Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: confirm my experience: increasing desire with age?

Aspiring Member

confirm my experience: increasing desire with age?

All,

Apologies if this question has been beat to death, I am new here.

And I am 62, and have been dressing since age 11 or so.

So, please confirm or comment or debate my experience: does the desire to dress truly increase with age and time?

If so, why is that?

Yes for me. Part might be retirement and more "me" time and focus especially with daughters launched and gone and wife working part time.
    There is a component of "carpe diem" also, the clock is ticking.

Other than more time and opportunity, for me there is still a component of increased gender expression interest.

Thoughts please? Thanks in advance!

For one. When I was working as an engineer at a big company. I never had time as I have now. So as we get older and semi retired we have more time to dress. In the long past it was mostly on weekends. But now it seems more important.
    Part Time Girl

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Yes it seems to have with me, age 56. I attribute mine more to accepting me for who I am, so not sure age is it other then maybe a bit wiser. Even that's debateable lol

Yes the desire does, or did increase with age. Partly because there was more time available. Partly beca use the kids had left home. Partly because, despite being retired there was more cash available, no mortgage, no other loans, no cost of commuting. But for me the main reason was that I stopped working about other people's opinions, and got on with more ME time.

Yes in my case. Into my 60s and definitely notice an increase.

Here are some ideas I have on why:

1. Care less about what others think.
    2. As we head toward retirement, constraints of the dress code of the workplace cease to exist.
    3. Retirement often is a mixed blessing. There can be stress related to not having work as a focus. Crossdressing is relaxing to many of us in stressful times.
    4. The clock is ticking, let's enjoy the time we have left.
    5. Testosterone levels can decrease as we age, mine certainly have.
    6. Empty nest for those of us who had children. This represents more opportunity.

My theory is that it is more life stage than just numerical age. When younger, it was just us and we started down this path. Then we fell in love and began a family and it took a backseat. Our needs were secondary to the family, but once they were moving out and needing us less, we tend to focus more on our desires and things we deprived ourselves us, along with clock ticking in the background. That age that this hits may vary from when you began family and the number of kids, as well as financial stability. We can see from other people giving their thoughts if this resonates with others.
    Hugs, Ellen

I don't​ think the desire is any more or less, but I agree with Sweetdreams, more time, less concern, more money, more opportunity.

Since I have been under employed my desires have increased 10 fold. I think it's because I have more time to think about it and also I have more time to dress the way I want to during the day. When I was working I had a lot more constraints on what I can do. I also think that at my age, 51, the clock IS ticking. There are only so many years left to do this and to look and feel good plus with a supportive spouse it makes it all the easier. I really love everything about crossdressing and relish even being about to wear a little eye makeup whenever I want.

For me, when I was 5, I wanted to work with aircraft for a job and like to dress pretty in my sisters clothes.
    I knew that I wouldn't be able to work with aircraft while dressed pretty.
    So I dressed (almost) normally, joined the military, worked on aircraft.
    After that, the pressures of having a family, needing money meant I had to still keep my dressing a secret.

While these things are still important, I do have other options for money and society has changed so much that it's not much of a threat to my future as I'm no longer on the career building path.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Certainly all the previous thoughts have a sway on the decision to increase activity.
    Social acceptance has changed a lot also.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

As time has progressed, the goal posts have moved. Those of us post 60 grew up in an era were being gay let alone a CD'er was taboo. There certainly wasn't the level of social acceptance, a more relaxed environment, that there is now.

I suspect that for those who are now in their late teens/early 20's, they're finding it that bit less daunting socially and they've always had the internet. I spent the greater part of 40 years, alone. No web forums, no information, no online shopping.

Hence I feel it's a number of factors. We're more connected and through that empowered. As we get older we become that little bit more self confident assisted by the fact that if we don't do this sooner rather that later, the grim reaper my scupper all our best laid plans. Also as time passes, we realise that this is something that's not going to go away. We're better practiced in the dark arts of makeup, we've acquired a wardrobe of clothes we like and that are ours. No items rescued from the charity bag and then, with wig on, forms in, all the padding and corsetry working it's magic, dressed in our fave dress and heels, we look in the mirror and say, "You know what, you scrub up pretty well so it would be a shame for the world to miss out on seeing it to"
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

I'm about 5 years older than the OP and I can't say I've noticed a change in my desire to dress. I've always had some ups and downs but overall I'd rate it pretty much even.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

In addition to what has already been said here I had a significant health scare fairly recently and I think that helped bring all of these other underlying reasons into sharper focus for me.

I don't know whether it was retirement or getting older, or both, but it certainly has for me. Being retired certainly give you more time to dress, and getting older means you just don't give a hoot what other people think.

yes and yes gina,retired, no mortgage boys have left but daughter is kewl with it. so enjoy be safe karrin

Gina, I can only relate my experiences! I only became totally aware of what was going on almost 2 years ago! The Lana in my name is a little girl in a short summer dress with frilly panties and black patent sandals! Preschool age! I wanted her clothes! Wore mom's panties when I could! Teenage-girdles, nylons and slips! Got married wife was absolute set against me wearing women's clothes! Wore some panties about 4 times and purged immediately! When wife passed away(son had already moved out), in about one month I was in panties again and this time they were mine! With the loss of responsibility to my wife and son and with only my adult daughter at home, had more time to dress. It has increased with age and time for me! (I am out to both son and daughter) Son says whatever makes dad happy! Daughter approves but does not want to see daddy in a dress! Now she is not working and dress time cut back to time in my room! She is going away this weekend and Lana Mae will be at home but I have to work the weekend also! But I have the nights! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I don't think age has anything to do with dressing or the frequency that you do it.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    The need has definately increased with me, especially in the last couple of years. I'm now 53, still with a mortgage to pay (but not much left) and STILL with the kids at home (one is 25 and shows no sign of wanting to go, the other is 29 and has just come back after splitting with his girldriend!). so less time and more desire. Age as they say is just a number, and I certainly don't feel 53. If I could I would probably dress (almost) every day, a dream for now.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Silver Member
    What the other elders said, plus the Pink Fog that turned into a pink flood for me.

It is not that the desire has increased as much as the opportunities have vastly increased. No longer do night call (Closet ED understands that), do not have to go to work so wear whatever whenever, my wife is accepting and understands, and so with older age comes some benefits. My definition of old age...the things that are supposed to get stiff, don't, and the things that don't, do. Sorry. I'll go back to my corner now.

It definitely has increased for me. I'll echo some similar comments in that kids are grown, less distraction, more opportunity, etc. But I'm learning that society is different too and I feel much less inhibited and I am emboldened to interact socially (my clock is ticking too) so I dress more often to practice technique. I'm also peaking in my career salary wise so I find that making those "impulse" purchases are less of a strain on the budget! Always with common sense though. My wife is the budget master and she drew the line at those rhinestone thong and pasties. Very impractical, she said, because I couldn't wear it outside the house.

Lauren

Gold Member
    When I was working, I had no spare time for dressing, except on an occasional weekend.
    Now 70 and retired, I have all the time in the world.
    It is like being let out of a Bag.
    Rader

Aspiring Member
    I also have experienced a great increase in desire. I went from dabbling in lingerie and clothes in storage that my wife never wore (and which fit badly) to dressing fully, head-to-toe: wig, breast forms, bra and panties, pantyhose, dresses, skirts, blouses, leggings, women's jeans, tops, shoes. The urge is there every single day, but the opportunities with part-time work, about 2-3 days per week. It's relentless, a non-stop pink fog. Sometimes I try to fight it to prevent it from becoming an obsession, but it's much easier to simply give into it.

Myself I have most of the day to dress, Kids are gone for the most part cept when the daughter brings over the baby then I am dressed till the afternoon.
    He ( the baby) give opa some strange looks once in a while but that is ok he has his right to voice his opinion though crying.
    Don't break the bank on clothes stay within reason and be sure to pick up after yourself so you don't leave things around. Still in a dadt relationship but thats ok.
    Having fun thats what life is.
    and Yes I am also retired.

Leann

Aspiring Member
    I don't think my desire has increased with age. But there are things that have increased:
    1) More disposable income to spend on clothes, wigs, shoes etc
    2) More confidence about buying women's clothes
    3) More confidence in doing makeup
    4) Knowing that I really enjoy being a CDer, and having no feelings of guilt.