Thread: disappointing dressing experience

Aspiring Member

disappointing dressing experience

Just needed to vent. Today was the first time in 2 months I have had time to get dolled up. It seemed like when ever I had a chance, life would get in the way. I got all my stuff out, picked out an outfit, put on makeup, and looked in the mirror. I felt like it was the first time I had ever done makeup and felt I wasn't put together. I don't know if after being out in the real world it seems pointless or I'm just in the wrong mood. I am going to try again Monday. Hopefully I will have a better time.
    Sara

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Sara we have all been there, some days we put it all together and look at ourselves and think what! It can be frustrating but we just have to get past it put on our big girl panties and do it better next time.

We all have our bad days. Monday will be better, Cheer up.

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Hang in there -- I recently had a discouraging dressing experience a few weeks ago, then last week had all pistons firing again. It happens -- just have fun

Been there too! That is unsurprising, though, because I am not an expert. An hour of makeup-ing followed by a hard reset. Feeling masculine, deflated, wastage of time, wastage of skin tolerance, wastage of product.. .

Last time that happened, I took pictures before washing it off. Then after a couple of days of cooling off, I looked at them, contrasted with others that I liked, and tried to identify where it left the rails. Then I made notes to read before the next attempt. You might not need to go to those lengths, but that's what I did .

But, yeah, you need to pick yourself up and try again .

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    That happens to all of us but cheer up and try again on Monday.
    Some days its great some days not so great live and learn and try again.
    Main thing is don't give up.

Just to add to the chorus, had those days myself. Get all dressed up, put on makeup, look in the mirror and it's just "no!" Give it a day or two. You'll be fine.

Aspiring Member
    Yeah, been there too.
    I had a great period when I was able to dress fully, with makeup, and go out at least twice a week for about 2 months. I got it down to about 15 minutes to do full makeup. Then I had a break of about 3 months forced upon me. The next time I did my makeup it was a disaster. Took me ages, and in the end I just washed it all off and stayed in. I was gutted at the time. Just that one failure made me think that I'd just been lucky every other time, and that I had no talent for it at all.
    I got over it though. It was just because I was out of practice.
    Haven't been out for about a month now, so I guess the same thing might happen again.

Banned Read only
    Sara,
    Good days and bad days we all have them ! I don't normally do makeup or wig at home for that very reason, it's for a limited period , I just enjoy the time dressed without the thought of being caught out with makeup on, it's so wasteful . Going out is a different matter, that's my time and I love the whole package , looking like an acceptable well dressed woman going off in her car to meet some good friends for a drink and a chat, and maybe a good laugh.

Hi Sara, yep, been there, done that same thing. It wsa almost like I forgot all of my makeup techniques. No I didn't stay in but I had lost my desire to blend that day. I now try to review my techniques before starting. I like what Lydianne said about taking and keeping notes, sounds like good advice. There is always so much to remember. Don't give up just start thinking earlier. Have fun. Thank you for sharing. Brenda

At my age I almost hate looking in the mirror and realizing I'm not the same as when I used to have smooth skin and looked decent dressed, then there are times when my heart is really into dressing that I feel like million dollars. It's already been said we all have good makeup, and dress up days and bad ones, it's just pa part of the game. I've also observed my wife some days she will tell me I feel like not getting dressed up to run into town. She'll dab on some makeup and do a half a$$ job. Maybe it's just a woman's thing to not want to get all dolled up to run to town, but to me and most of us we'd love to think we would love doing it all the time. Sometimes our hearts just are not in tune to dressing that day.

I have been dressed all week, I had to change for a business appointment that lasted ten mins.

Took an hour out of my time changing over.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Like anything we do we will have bad days and good days, hopefully the next time will be better. Hugs Jaymee
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

Everybody has a bad day once in awhile, including women. Next time will be better for you.

Sometimes it just doesn't work out. My wife was out of town last weekend and then when I got dressed I just wasn't feeling it. I think it was because I was stressed and tired...and then other times when I am stressed getting dressed feels like a life saver. Hope next time will be better.