Thread: Face in the mirror

Face in the mirror

Often if I dress for long periods of time (think hours) and then look in the mirror, the face looking back at me seems to be the wrong face. I only dress at home and don't have a wig and don't use makeup, so the face is definitely mine, but it feels wrong - as if it's not my face. And it takes me by surprise - I experience a brief but genuine shock.

Does anyone else have the same experience or am losing it?

Susan

If only dreams came true. susancheerleader's Avatar
    Honestly.
    When I dress up. I -WANT- to pass. And unless I look into mirror, I FEEL I pass.
    But 1) in public there is no way I can pass. There isn't enough makeup in the world to help a 6 foot 220 guy pass.
    So then. Back to private dressing. I feel so good when I dress. But the moment I look st myself in a mirror... confidence gone and I feel stupid. And like a man in a dress. Not feminine at all.

Ah-May-Lee
    I don't see anything when I look in a mirror cause I'm a vampire.

It does surprise me as well. I always think I look like Debbie Harry, so much so that when I look in the mirror I want to run away.
    In solitude where we are least alone. Byron

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    No. I figured THAT issue out years ago.

When I don't like the face in the mirror? It takes just 10 seconds to change it!

11.5-IMG_3647 (2) (640x573).jpg
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Platinum Member
    Reminds me of the song:

Waits at the window,
    Wearing a face
    That she keeps
    In a jar
    By the door,
    Who is it for?
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 03-17-2017 at 10:25 AM. Reason: no need to quote the previous post

Get yourself a hairpiece and then look at the changing face in the mirror.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Hi Susan, Some of us when we dress (and are compelled to do so from deep inside) for all intents, we become the girl inside, mentally and physically.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    Reminds me of the song:

Waits at the window,
    Wearing a face
    That she keeps
    In a jar
    By the door,
    Who is it for?
    Nonsense! What did the Beatles know about CDing anyway?

I keep mine on a shelf near the bathroom mirror!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by susancheerleader View Post
    There isn't enough makeup in the world to help a 6 foot 220 guy pass.
    As a 6' 1", 218 lb guy, I beg to differ, but each of us is different.
    It does take a fair bit of makeup, and judicious choice of clothes to make my broad shoulders less obvious, but I can do it.
    I have 4 wigs. One of them is really good and I can make it look really natural, which helps. The other wigs range from "passable" to "obvious wig on close inspection".

I just wish I had more opportunity to get out there wearing it all.

You are not losing your mind! I got short glimpses of Lana Mae and had no wig nor make up at the time! Yes, it was kind of weird! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Susan,

You should buy yourself a wig and some makeup and give it a try, you will be amazed at the difference it makes. Have a look at Paula Young online, or visit a store that sells wigs and pick something that is close to your natural haircolor and a medium length. You can get a wig that will do just fine for less than $50.
    Even a little makeup will make a big difference too. No need to invest in high end stuff, just get a few reasonably priced things and play a little. Some mascara, a medium to dark eye shadow, an eye liner and a lipstick and you will defenitely see a difference. Can all be had for $25 to start with.
    If you have not tried a wig and makeup before, I guarantee it will surprise you how much of a difference it makes.
    Watch some basic youtube videos and dont worry about doing it right or wrong, just play and have fun with it.

Buy a small pack of makeup remover wipes as well. Dont use soap and water, it will not get it all off and it is tough on the eyes.

Most of us are not passable even with the most expensive wig and makeup, but it will change your look so much that the casual look in the mirror will show you a glimpse of the girl, instead of what you feel you see now.

- Suzie

I don't feel complete unless I have a wig and makeup on, you should give it a try!

I was recently playing with some make-up application just so i could see how it would look on me. The application also had some wigs to try so i tried and got this result: https://k3.okccdn.com/php/load_okc_i...16348.webp?v=2

So i was interested in your opinions if i should continue pursuing crossdressing? I always felt like a bubbly girl/woman on the inside. Grace & Love to all! ^_^

Pirate Queen wannabe Maria Blackwood's Avatar
    I don't look in the mirror much. Not a big fan of that guy.

I have recurring dreams when I look into a mirror I see Myself as a woman. 2 to 3 times a week

Pirate Queen wannabe Maria Blackwood's Avatar
    I've had that one a few times. I always look the same, too. Long black hair, green eyes and really pretty. It's always some place fancy and mirror is a hallway decoration or mirrored panels of some sort. I wish I could have it few time a week. I'm jealous.

You're not losing it (that's my job)

I look in that mirror and see a ripped male thing!

So I only use the mirror for my make-up!

Beauty is on the inside Susie!

Don't lose it!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Banned Read only
    Susan,
    It only happens when I do makeup and wig as well, then it's Teresa looking back at me.

Thanks to everybody who said kind things. My relationship is mostly DADT with a little, mostly alcohol fuelled, acceptance from time to time. I posted on another thread that, for us, DADT mostly means 'don't rub my nose in it' - wig and make up might be pushing too hard. In time, who knows... Susan

Susan, I hope that one day you get the opportunity to see yourself in the mirror with proper makeup and a wig, it is an amazing life changing event. Perhaps you could arrange to have a professional makeover and see your true self that way?
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Aspiring Member natalie edwards's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Richelle423 View Post
    I have recurring dreams when I look into a mirror I see Myself as a woman. 2 to 3 times a week
    I used to have that dream as a young child. I was probably about 4 or 5 years old and I still remember them. At the time I had no idea what it meant.

The first time a viewed myself wearing a wig, I was very surprised to see that I looked like my mother. Sometimes I seem to look like one of my sisters too!

Silver Member
    "There isn't enough makeup in the world to help a 6 foot 220 guy pass"

Even more true for me, as I have a few stone on you. So I don't even try to pass. Thanks to the help of some expert SA'S (who I now count as friends), I select my girl clothes very carefully to work with my shape, and out I go. I am a guy in a dress, but one who really knows how to put together an appropriate and tasteful outfit.

nightingale, your a honey well done girl... be safe...karrin

When I look in the mirror I can not help but notice the changes that time and age have brought. But i accept this and still get the same satisfaction of seeing myself completely dressed with make up. As long as that satisfaction remains I will continue. If it goes away, then Alice will go away.