Thread: Busted by daughter

Busted by daughter

This happened this morning. I was busy on the computer, then I hear the door go and my daughter shouted hello. Panic gripped me I couldn't go anywhere so it was game over. She came in and saw me dressed. But her reaction really surprised me she didn't bat an eye lid at seeing me dressed. I asked why, she said that she goes to university and its quite normal sight for her. We busied ourselves doing our own thing and nothing else was said. I can trust her not to tell as we've got a very close relationship. It was a great shock but we handled it.

That is fantastic Dominique. Now you can share thoughts with your daughter.
    Part Time Girl

that's really cool. one of my greatest fears about having kids is that they could potentially reject me because of this but hey it does seem like kids these days are mostly becoming pretty cool about gender things.

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    Gotta love this generation.
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

What a great outcome! My daughter's of a similar age and I suspect she'd react the same. I'll try to make sure that I don't test this out just yet though!
    A girl can never have too many dresses

My wife claims her parents and siblings know and my 3 adult children know, but not one has made any comment to me to let me know that they do know. My wife tells me when my oldest daughter was told her dad likes to wear a dress, the response was "so what?" If they do want to know more, I would be happy to share with them. But if they choose not to ask, then why force it upon them?
    Glad it went well with your daughter - it does ease your mind when you no longer feel you have to hide that from a loved one.
    Hugs, Ellen

My Daughters know and are fine with it as well. In fact I can say without a doubt that they could care less. My Son is another story, although he is a hard working fine upstanding family man when it comes to things he doesn't understand he is pretty much an ass. It's sad and I miss the boy I really do... Maybe one day he will realize what matters in life and what does not.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    You're all quite lucky. My college attending daughter is NOT ok with it.
    So, we have a DADT situation.

Which I feel is better than getting caught!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Platinum Member
    Hi Dominique , As I started reading your story I was prepared for the worst, Glad it had a happy ending......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Dominique, stories like yours give me a lot of optimism that the world will be a lot more accepting of diversity of all sorts in the future. Then again i am a glass half full kind of a girl.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Clearly a good job of parenting - you have a great daughter

Happy it all worked out so well!! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

In a place like Scotland that is good news, I hope your relationship endures.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Win for the home team!
    the only limit that u set, is the one u set yourself.

Silver Member
    My daughters know but we don't dwell on it. More like, I don't care what you do, not to be demeaning.

No longer any need to hide from that person. It must feel liberating to have your secret come out. Be prepared for some follow on conversations though. I'm sure she is still busily processing her new knowledge about you.

There was another member on here from Scotland. My ancestors were from there also and we used to visit often but she seemed to disappear from this site. You are a lucky person to have a daughter so understanding and I agree with others that she will probably have more to say and ask you later though. Keep that line of communication open because it's important to you and her in later life. My daughters would have a fit I'm afraid if they knew.

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    Wow,I haven't came out to my SO,or daughter of the similar age.But maybe your right this generation is more open to gender things. Quick story I went shopping in guy mode and took my toddler with me,figured she won't say nothing,was I wrong.When my SO came home from work that day she was able to say daddy,blouse,girl,and Sears,all in between her baby language.I had to come up with a story for my SO ,hopefully she believed me.

Banned Read only
    Dominique,
    So good to hear your daughter was OK about your CDing.
    I wasn't caught dressed by my daughter but she saw me ironing a dress that she knew didn't belong to my wife so I came clean and told her it belonged to me and why . She has since seen many pictures but not in reality as her husband has ,she offered to let me dress at her home when going to a social meeting close to her home. Her husband can't believe how glamorous I look ( his words, not mine !) The difference with me is my wife already knew, so no worries over disclosing a secret, the problem is my wife and daughter do have heated discussions over my CDing, she feels my wife is too harsh on me, I've asked her not to get upset , she shouldn't be piggy in the middle.

I am widowed after sharing 40 years of marriage with my wife. I came out to my wife while we were still dating. She accepted and supported my crossdressing. I came out to my daughters after she died. They prefer to see me in my male image as their dad. So, it is a DADT relationship with them. I'm slightly disappointed as I thought my older daughter, who is very liberal, would be more supportive. Your lucky to have children that are so supportive.

I've said this before, but it's so great that millennials are such an open minded generation. It can only get better.
    Ciao,
    Scarlett