Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cogiati

Cogiati

A friend of mine directed me to this site and to the test. I decided to take it and was told I had a high degree of gender dysphoria; I was classified as transsexual. I am wondering if any of you have taken this test and/or know how reliable it is. I was not surprised about the dyshoria.

Ali

Didn't see a link in your post, but when I googled Cogiati, the top hit was pointing to a page on Transsexual.org. The page said this in its introduction

The COGIATI, or COmbined Gender Identity And Transsexuality Inventory is my attempt to fill a void which needs to be filled. There is a need for some sort of test which could be of assistance to the pre-operative, questioning person who is attempting to decide what they want to do about their gender issues.
    which makes it sound like it was created by a lay person, so I wouldn't put a lot of faith in it. And since it classified you as transsexual (assuming you took the one I'm looking at) while being hosted on a site with a transsexual focus, I'd be a little leery of it -- too on the nose, as we say. But what I would say is that if the result resonates with you then it's probably a great indication that you should explore the topic more deeply. See a therapist.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Found this link which is a review- but not the test-
    http://www.tsroadmap.com/mental/cogiati.html
    and points to a spoof test as well, the DIANATI, which reminds me of the mythological ILLUMINATI, that might be fun to take- but its existence supports Pat's point that making a valid test is a larger task. This one is aimed at a simplified scale from 'definite male' to 'classic transsexual'- and has limited options in between, so the spoof is a way to put that in perspective-

Here's another spoof from a different site - which shows the difficulty of determining one's gender properly! [I'm in a lighthearted mood here- and this is not to diss the frequent desire many of us have to classify and be classified! ]
    https://bigclosetr.us/topshelf/blog/25992/c
    THE NORTH DAKOTA WELLNESS AND BETTERMENT INSTITUTE
    MONOPHASIC GENDER IDENTITY SPECTRUM PLACEMENT TEST.
    by Lucien D. Skye Phd

This test has been formulated by a team of experts employing the most up to date methodology and rock solid empirical guesswork to determine once and for all if the inner you is a red-blooded real man, a natural woman, or what the heck. Take as long as you like. Answers will be posted next week.
    1.) A CO-WORKER COMES TO YOU UPSET, WANTING TO TALK ABOUT HER LATEST CONFLICT WITH HER MEAN AND UNREASONABLE SUPERVISOR. AS SHE SPEAKS, YOU:
    {.A} Offer various possible solutions to her problem, such as transferring to a different department.
    {.B} Listen, wishing you could do more to help her.
    {.C} Listen, knowing she just needs to get her feelings out.
    {.D} Pretend to listen while you stare creepily at her tits.
    2.) WHICH OF THESE OPTIONS BEST DESCRIBES YOU? I WOULD RATHER:
    {.A} Cut out paper dolls.
    {.B} Solve complicated mathematical problems.
    {.C} Go shopping for shoes at the mall.
    {.D} Blow up the World.
    Last edited by phili; 03-19-2017 at 09:45 AM.
    We are all beautiful...!

There's a TEST??? we have to take a test now? no one told me and I haven't studied!
    Oh...OK... I see, you scared me for a moment. I really agree with Pat/Jennie on this one. There are so many on-line test and quizzes and most do not have any real medial or scientific background to them. Take it with a grain of salt, but it could indicate something you may want to explore.
    When I am still and quiet, people who do not know me think, Oh how cute she's shy.
    People who do know me think, OMG RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Girls will be boys and boys will be girls It's a mixed up muddled up shook up world except for Lola

Banned Read only
    Ali,
    I haven't checked it out yet.
    Maybe you shouldn't take it as set in stone, leave that to face to face counselling , even then it depends how honest you are and what the therapist picks up on . One test isn't going to give anywhere near the full picture of such a complex subject .

I found it useful to write down my dressing history , how it started and how it progressed and my needs that associate with it, even take dreams as part of the story . I had long term dreams that closely go with the reality of what happened, they gave my gender counsellor a good insight into the male/ female conflict that I was going through. Once you've written it down it becomes more obvious where you are on the gender road, I found I stopped short of transition , I still had GD but now know I'm TG with AGP. The eventual outcome may be the same but might happen in slightly different circumstances.

That test has been around for a long time and should not be taken seriously. If you have real questions about your gender identity, you should consult with a mental health professional. You will need to do that anyway before hormone replacement or surgery.

If you're just looking for validation, hang around here for a while. Most of us know who and what we are. Many of us wouldn't even consider changing, even if we could. These attitudes are catching.

I agree with the other responses, probably not a great test.

I have a test too. Just a few questions:

1. Do you like to wear clothing that belongs to the opposite sex?
    2. Do you want to become a member of the opposite sex?

If you didn't choose 1 or 2, you are probably not part of the transgender(TG)/transsexual(TS) family.
    If you chose number 1 but not number 2, you are likely a crossdresser (TG to be clinical).
    If you chose number 2, number 1 is somewhat irrelevant - you likely want to transition (TS).

The trouble is this test has been around so long you can manipulate the answers to get the result we want.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    The author of this "test" is a comic book write, so set your expectations accordingly. Its about as reliable as your ability to leap tall buildings , stop speeding trains etc. I believe to ensure accuracy, you have to wear a red and blue speedo while taking the test.
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

I tried to answer the questions as honestly as possible. Some did not really indicate my true feelings, so picked the closest answer to my true feelings. I got 63% female. I know in my heart and mind I am way more than that. I have to agree with everyone who does not put much credence in these kinds of tests. I will continue to listen to my Psychologist and continue seeing her, and taking her advice. She truly understands how I feel and understands how much I want to be female and is helping me get started on hormones and beginning the first stages of transition.

Aspiring Member
    Hmm, a test? Really?

For myself, I know who I really am by looking within. I seek the truth, and have done so for almost a half century now.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Sounds like one of those uber scientific tests you find on facebook.
    I wouldn't pay it much attention.

I took the Cogiati test and got a 105 classification three. Androgynous. So it can be pretty accurate.
    Part Time Girl

Aspiring Member
    I got -110 classification THREE, ANDROGYNE.
    That's probably not a an unreasonable statement, even if it isn't totally scientific.

I don't need a test for sure...I know
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

I have done the test and found it quite accurate, of course it should not be taken too seriously but it is a lot better than the Facebook fun tests that float around from time to time. I scored around 70% female, which i felt was in the ballpark.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

I heard about this test back in 2015. I took it at different times but both came back as type 3 Androgyne. Story of my life, always in the middle. I am great on math/science/spatial things. Not good on emotion/name/face/sounds/voices stuff.

There is a precaution that Post MtF shouldn't take it. It is obvious that a lot of the questions lead to stereotypes for female.

Never figure it is a good test of real life TS, as we don't fit into neat little holes.
    My mother never fit into those neat little holes either, Tomboy when young, not a girly-girl type, but bore 4 children. And she did not push us into typical gender roles, more the opposite.
    I so fit into my mothers patterns now, probably spent way to much time around her when young.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Why is everyone posting on this thread so testy!?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Pirate Queen wannabe Maria Blackwood's Avatar
    I think i spelled it wrong. Corgiati.

image.jpg

You and me both Georgette (type 3 Androgyne). Pretty sure that we answered at least some of the questions differently, though the math/science and touchy/feely stuff probably lines up well. That alone calls into question the validity of the test, but even as I was taking it, I was getting the impression that the thing was all about boxes and assumptions. Whatever.

Hadn't ever heard of this test before, but it sounded interesting, and I had some time to kill.
    I'm more confused now then I was before I took it.
    My score was 15, classification THREE, ANDROGYNE
    Guess I'm just on the gender teeter totter of life. Going either fully male, or fully female, could be detrimental to my mental health?
    The test, although lacking scientific validity, actually confirmed what I've thought for awhile about myself.

-Geena
    I am a work of art! I just wish that my artistic skill set was closer to Norman Rockwell than it is to Salvador Dali!

There is also SAGE test that is kind of same thing actualy. Idk how seriously we should take them but I figured not much. Since as person of logic I did find some questions weird and "out of picture". Like "if someone who you met only once call you on phone you know who is by voice is he dosnt say name". Like wth is that. Is someone you first only once in your life call then it doenst matter if your guy or girl to not rember who the hell is that! Or question about hug at work at meeting. The "guy's aswer" is "no that is inpropriete" and the "girl's answer" is that "yes that would be great". But I can tell that half of gg do not want hug ppl at their meetings. Anyway i was in one test androgynous and second femine male, kind of right I guess.
    Ash
    "Do not care what others think, do what you must" - Javik, ME3

Aspiring Member
    It said I was a straight woman. I may be a woman inside but certainly not interested in men.

147, I have 5hours till I go back into rehab,
    I'll take this with me and throw it around!
    See if my messed up friends are Dys believers!

Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Hell-o Ali,
    I soooo wanted to take the test!
    But my speedo is blue and red.
    Just my luck!
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!