Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: being a bride

being a bride

I have contacted a few bridal shops in my area in hope of getting a fitting for a wedding dress. For some reason this has become very important for me in the last few weeks.I think it will be awesome to step into a beautiful wedding dress. I think it would be so feminine and one thing I could cross off the bucket list. I hope one shop will give me the chance to be a pretty bride.

Huggs Kim

Please don't just go for a fitting just to cross it off your bucket list. If you're going to get a fitting and then buying the dress, then by all means. But if you're just trying on for the fun of it, please don't!

I have had at least 6 fittings. I sent emails being perfectly honest, making sure they understood who I was and that I was not in a position to purchase anything. Many welcomed me in and I can tell you, I had the time of my life each and every time. Your best bet is to contact a national franchise as the sales associates are not on commission and should be more than willing work with you. If you are lucky (I was), a local boutique may extend you an invitation, but be completely honest about yourself and your intentions to purchase.

You can even just walk into a boutique, just to look. Explain how you have always dreamed of being a bride and, if they are not busy, they may offer you the opportunity to try a few on. I've done this successfully as well.
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Nothing wrong with a bit of fun. I have two wedding dresses. I have never felt like a bride when in them but they are fantastic to wear.
    Last edited by Georgina; 03-14-2017 at 05:55 PM. Reason: grammar

Guy wearing dresses
    Never been to a fitting, but I have ordered three different wedding dresses off ebay (I sold one that didn't fit back on ebay).
    Nothing, like putting one of those on for a little indulgent fantasy from time to time.

Platinum Member
    Hi Kimberly, Getting a Wedding Gown is still on my bucket list......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Rhonda, I would like a fitting and maybe buy a dress if it is a reasonable price. If a shop just allows me to try on dresses I will. Just say yes to the dress!!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I've got at least one I haven't tried on yet. Maybe a June wedding picto story for Sherry?

And, Kim? If u don't plan to buy? Please warn the boutique ahead of time. Otherwise things could get UGLY!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Aspiring Member
    If you're just looking to wear one for fun, try a second-hand store first, or buy online (which is risky). If you're looking to get married in a gown, I have mad respect for that - and you.

Doing a proper shoot in a wedding gown (with a hoop skirt) is quite low on my bucket list. It's almost the perfect excuse to try to be glamorous.

On my part, marriage is an extremely remote thought, much less as a bride. And even if I am, I want to wear a reasonably short, tight dress - it's near-impossible to manoeuvre in a church like mine wearing a hoop skirt or a train, and I think I look better wearing that kind of dress: https://www.jjshouse.com/Sheath-Colu...6021192-g21192
    Last edited by Lily Catherine; 03-14-2017 at 09:09 PM.

Silver Member
    Facebook has a lot of ads for wedding dresses and formals.

It is an experience. Hope you tip well.

As others have mentioned being up front and honest often opens doors and you can be surprised at some of the positive reactions.

Years ago when buying for mock weddings I spent hours talking to staff and trying on their wares.

It was good fun and finding a suitable dress among the cast offs and out of style lines got confusing.

As a result at one time I had a shed full of dresses.

About fifty, they do take up a lot of room.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Silver Member
    Kimberly, if you do not buy one, be prepared to gift the SA or SAs in an appropriate way. Forum sisters may have such suggestions.

I'd be way too nervous to do something like that so props to you for being able to do this. I got mine online, and yes it's a gamble. Mine came too tight in the shoulders, but luckilly I got a friend that's willing to alter dresses for me if I need them!

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    I have to agree with Rhonda, I've been in sales all of my life and even though the sales staff may be accommodating, unless its the store owner , its really not fair to a business owner to use their store to check something off of a 'bucket list'.
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

I called the Bridal store and was up front that I was not having a wedding. I told them I was a crossdresser looking for a gown fitting an bridal experience. Two shops said no problem. They are owners.

This is a dream of mine. To be fitted and buy a wedding gown and brides maid gown.
    Amanda

Hmmmm. My wife wants us to renew vows (37 years of marriage so far. About half of that is after I came out and she accepted it as part of who I am). Maybe I'll mention that I should go as the bride. Not holding my breath though. I don't think that's what she had in mind

Lauren

Aspiring Member
    Lilyy137 - right with you. Beautiful gown. Excellent selection.

I have this gown in light blue and it feels wonderful. http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_...15612-19632--1 Picked it up at a thrift store for $8. I could easier have one in every color...

i love bridal dresses its one of my favourite
    but i never loved the women and men marriage
    instead i love lesbian marriage chic-samesex-wedding-61.jpg
    like this picture
    i always wanted this kind of marriage if possible for me and if i ever want getting married

I did very desperately want a wedding dress, and the whole trousseau, given that I would never get married because I am transgender, and got the brave enough to go to a local small wedding shop. Went through the whole process of getting measured and buying the dress and furnishings. But, what happened was I got to be friendly with the owner and one of the saleswomen. The owner thought I brought her good luck, and I would drop in just to visit and she seemed very happy about that (also handy for buying further things I wanted), and the saleswoman and I became quite friendly outside the shop. I lucked out, and it was a life experience that I'm glad that I made.

For us tall/round girls, one of the areas we have are sleeves. Getting a proper fitting will soon tell you that a sleeve-less gown is the way to go if you don't mind large arms showing.
    I have a "Second Marriage" egg-shell white gown with 3/4 length sleeves. I can just barely get my big arms in, but I can. Have to do the String/safety pin trick to zip it up and/or down.
    "First marriage" gowns are typically pure white.

Any of you tried on oriental wedding gowns?
    Last edited by Leslie Mary S; 03-18-2017 at 10:32 PM.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Mary S View Post
    Any of you tried on oriental wedding gowns?
    As a groom, and as a tourist in China, when I was 17. Definitely not attire for a beach wedding, but it's a nice traditional alternative to the highly westernised wedding attire. I don't think I'll marry in that kind of garment - I'm much too anglicised socially anyway.

(Photo is obviously not me.)

Attachment 274440
    Source: http://cdn.viralitytoday.com/posts/6n2pp/c5o3Oq53.jpg
    Last edited by Lily Catherine; 03-19-2017 at 11:57 PM.

Aspiring Member
    I have never had the desire to wear a wedding gown.
    The nearest thing was a ballgown.
    I once helped a girlfriend to make a full ballgown, and because her dresses usually fit me, I was her mannequin while she stitched it.
    After she had worn it to a formal dinner/dance, she couldn't possibly wear it again, so I was allowed to wear it from time to time.

I have tried on gowns twice. What a great experience. I felt so pretty!

Jennifer

I went to a bridal shop today and tried on wedding dresses and formal gowns. the owners a married couple were awesome and had no problems with me trying on the dresses even if I wasnt going to buy one. they said women come in all the time just to try on. It was a wonderful experience. I did purchase a formal gown, spent about an hour there and tried on about ten dresses. Loved every minute.

Huggs Kim