Thread: Being THE Bride

Silver Member

Being THE Bride

The wedding gown post got me to thinking what it would be like to actually BE the bride in a wedding ceremony. I would love to do it!! It would be a blast! So let me ask:

!. Have you and your wife ever renewed your vows with you as a bride (role reversal, even)?

2. If not married, have you had a mock wedding with all the trimmings with you as the bride?

3. Or in either case with two brides?

4. If given the opportunity to do it, for fun, would you?

Photos?

I would love to pose for pictures in a wedding dress, with flowers all around and everything. I could go without the whole ceremony thing, but if my wife wanted to go all out I wouldn't complain either.

My SO and I are getting married the wrong way round (we're both trans but still in the closet publicly) for the sake of family and appearances. We do fully intend to do things the right way round, but it's a question of when. Still, I think I may be able to plan a little surprise just for us so we'll see how it goes.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    One of my characters got married in a picto story, Jenny. No ceremony but a BIG reception afterwards in which the bride was the lead singer and entertainer!

U MAY recognize my "maid of honor"?

36IMG_1132 (2) (584x640).jpg

43IMG_1229 (4) (623x640).jpg
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I have been a bride many times at mock weddings for charities and sporting clubs.

I used to organise them and when we could not find a suitable bride I stepped in, which was often.:-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I would love to do a photoshoot in my bridal gown and if I ever found somebody in my life, I'd love to get married in it!

Silver Member
    Why, its the lovely C !! And, you sing, too!!!
    U MAY recognize my "maid of honor"?

43IMG_1229 (4) (623x640).jpg[/QUOTE]

we did, in 2010, three weddings. First was family and friends 150 people, but a not strictdly legal officiant. Two days later, legal wedding with justice of the peace. Two weeks later, crossdress wedding as below, 30 friends who get it. Was perfectly lovely and yes we would do it again.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Aspiring Member
    I'd sign myself up as a bride for a mock wedding if the opportunity arose, though I would choose my gown myself.
    I won't eliminate the possibility of marrying as a wife just yet, although I don't intend to go overboard with the wedding either considering the amount of ceremony already accorded to us in church (if I can even receive the sacrament as a bride). In the most ideal situation I would renew my vows every day at home, be it in my pyjamas or my business suit. Marriage for me is a most unlikely event.

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    I don't quite think the wife is there yet, but I am hoping we can both be the bride someday when we renew vows. In our case, it would probably be a Vegas trip, just the two of us at a wedding chapel or something.

Would be lovely to renew our vows wearing a bridal gown

NO, because it is Her ( the REAL bride) day, NOT yours ( the REAL groom).
    Jon