Thread: I was outside dressed for the first time tonight

I was outside dressed for the first time tonight

I know it was a cowardly way to do it but I waited until everyone in my home was in bed put my stuff in a back pack, drove to a isolated parking lot that was hidden by hedges changed then drove around for about a half hour then went back and changed(i have to admit I left the pantyhose on and went to burger king and to the store) then hurried home before anyone woke up. I know late at night with no one around is nothing but I was nervous(mostly about what if a cop came while I was changing or if I got pulled over dressed). I think my next big step will come in Octber I'm going to a Trek convention in SF but I always get there a day early so I'm going to Carla's for a transformation then maybe go to Diva, i figure no one I know will be that far south(i'm planning on taking uber or lyft I would dare to take mass transit or uber and lyft good?). I'm already budgeting it

So long as it's a cop your worried about and not a car jacker, your doing okay
    Think many girls started in an isolated carpark
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Platinum Member
    Hi Mike, They say that the trip of a thousand miles starts with the first step,

It will not be long before you are going out dressed in broad daylight......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Hey, you did it. You wanted to go out and you went out. Congratulations. Don't be hard on yourself for succeeding. However, if you're still at the nervous change-in-the-parking-lot stage, you may find going out fully dressed, even in a friendly venue like San Francisco, to be a little daunting when the time comes. Be gentle with yourself. Be forgiving. Do the things you can do and let the rest be things you will do. And have fun. It gets better each time.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

You went out, that is what was important to you! Don't be hard on yourself! It takes time and sometimes baby steps! Do what you can and then set goals for moving along! Best wishes on your journey! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Dressed on a trolley car in SFX is no big deal, go for it and have fun at the convention.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Thank-You all for the kind words and advice, I truly do appreciate it

Not cowardly at ALL. You did what is right for you at the right time, and that is what you should keep doing. Don't worry about it. Just make sure that you're happy..and that you're enjoying what you do.

It took me a LONG time to be comfortable going out. It took even longer to finally admit to the SA...these clothes are for ME. But each step I took was a step in the right direction...and a step just big enough that I felt comfortable with.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    My first ventures outside the house were on late night drives, its how many of us take our first steps beyond the confines of the home, Nothing cowardly about it at all, and it can lead to great things.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

First steps are just that first steps. Once you get comfortable going out you will love it. Find places that are accepting and try them out, the freedom is intoxicating ...at least to me.
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

You're off to a good start. My first outings were fast food runs in skinny jeans and a men's t-shirt. Once I learned that nothing bad was going to happen that became my daily uniform for a long time.
    Carries a spray bottle of "pink fog" around with her in her purse at all times.

I remember doing much the same thing when I was in college, sneaking out of the house with my things in a bag, and changing out on a lonely, county road. When I got back into dressing up, I would dress at a friend's place, someone who accepted me for who I am, and we went on late night drives. It was so exaggerating and freeing! Don't put yourself down as cowardly. It takes a lot of courage to venture from the confines of your home, even if you only drive around. Soon it'll be walking into a store, or going out for lunch, or even taking a trip. It all starts with the decision to step out the door. Good for you!
    stefanilara.wordpress.com
    A Girl in disguise

Silver Member
    Never minimize ANY step forward. We've all had our first steps, and many of them looked exactly like yours. So congratulations, it gets easier every time you get out there. One more thing I want known is that EVERY outing makes the world a friendlier place for us all by increasing our visibility.

Thanks to courage I have gain from reading here I went another step tonight, I went out and this time I got out of the car and went to the atm to make a deposit dressed I was nervous because the drug store was open next door and cars were passing by but no one said anything

Hell-o mikeb

OMG! You know that ATM has a video cam right???
    You just made that banks CDer list. Haha!

Seriously...you're story is so similar to mine (and many others here)
    Just keep doing what you're comfortable with.
    Learn what you can from those of us here that have made some mistakes.
    But most of all enjoy the freedom you experience of being out and about!

And then there's that Trek convention... Alluring may be the way to go?
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Hell on Heels; 03-28-2017 at 03:55 AM.
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

Way to go Mike. Those adventures outside the house are so invigorating. Don't lose the feeling! It does get easier with each outing. The more of us being "out", maybe society will accept us more.
    Lace and Smiles
    Lisa

Fantastic for you, well done. We all started somewhere, your story is much like mine. Next step, pumping gas (petrol) ! Seems to be the way we do it sometimes. Now that you've popped the cork there is no stopping you. Pretty soon you'll be strolling the malls. Have fun.

As others have said, you did great! Thanks for posting, it's fun hearing these experiences that many of us have shared.

Have a ball in SF!

No such thing as cowardly, we do what we can, when we can, how we can. Some would say what you did is braver than my first time out which was after a professional makeover with 2 friends. Divas in SF rocks!!!
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec