Thread: Experimentation

Experimentation

I'm very fond of experimentation!
    I like the idea of mixing it up a little, trying different clothes out and changing my over all image.
    It's not that I'm not content with what I look like, but more an interest of how many ways I can look.
    Over your time of image control or appearance management, how often do you change your look or style or both?
    Or do you just settle for the one look that does the job for you?

Kate

I try to look the best I can and have pared tops with skirts and my style is different than my SO. But she helped me with a black pencil skirt and red heels. We went out and found a belt and top to got with that and a black lace Bolero to wear over the top. So on styles I would consider that an experiment to look far different and well put together. So yes it takes a lot to styles and how you want to look.
    Part Time Girl

I also love to experiment. I try the same outfit with different wigs and have tried looks from casual to bimbo to classy to sexy. As long as it is feminine, I'll try it.
    Hugs, Ellen

Sometimes I don't strike the right chord before going out and I will try four or five outfits before hitting the street.

Years ago before I was married my girlfriends would try many themes of dress and makeup to help get the desired effect.

Three or four hours of constant changing would be normal then, we all took part in those days. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Rite now, I'm trying to put together outfits for DLV next week. My 6th one. 5 days and nites of dressing. And, I try not to repeat any looks. And, I have to pack every single item for every outfit and haul it all to Vegas!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Since I lack a lot of confidence in my fashion sense (I like to say I need Garanimals for adults) I'm by nature not terribly experimental. I may change outfits a couple of times before going out but it is all done within a pretty narrow scope of possibilities.

I don't know if I would call it experimentation or mix and match! I mix and match skirts and tops. I like some dresses! I wear jeans and tops, too! Of course shoes vary with outfit! Some skirts are below the knee, some are at the knee, and some are above the knee! I just feel like me and choose what I like! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

I basically settle for what works best for me, and try to improve on that when I try something that works. So, with looks, pretty steady. With outfits, I do like to experiment and try different styles and looks.

Aspiring Member
    I have quite a wide variety of styles of clothes. I also have different colours and styles of wig, which can make a huge difference to appearance.
    However, if I'm planning to go out, I usually think about it quite early on, and settle on something to wear long before I actually do it. Then sometimes if my mind wanders to it during the day, I'll suddenly be thinking to myself something like "oh, I REALLY can't wait to put on my blue, Per Una dress, some navy tights and my black wedges."

Aspiring Member
    I'm in the wardrobe building phase. As time goes on I have more things to mix and match; so yes I do try to create different looks. I even tried one with a merino wool man's sweater from my male wardrobe, with pencil skirt and dark red scarf and it looked fairly smashing if I may say so myself!

I'm going shopping on Thursday. Called my fav store and they're putting aside a nice "little black dress" I saw on-line and fell in love with and there are a few other items I have my eyes on. By then I should have 6 dresses, a couple of skirts and lots of other stuff.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I'm happy to be me and whatever look I can get.
    I do experiment sometimes.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 03-21-2017 at 06:57 PM.

I used to think I had to sample everything on a Chinese buffet. Now I know what I like and go for just the few things I like most.
    I experimented with different looks, especially with makeup and wigs. I bought different colors, styles, lengths, textures of wigs that I thought I would like, but I was wrong most of the time. Now I know what I like and go for that look out of the few I like. No need for me to experiment any more.

Platinum Member
    I have a basic or core set of principles that I stick to....of course lots of outfits that go along with the core!

I can relate to how you feel Kitty. I love to experiment and try different looks. I have my iconic look but get a lot of enjoyment pushing some boundaries and trying something different at times.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

After a purge of my clothing (please, don't ever do it), I am purchasing the basics again, so I have a few basic purchases, but they all match and can be interchangeable.
    Experimentation for me is to see how many different looks I can achieve with minimal changes of clothing or accessories.
    Of course, sometime, I will want to purchase something extra special, which will require it's own accessories, so sensible buying will disappear for a while. I do actually look forward to a time like that.

I used to gravitate to the same look as time has gone on i am experimenting more and more and trying to think out of the box or closet
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

Aspiring Member
    I obviously like to mess around a good lot - I've bounced happily from one look to another. The only legitimate constants seem to be skinny jeans and short hair (although for photoshoots I favour dresses and have even worn a genuine ballet tutu).

Banned Read only
    Kate,
    That's the great thing about Cding we have the opportunity to change our image, depending how far we wish to take it we can be whatever we want to be.

I do keep to the basic principle of keeping it as natural as possible, only using forms to to give me a balanced figure, otherwise a change of wig, different eye colours and nails. A total shift in style of clothes to see how it feels to go out wearing different lengths , rarely for me but trying trousers and heels.

The way I look I'm happy with what I can get close to girly.
    Angie

Aspiring Member
    I will try almost anything once to see how it feels. That is why my wardrobe is so large.

I am constantly experimenting with makeup....there are just so many things to try. As far a clothes go, I'm a real dress girl. I just love them because they are so feminine.

Lauren