Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Eye Glasses?

I have often thought about getting a pair of feminine glasses. I have never even thought about contacts. I have enough trouble putting in eye drops. Contact would be a nightmare. plus with astigmatism contacts could be a problem. I have to look at Zenni for ideas. Maybe once I see the eye dr again and may get a different prescription I may look into it. With free glasses from the VA I should see if they have a more neutral sex pair.

Kymmie
    Just your average harley riding crossdressing biker

Why be normal??????

I couldn't stand glasses and had a minor astigmatism problem so I got lasik and it was totally worth it! That said I might still need reading glasses as I get older but it's nice to be able to see beyond a couple of feet

I love wearing my woman's eye glasses. I have a beautful pair of reading glasses I found at a Goood Will
    for five dolllars, which I use mostly at home. I also have some uni sex pairs I use when out. I notice
    all the time how woman on TV especially news casters use them as a fashion satement. They are such a nice touch to your appearance.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    The last frames I got in guy mode were actually womens both the assistant and I thought they looked right on my face.
    I have two other pairs and they are womens.

I went to my local eye glass store in male mode with a female friend that knows I dress, got my eyes tested then looked for 3 pairs of frames one for reading, one for long distance and another for prescription sun glasses, when I had found what I liked I gave them to the female SA who didn't batter an eyelid, I explained which pair was for reading and which was for distance and was told they would be ready in about 7 days.
    They were ready a bit quicker that 7 days so I went to pick them up, the girl checked the fitting, adjusted them as needed then handed them over to me and wished me a good day.
    I could not ask for a better experience than that.
    If you want female glasses just go into an eye wear store and do it, there is nothing to be scared of.
    Sophie Mosley

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    FWIW...

Today I went to the local Walmart vision center for an eye exam and new glasses
    I was pleasantly surprised .

The exam was very thorough.

Also,, their prices were comparatively quite low
    I picked out a (metal) frame that was $58,... the same frame a local optometrist wanted over $250 for!
    They are basically unisex... much like my old ones .

There was no hard sell on anything.

Overall, it was much better than I thought it would be.
    After all, it's Walmart LOL
    Last edited by Barbara Jo; 03-23-2017 at 10:00 PM.

Has anyone suggested buying reading glasses from the dollar store? Or elsewhere.

Also, I buy my glasses at eyebuydirect .com

I wear contacts but need reading glasses so I have a cute pair on my purse. I also love sunglasses and have a few pair of really fem ones.

Lauren

Quote Originally Posted by LaurenCD View Post
    Anyone have experience with this?
    Hi Lauren,

A little late to the thread. I've had a couple of very great experiences with getting glasses. The first was simply telling the woman at the shop that I crossdressed and was looking for a pair of glasses that I could wear in either mode. These are my go to glasses every day now. The second pair I bought in fem at Warby Parker in San Francisco. I have to tell you the experience was absolutely amazing. I had them shipped to me here in Boston, and ended up having them adjusted at the store, while in boy mode. Funny thing was after I "signed in" to see the technician, I sat and suddenly realized "Joanna.... Joanna.... Joanna Chase"...... OMG. I jumped up and said out loud... "That's me".....

He didn't bat an eyelash.

These are now my second pair of go-to glasses for work and weekend..... my wife loves them too.

Joanna

I went to VisionWorks (brick and mortar) in male mode. They were having a buy one get one free sale. The SAs were busy the day I went in, so I had plenty of time to check out both the men's and the women's side. I found a gray wire rimmed pair on the men's side and a rose (pink) wire rimmed pair on the women's side. I brought them both up to the SA when she was free. She kept telling me that the pink ones were women's frames and I kept telling her that I liked them. I wear glasses full time because I use progressive (lineless bifocal) glasses. I decided to get lenses made for the gray pair and to have them hold making the pink pair until I was sure the prescription worked. Progressive glasses are tricky. I had to get the lenses on the gray pair re-done because I was getting a lot of distortion, but the second pair worked fine. When I asked the SA to have the lenses made for the pink frame, she apologized to me for getting the glasses mixed up. I said nope, the pink frame was the one I picked out. I stubbornly stuck to my choice until she agreed to make up the lenses for the pink frame. I never even implied or admitted that I was getting them for my girl side, and I just love them. The worst problem is that when I wear them en femme, no one even notices that they are pink. I'm thinking that I'll need to get cat eye frames before my glasses look femme enough

So, go for it.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Thanks Steffi. I've had problems as well regarding prescriptions "working" and some of these places have terrible lens grinders. The peripheral vision comes out all blurry. There's a place I go to for boy glasses in Alexandria because they did a great job and there were near work. Unfortunately, they're no longer convenient.

My current prescription is just fine but law requires that I get a new one because it is more than 2 years old. That's always a gamble these days.

I like your approach. You don't have to explain anything to them. Instead they should be happy for a sale.

Lauren
    Lauren Nicole DeHart
    Call me Nikki

A pic with pink wire-frame girl glasses

Here's a picture of me with my girl glasses:

Steffi with red hair and glasses.jpg
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I have bought femme glasses on the internet. I had trouble matching the frame size with my every day glasses in styles I liked. You have to deal with lens size, bow size, bridge size. Your width is 2x(lens width) + (bridge width) The bow size is printed on your everyday frames and the width might also be. I seem to have too wide a head to get really cute glasses. You also need pupillary distance if you order bifocals. I had the optomitrist measure that and write it on my script. I didn't get a good deal eithr. Polycarbonate lenses and lineless bifocals are expensive.

Greetings!

I wanted everyone to know what I finally decided to do.

I went to the optometrist for an exam and to get a prescription for eye glasses. We talked about contact lenses and the doctor informed me that they have come a long way since I wore them 25 or 30 years ago. If fact, she told me, they now have multi-focal contacts which eliminate the need for reading glasses (I wear bifocals).

I said "sign me up"!

So, I've gone back to wearing contact lenses! They are very comfortable and meet my needs wonderfully. A nice part of the story is that my guy glasses still work just fine so a bit of a savings there.

I still plan on getting a pair of femme eye glasses as a backup but that can wait a little while.

So, thank you all for you advice, recommendations, photos, and stories.

Lauren
    Lauren Nicole DeHart
    Call me Nikki

Aspiring Member
    I have all along been wearing my daily glasses, which I assume are on the masculine side. They don't look too bad, even though one was intentionally chosen so it wouldn't interfere with my made-up eyes.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    I had lasik and highly recommend it but, I need readers occasionally. I have a collection of cheap ones in different styles from the pharmacy. Many are low power and just for the look with an outfit.

HEY! Eyes up here!

3870p.JPG
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

i think glasses on a girl is very sexy.
    i don't really need them but i do enjoy
    wearing them.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    paula

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    These are my pair I bought a few months back, I do go out an about not wearing mine even though I need them.
    I like these for the feminine style but always felt I look better without
    Attached Images Attached Images

That makes sense Carla.

Love the, ummmm, blouse!

The glasses are nice too.

Lauren

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Leigh, as Paula said there is a sexiness, or, as I think of it, a sort of mysticism associated with a woman in eye wear (not sunglasses).

Those frames fit your face nicely and the color is perfect for your hair and complexion. I don't think it's a question of looking better without. You look great either way. It' all in how you feel like presenting.

Lauren
    Lauren Nicole DeHart
    Call me Nikki