Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wife mocking me..??

Wife mocking me..??

My wife seems to be mocking me. It has been just over a year since I came out to her as trans. Never one for makeup, she has begun to dabble in it. She has always kept her hair rather short. In the last year, she has let it grow, and now she seemingly flaunts it. She makes sure she mentions at least a couple of times a day how long it is getting, much to my chagrin. Maybe it's just me. Maybe I'm being overly sensitive. I don't know. All I do know for sure, it that my desire to be who I really am, to be me, is so overwhelming, so all consuming, that I can no longer hold it back. To watch someone whom I love with all my heart, and purports to love me as well, throw it back in my face, well, it hurts. It really hurts.

Do you like the longer hair? She is obviously reinventing her appearance. If you like it compliment her.

Don't feel so threatened.

jodi

Talk to her about how you're feeling.
    "The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes “Awww!” -- Jack Kerouac

Maybe she's just making an effort to look nice. Maybe she feels her relationship is threatened by you being trans. Who knows? I would suggest asking her in a non-confrontational way. It's good to talk.
    A girl can never have too many dresses

I agree with the people who posted before me. I cannot speak for your wife, of course, but I can relate my own experience that was NOT motivated by a desire to mock.

I also went through a phase fairly early in our relationship where I did my best to dress attractively, in a manner that I perceived would appeal to my SO. I knew that my SO was attracted to all things feminine, and so I wanted to enhance my own femininity in order to get him to be MORE attracted to ME. In a sense, I felt that I was competing for my SO’s male attention. The competition was between me and my SO’s femme expression. If this makes sense. I thought that if I was feminine enough, my SO would appreciate me just as much as he appreciated dressing up.

Do you wear a long-hair wig or are you attracted to women who have long hair? This might explain why your wife wants to grow her own hair and also why she points that out. She may want you to think that she is attractive too. Do you wear makeup? Your wife may perceive that you think makeup is beautiful, and so she may want to also become beautiful in your eyes.
    Reine

Reine makes really great points. Maybe she thought those things were never so important to you, and now she believes they are. This could be her searching for something the two of you can connect on together. A shared interest/activity you can share.
    "The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes “Awww!” -- Jack Kerouac

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriella111 View Post
    This could be her searching for something the two of you can connect on together. A shared interest/activity you can share.
    This might be Rebecca's wife's motive, but in my case, I was most definitely not looking for something to share. I thought my SO was enamored with the female expression and I wanted him to be enamored with me more than the female expression. I wanted to be the prime attraction in his eyes.

I did suggest early on that we share in girly activities together, but this was an attempt to be allowed into my SO's world because I wanted to become a fixture in it - I wanted to make sure he noticed and appreciated me - more than looking for a girlfriend to do girly activities with. I'm middle-aged, and the notion of doing girly things with other females went by the wayside after I graduated from high school. When we become adult women, we really do stop engaging in activities like putting on each other's makeup or doing each other's hair as some sort of bonding experience.
    Reine

As others have said we really do not know much about your wife or relationship condition from this thread. However, I strongly believe that you are being way overly sensitive. Your wife has the right to grow her hair out, just like you and if she is really enjoying the change in look, why not celebrate with her? My wife had beautiful long auburn hair when we got married and then after having the children, maintaining it was too much work when added to everything else. She cut it really short and kept it that way until several years later. I really missed that long hair and never made a big deal out of it after she had cut it. You say that your wife has always had it short. Maybe she is truly enjoying the process and new look on her Hell, I love my own new long hair and probably drive my friends crazy talking about it sometimes. It just seems natural to me what your wife is doing. If you are concerned, then have a nice talk with her about her hair and why she is enjoying it so much. You do not have to mention your dreams. Make that moment just about her. I do understand your hurt, but without any further detailed information I do not see it as intentional. Good luck.

This is interesting.

I had a GF who really didn't have much of a thing for lingerie until I came along as a CDer in her life. Me doing my thing changed how she related to female clothing. We would go shopping and we always got two of anything we bought. If I wore something like a negligee, she didn't have one due to her previous attitude towards these things, but when I showed mine she wanted one. I seemed to be something of a catalyst for her. I never viewed it as a competition, I couldn't get enough of it. If she enjoyed it because of me, it would have been dumb for me to push her away in jealousy. There was even more we were just starting to discover when our relationship ended, one day I caught her wearing a pair of my panties. Hmmm.... I think we were heading to a situation of sharing clothes like two close girlfriends.

Even with my SO, as a female she has little to no interest in dressing in sexy things, but because its' a turn on for me she puts some time and attention into these things.

I wonder if something like this isn't happening with your wife Rebecca. I don't think it's a negative thing in itself and can actually be a bonding thing if you can run with it. What if you engaged with her like the girl you want to be. If she was sharing these things with a girlfriend, what would the girlfriend say back? Talk about her makeup (and yours?). Comment on her hair in a positive supportive way. I'm thinking there could be girly things going on that you might actually enjoy. I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that she is trying to taunt you. Personally I think she might be getting into a more girly mode and you can share this with her rather than push it away.
    Last edited by sweetdreams; 03-12-2017 at 03:52 PM.

Thanks for the opinions everyone. I am really trying. Really. The main reason that I believe she is mocking me, is the condecending tone. She talks down to me. She belittles me. She makes me feel beneath her.

Ahh! I was struggling a little to understand the real issue here. I see that there is a lot more than growing of hair and use of makeup to possibly make herself more attractive to you. Is she angry with you?

Quote Originally Posted by rebecca_ns View Post
    Thanks for the opinions everyone. I am really trying. Really. The main reason that I believe she is mocking me, is the condecending tone. She talks down to me. She belittles me. She makes me feel beneath her.
    We can't possibly know everything about your lives in a few short paragraphs, but it occurs to me that if she is doing this, you have more pressing issues in your marriage than the CDing. Have you considered seeking marital therapy?
    Reine

well, rebecca, that could be a whole other thing. People have been supportive here, but if she'd doing these things in a way to be demeaning to you, that throws a whole different light on things. Truth is, none of us are really in a position to comment as we can't be there to see the interaction &, as always, couples therapy may be the only way to proceed.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

glad to see we think alike, Reine...

Quote Originally Posted by rebecca_ns View Post
    The main reason that I believe she is mocking me, is the condecending tone. She talks down to me. She belittles me. She makes me feel beneath her.
    And that is a horse of a different color. It is possible, even likely, that she is expressing some dissatisfaction, even animosity, through her behavior and her words. She's communicating something, it seems, but you won't know until you ask. Yes, that's hard, and probably more than a bit scary. Find a way for the two of you to communicate effectively. If it takes a third party, and I mean a pro, not a friend or clergy, then so be it. It's very possible that that will open the door to a much deeper relationship, but you are likely to be better off than you are now, or where you may be headed.

Our relationship is very one sided. I dote on her constantly. I take care of all her needs. I put her well being before my own. I do all the cooking, cleaning, dishes, and laundry. I also do all the outside chores as well. I just don't know. It's like she's throwing it in my face. I just feel so lost and alone.

Platinum Member
    As many others have observed, it's a miastake to infer something negative from your wife's interest in making herself more attractive. It's much more likely that she is doing this because she wants to look her best, for herself and for you.

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Have you thought of saying to your wife, 'It feels as if you're mocking me'?
    I used to have a short attention spa

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I may be wrong but do you two talk much and by that I mean about you being trans?
    If one of you isn't willing to talk that may be her way of aggravating you.
    If you just act like what she is doing doesn't bother you in the least there is a good chance she will stop doing it when she realizes it has no effect on you.
    I have to ask do you have a habit of talking down to her or mock what she does?Does she feel by you being trans in some way is mocking her?
    If so then there is your answer she is paying you back.
    Something to think about so you need to check yourself and try to see it from her side too and think am I being a dick to her?

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkilovesdresses View Post
    Have you thought of saying to your wife, 'It feels as if you're mocking me'?
    I have. It would however, lead to an argument, an I am unwilling to go that route. I grew up with arguing parents. I will not put my daughter through that. I will suffer in silence for the sake of my daughter. I will put on a happy face despite the fact that I am dying inside.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    I may be wrong but do you two talk much and by that I mean about you being trans?
    If one of you isn't willing to talk that may be her way of aggravating you.
    If you just act like what she is doing doesn't bother you in the least there is a good chance she will stop doing it when she realizes it has no effect on you.
    I have to ask do you have a habit of talking down to her or mock what she does?Does she feel by you being trans in some way is mocking her?
    If so then there is your answer she is paying you back.
    Something to think about so you need to check yourself and try to see it from her side too and think am I being a dick to her?
    I always put her feelings first. I don't want to hurt her. I am always complimenting her. I try to make her feel like she is the most important person in my life. I just feel as though I am here for her convenience. I don't push anything on her. I don't bring up the subject of me being trans. I just don't know any more.........

Your coming out might have caused her to rethink her own femininity. The longer hair and make up could be her reaction. I don't think she's mocking you.

She may not be mocking me, but it sure feels that way......maybe I'm imagining it. I have been trying to get her to go to therapy. Her response was, and I quote; "you're the one with the problem, not me".

I'm not really clear on the dynamics of the relationship with regard to the crossdressing.

1. What is the extent of your crossdressing as far as your wife is concerned?
    2. My initial sense is you have told her about it but you are still in the closet?
    3. How secure are you in your acceptance of yourself as a crossdresser?
    4. Are you clear on what this means to you?
    5. Do you want to transition?
    6. Are you gay or bi?

The reason I ask is if you aren't clear on who you are and what you want, it's difficult to explain or expect someone to accommodate you. I know this is something that seems to change for all of us over time, but where are you right now?

Also I'm not trying to be nosy by asking a bunch of personal questions. I'm just trying to get a sense of who and where you are in your CD journey.
    Last edited by sweetdreams; 03-12-2017 at 05:10 PM.

I tell my GF that she is the best woman for me and tell her she is pretty. I think she is growing her hair and is trying to get a really nice comment from you. Do you have long hair? If you do she may be hurt and is trying to be a woman to you. Talk to her and see how she feels.
    Part Time Girl

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    How about getting her alone and that is with your child not at home some afternoon and having a deep heart to heart talk.
    Answer her questions and you answer hers. Write them down if you have to so you remember them to ask her.
    If you feel you are just here for her convenience tell her that don't beat around the bush get it out there.
    So I see you don't talk about because you don't want to push things but maybe its time.
    You do what you want but from my experience with two ex wives if you don't stand up for yourself you will continue to be her door mat.
    She will continue to treat you like you don't matter because in her eyes you don't.
    You may ask why and its because you won't stand up to her.
    I am saying that because I was just like you in both my marriages and I got treated like I didn't matter and I was just a paycheck.
    Both told me thats what they didn't like about me I was too easy going and didn't tell them no and act like a real man.
    Like I said do what you want and I'm not saying be a jerk but make your voice be heard and show her you do matter.

Banned Read only
    Rebecca,
    I'm sorry you see it like that, it's good to see a partner/wife take an interest in herself, OK she might being trying to prove she can do it better than you , so let her enjoy herself as well .
    Your dressing could have pushed her the other way and may have let herself go, so how would you feel about that ? I know which I prefer, I love my wife buying herself a new dress and planning when to wear it, OK I'd love to join her but at least it's good to see her feeling good about herself . She may not wish to see me dressed but I have a feeling she has checked out some of my things so she knows I dress smartly and present myself well but I would never make it any kind of competition .

I've just read the rest of your replies, I can't help thinking if you push too hard on this issue you will have a DADT situation on your hands, your wife is doing what my wife keeps telling me, she just wants the man she married. I do all the cooking , cleaning, laundry and shopping, she would prefer me tackle more of the male jobs as well, but I've lost interest, yes she does mock me for it and at times I get annoyed,she is simply frustrated knowing it's never going to be the same again . As we nearly separated she doesn't push too hard because that will be my answer, we came to a compromise for the family so she has to accept it's now as good as it gets for both of us. Occasionally she does pull a low body punch which really hurts but I guess I'm hurting her at times .
    Last edited by Teresa; 03-12-2017 at 07:55 PM.