through a store to talk and be friendly.

Did you know that in one season you can change the color of hydrangea blooms from pink to blue, or vice versa, simply by changing the ph levels of the soil the roots are in? Also, changes in diet will change your eye color. Just sayin...

But here's Plato, form 360 BC, making more sense than most modern day gender sophists by discussing the way we are born androgynous and sexually whole, and then are split to our suffering and are ever-longing for our lost other half. He does this by speaking with a character about the mythology of 'original man' - a symbol which the Greeks and others commonly use as an allegory to illustrate our 'original state' (ie: our potential at birth, and how it is deteriorated into what we become as unfulfilled adults)

Also he makes mention in this text that gay sex is fine, and was planned by Zeus as a method of human satisfaction. 360 BC was apparently not the dark ages.

Plato (Symposium) :
    The sexes were not two as they are now, but originally three in number; there was man, woman, and the union of the two, having a name corresponding to this double nature, which had once a real existence, but is now lost, and the word "Androgynous" is only preserved as a term of reproach. In the second place, the primeval man was round, his back and sides forming a circle; and he had four hands and four feet, one head with two faces, looking opposite ways, set on a round neck and precisely alike; also four ears, two privy members, and the remainder to correspond. He could walk upright as men now do, backwards or forwards as he pleased, and he could also roll over and over at a great pace, turning on his four hands and four feet, eight in all, like tumblers going over and over with their legs in the air; this was when he wanted to run fast. Now the sexes were three, and such as I have described them; because the sun, moon, and earth are three;-and the man was originally the child of the sun, the woman of the earth, and the man-woman of the moon, which is made up of sun and earth, and they were all round and moved round and round: like their parents.

Terrible was their might and strength, and the thoughts of their hearts were great, and they made an attack upon the gods; of them is told the tale of Otys and Ephialtes who, as Homer says, dared to scale heaven, and would have laid hands upon the gods. Doubt reigned in the celestial councils. Should they kill them and annihilate the race with thunderbolts, as they had done the giants, then there would be an end of the sacrifices and worship which men offered to them; but, on the other hand, the gods could not suffer their insolence to be unrestrained.

At last, after a good deal of reflection, Zeus discovered a way. He said: "Methinks I have a plan which will humble their pride and improve their manners; men shall continue to exist, but I will cut them in two and then they will be diminished in strength and increased in numbers; this will have the advantage of making them more profitable to us. They shall walk upright on two legs, and if they continue insolent and will not be quiet, I will split them again and they shall hop about on a single leg." He spoke and cut men in two, like a sorb-apple which is halved for pickling, or as you might divide an egg with a hair; and as he cut them one after another, he bade Apollo give the face and the half of the neck a turn in order that the man might contemplate the section of himself: he would thus learn a lesson of humility. Apollo was also bidden to heal their wounds and compose their forms. So he gave a turn to the face and pulled the skin from the sides all over that which in our language is called the belly, like the purses which draw in, and he made one mouth at the centre, which he fastened in a knot (the same which is called the navel); he also moulded the breast and took out most of the wrinkles, much as a shoemaker might smooth leather upon a last; he left a few, however, in the region of the belly and navel, as a memorial of the primeval state. After the division the two parts of man, each desiring his other half, came together, and throwing their arms about one another, entwined in mutual embraces, longing to grow into one, they were on the point of dying from hunger and self-neglect, because they did not like to do anything apart; and when one of the halves died and the other survived, the survivor sought another mate, man or woman as we call them, being the sections of entire men or women, and clung to that.

They were being destroyed, when Zeus in pity of them invented a new plan: he turned the parts of generation round to the front, for this had not been always their position and they sowed the seed no longer as hitherto like grasshoppers in the ground, but in one another; and after the transposition the male generated in the female in order that by the mutual embraces of man and woman they might breed, and the race might continue; or if man came to man they might be satisfied, and rest, and go their ways to the business of life: so ancient is the desire of one another which is implanted in us, reuniting our original nature, making one of two, and healing the state of man.

Each of us when separated, having one side only, like a flat fish, is but the indenture of a man, and he is always looking for his other half.

The more I think about it, the less I know about what it means to be gay or straight. I used to have definite ideas about it the same way I knew what color "fleshtone" was. But now I don't.

To paraphrase Bob Dylan:

Yes, my guard stood hard when abstract threats too noble to neglect
    Deceived me into thinking I had something to protect
    {Gay and straight}, I define these terms quite clear, no doubt, somehow
    Ah, but I was so much older then I'm younger than that now

Banned Spammer
    Basically you are who you are. Not what people think or their ideas are. Butt Holes are like Opinions every one has one. It is what it is. What it comes down to is who you are inside. As long as you are comfortable on the outside then you are who you are.

The clothes do not make the person.

The clothes tells people they enjoy wearing them.

The attitude and what you like is what tells people what you want and what you like.

Just because you believe what society is saying or what doctors tell us or what psychologist says the truth is with in each and every one of us.

The media can control what people think the people can control what the media projects.

If you want to dress like a woman and do not want to be with guys either date or sexually you are straight. Remember clothes do make what a person is. If it did I wonder what the Innuit would do when they all wear the same cariboo skins!!!! or The tribes in south america they just wear skins over their genitals?

When you assume how some one dresses you belong to the stereo typing group. To assume people are all Bi or because they dress a certain way they are gay or bi then you are stereo typing and follow what the media dictates.

Women wear Cow boy boots guys wear cowboy boots does that make either one gay? bi? straight? Guys wear jeans and so do women. Does that make them Bi gay or straight.

If a guy doesn't like guys and loves being with women he is straight. Same with women. If they only want to be with a guy. To say people are born Bi? No I doubt it at all. You are who you are inside.

To assume is not good and can lead to trouble. To know what people are inside will give you a better understanding as to why men and women crossdress.