Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: why do you crossdresser

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    Nina,
    Where do we start ?
    I guess for me, being the youngest, I was fascinated by all of the activity watching my sisters grow up. And, I always questioned why I had to align myself with only the boy activity. All of the beauty, makeup, lace, jewelry and color. The allure of the contour of the feminine forms that my brothers snickered about when they perused a clandestine Playboy. Why observe and only desire to touch.

I'll just become and be with the woman of my own desire on my own terms.

Quote Originally Posted by BLACK STOCKINGS View Post
    Cause I can....
    Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    Nina,
    Where do we start ?
    I guess for me, being the youngest, I was fascinated by all of the activity watching my sisters grow up. And, I always questioned why I had to align myself with only the boy activity. All of the beauty, makeup, lace, jewelry and color. The allure of the contour of the feminine forms that my brothers snickered about when they perused a clandestine Playboy. Why observe and only desire to touch.

I'll just become and be with the woman of my own desire on my own terms.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 03-17-2017 at 10:46 PM. Reason: merged
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Quote Originally Posted by StephanieM View Post
    For me I am a hybrid, I'm part man and part woman. When I'm dressed I feel like I am expressing the woman inside me. Other times I feel like the man I was born as.
    i believe we are the same in this thing at least
    i also feel 2 gender inside me and both are equally strong
    and between us i believe being both gender is the most strongest type of human kind
    at least for me its like this i can see what others can not i can see inside the people just by talking or looking or reading what they have written
    and there are other things
    but i am happy to see some one like my self
    i hope we get along as best friends

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

@susancheerleader

agree men clothing is really limited and in formal clothing its all the same

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly DeWinter View Post
    I've pondered this question for many years and i'm no closer to answering this then i was at the start.
    this is the best answer i have heard so far and i believe you find your self soon
    keep up the good work Kelly
    a35762148cf3938147104bd6117895fb_to-summer-ice-world-thumbs-up-emoji-clipart_512-430.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Wen4cd View Post
    That's a cool first post, Nina Dragonborn!

Hope you and your other half have a happy union and a prosperous life together.
    thanks i believe she is as strong as male counter part and as smart as he is
    i also wish the same for you

i hope i am not hurting any one by answering them personally
    i love understanding and helping the others i believe helping others is one of the most noblest thing in the this world
    if any one do not like me saying anything to them just tell me
    and ask me if you want to know this little creature knows things and will be happy to help you
    just stay strong and never gave up
    Last edited by Lorileah; 03-17-2017 at 10:47 PM.

I had no choice. I began dressing at a very young age. From the moment I put my first pair of panties and stockings on, it felt so good and seemed like the natural way to dress...as have everything else I wear as I've progressed. I've dressed underneath for years, sometimes even on dates. I told my wife before we married, thinking she'd leave. She didn't and is totally supportive. We've spent a lot of time looking for a reasonable answer to "why", but, so far, we've not seen any applicable explanation. Telling her was the scariest, but best thing I ever did. Most women resent secrecy and dishonesty as we see in many threads. I'm straight and have no desire to be a woman...just enjoy looking like one.

This is exactly how I feel. When I crossdressing I feel like I have the freedom to choose what I wear. When I wear men's clothes I only get to choose the color of what I'm wearing. This combined with the fact that women's clothes also feel softer because they aren't made of canvas or heavy denim, and I'd dress every day if I could

At about 5-6 and then again in my teens then in 30's and finally discovered what it was at 65! Why? No one knows for sure! It is just a part of me! The female known as Lana Mae! My feminine side! As to why, I do not care! I just know she is there! Best wishes dweller in Skyrim! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

To be honest i have no real idea. I guess i tried it once when i was very young and i liked it and never grew out of it. all i ever seeked to do is to just accept this is a thing i do and how i can integrate it into my life.

Four years ago, I accepted to myself that I was a crossdresser. This was after 45 years of knowing inside that I was, ough I really didn't know what it meant to me.

So after coming out to myself and my wife that I want d to wear women's clothes, I've been on a journey of self discovery. What I thought was a desire to wear pretty things is really much more than that. I've learned that my personality is much more of a woman than I ever understood and I've accepted and embraced that this is who I am. Don't get me wrong, I love wearing women's things, but for me this is about something much greater than the clothes I wear

Been trying to answer that question my whole life, I just know that I really enjoy being dressed.

Platinum Member
    Hi Nina, For me, It is just who I am & it's just what I do,

I have been in this program for 70 of my 74 years now......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Does it matter? No. Good enough for me.

I quit thinking about it long ago. It's kind of how I feel about cooking. I do it because I can. On some days I feel like working around the house so I put on appropriate clothing and tackle the project. On others, my wife and I call ithe feeling domestic, I want to cook something special for her. If the kid isn't home I put on something appropriate and get busy. Any gender reference implied by the word appropriate is on you, the reader, by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly DeWinter View Post
    I've pondered this question for many years and i'm no closer to answering this then i was at the start.
    Same here...I've no idea.
    "It is so easy to exist, instead of live. Unless you know there is a clock ticking."
    --Anna Quindlen, writer, journalist, columnist

Why I crossdress is an answer that will NEVER become obtainable. All I know is that I have been doing this all my life, dressing as a woman fulfills something deep inside me. Maybe it's because there is a hormone imbalance, maybe it's because there is a gene mutation or just maybe it's because I like to be dressed in soft, silky fabric that feels good against my skin. Or maybe it's because my female side is stronger then my male side (I actually HATE my male side). Whatever the reason, this is me. I have accepted this fact and have even told my therapist how I feel. I hope my marriage can withstand the obvious and and unintentional pressure that my dressing can cause.

Mollyanne
    "To thine own self be true"

Not sure, maybe it's just that I like to look pretty once in a while and this satisfies that desire

I've boiled it down [lol] to 4 different reasons that interact, of course, but each one has its own dynamic:
    1. Clothes are the primary symbol for our gender identity- so it is my badge saying I am feminine/deserve access to the good things assigned to women in our culture-2. Feminine sexuality -symbolized in clothing- related to number 1 but having its own cycle and some of us may not feel the sexuality part- more focused on other elements of feminine culture
    3. Sensual pleasure- what a wonderful set of options and experiences- not rough and tough
    4. Fashion options- color cut style etc not DRAB!!
    We are all beautiful...!

Aspiring Member
    Really good and deep question. We all ask this.

Primary for me, I think, is brain wiring. I am as much F as M. I also think early schooling and family life had some impact. ALL our early teachers were women. ALL of them preferred the "good, nice, well behaved" little girls to the boys. There was strong bias. My father was a workaholic and mostly gone, so I received very little male direction when young. Junior High is when my dysphoria really hit hard: want to be a girl, and admired so much the girls and their beautiful clothes. They just seemed happier also.

Here in my early sixties, I think perhaps there is a past-life continuity going on also. Hard to say on that one.

Sensuality to be sure, especially nylon hosiery. I love the tactile feel on my skin.

First time I had a full professional makeover, the mirror image just stunned me: something deep inside was awakened.

So yeah, there you go. And it is dang fun also!

Aspiring Member
    Why do I crossdress?
    Because it makes me happy.

Why does crossdressing make me happy?
    My brain is hardwired to release feel good neurotransmitters (serotonin, oxytocin, dopamine) when I crossdress, and these neurotransmitters make me happy.

Why is my brain hardwired this way?
    I suppose it has to to with synaptogenesis in the first three years of my life. Yes, I've enjoyed crossdressing for as long as I can remember. Your brain makes neural pathways that either get reinforced with learning, or they get pruned when they are considered useless.

Most men's brains never get such neural pathways. Why did mine do so?
    I suppose it has something to do with the fact that I grew up thinking that parents loved girls more than boys, or that girls got more privileges in life than boys. I just thought that girls were the lucky ones.

Can I just turn it off?
    No, I can't stop my brain from releasing these neurotransmitters. It is an automatic and involuntary response.
    Last edited by Confucius; 03-18-2017 at 08:49 PM. Reason: added another sentence.

Silver Member
    I do it because I was born to do it. Its much more than CDing, knowing all along that I was truly TG, but didn't know there was such a definition that fit me, so many years ago.

It's mostly the feel of silky fabrics.

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    I like it

I asked myself the same question for years. What is wrong with me! I'd dress, really love how I felt and looked for a couple of hours, and then quickly undress, ashamed of myself as if I'd committed a mortal sin. I repeated this cycle on a weekly, maybe monthly basis from the time I was four. I recently decided to join this forum though, and no longer feel ANY guilt or negativity about my inner female! There's nothing wrong with you or any of us. While we all seem to be fairly unique in our reasons for dressing, or how open or "out" we are with our other selves, it's who we are, and I love just owning it! Thanks to all of the ladies on this forum, I now feel that way and hope you can find the same comfort of knowing that you're not screwed up in the head!

I cross dress because I like looking like a beautiful woman.

For me, there are several reasons. The obvious ones like I love the feel and occasional sexual arousal. Then there are the more complex reasons. The main one is it just feels right. There are times that I feel I was born in the wrong body and dressing allows me to match my feelings and my appearance.
    I've been through the usual cycles. I've been married and divorced (CDing wasn't the reason for the divorce). Been caught a few times. Felt the shame, heard the jokes. But ive reached that point in my life where I got to be me. I'm still not to the point where I go out dressed, but it will happen.
    So, I guess the short answer is, because it's who I am and I'm OK with that.

Why you ask? Because I'm feminine. I don't have part this or part that. I'm feminine, so that makes me like a woman in many ways, I relate to women in many ways, but I do not identify as one. Dressing in feminine clothing is comfortable, relaxing. I really try to keep it all as simple as possible.

I've crossdressed off and on since 8-9. I did have a childhood friend who like to dress me. But this was after I had discovered my interest in dressing. I had a few female friends be supportive of it in my teens and 20s and even a few gfs.
    It has just always made me feel feminine, sexy, sensual and calm. It is very often sexual for me but I do sometimes just find myself dressed and relaxing with a glass of wine and a book.
    I have yet to find s relationship that I can be totally open about dressing, and go through purging my stash a few times a year. I do find the purge embarrassing and expensive as I realize just a month or two later that I need a new wardrobe... or at least a sexy new garter belt and hose.

Well I have thought about that and I just love to wear nice pretty female cloths, love stocking and high heels and dresses, i often wonder why women can wear a suit and trousers and no one looks twice but if i went out dressed in a lovely dress, pretty undies that no one could see, stockings and high heels, felt and looked amazing but no changes to my face or hair, why should people look twice and make comments, men hundres of years aog wore dresses and heeled shoes why did it change.