Thread: A Pretty Good 36 Hours

A Pretty Good 36 Hours

So I have to tell someone about this......

Sunday morning I had another Sephora Beauty Class, Contouring & Highlights. I posted already about that with pictures.

Afterward, I had brunch with a ladies social group (all GGs except me) I joined on Meetup. Mostly ladies in their 30's and 40's, I'm probably the oldest one. We met in a trendy restaurant in one of Cleveland's many historic neighborhoods. I knew a few of the girls and quickly made friends with those I had not previously met. It always strikes me how I am very easily accepted and included effortlessly in the many ongoing conversations. My second great experience that day.

I then headed down to the Arcade in downtown Cleveland, practically alone, and took a bunch of selfies, again I have already posted those pictures. What a fulfilling, accepting and lovely way to spend a day.

As they say, but wait....there's more.

So yesterday I had the afternoon to myself, so I got dressed and went to the mall. After poking around in a few stores, I went to New York & Company (the 50% off everything sign drew my attention). I picked out a couple of dresses I liked and the SA kindly set up my fitting room. While I was trying in vain to wiggle into the first dress (my poor eyesight read a size 0 to be a size 10), I listened and laughed at the mother and daughter trying on various items in the rooms next to me. While I waited for the SA to get the dress in the proper size, I put on the other dress and was checking it out in the 3 way mirror and by strolling around a bit. The mother told me how cute the dress looked on me and then the (adult) daughter came out of her room wearing the same dress I previously tried on! I complemented her on how she looked in it and told her that I was trying on the same dress and that we had to take pictures! Well, I got dressed and Mom took our picture and I must say, I'm not sure I have ever smiled so big and so naturally. We all talked a bit, got to know each other and, of course, I hugged them both a few times. I've had this type of fitting room experience a few times and every time it just touches me in a way I cannot explain.

I finished my day in the Dillard's fitting room, trying on a few more. Since department stores rarely offer much in the way of customer service anymore, I literally had the place to myself.

If you have any interest, the pictures from all of this are posted on my Flickr page. Cathy and Megan (Mother and Daughter) really made me feel special and helped me to know, without question, we have little to fear out there but what is in our heads.
    Last edited by Kandi Robbins; 03-21-2017 at 05:19 PM.
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Hi Kandy, Thank you for sharing, it sounds like a wonderful day and a half. Actually I am really envious, but happy you shared with all of us. Thanks again, Brenda.

Sound like you had a great time Kandi.. Thanks for sharing.
    Part Time Girl

Banned Spammer
    You have way too much fun!!! Love reading your adventures

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Great story! Just looked at the pics on Flickr -- adorable

Great story...you make us all envious

Kandi, great story(ies)! I am also envious and want to get out there but I keep getting delayed! ONE DAY! You keep my resolve up as well as my courage and strength! Thank you so much for sharing! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Kandi such a lovely story and it has to be that your personality is always just beaming when Kandi is out I can tell how you
    write that it must be.
    Thanks so much for sharing such a great story
    Rachel Leigh

I do love the conversations I have had with other women while trying on dresses. They have all been nice and sometimes, like your story, have shown genuine friendliness. It reminds us that the current glut of " bathroom bills" and such are from a small part of the population and that many people want us to be able to live authentic lives.

Hi, Kandi! Just brunch and shopping is already a great day, but it's wonderful how positive people seem to be drawn to you. You have an especially attractive smile, and from your interactions on these boards, it's clear that you have a very positive approach and you bring a lot of kindness.

I really like that, even though you have amazing encounters almost daily, they still bring you so much joy that you are almost bursting to share them with us . It shows how appreciative you are of them. Thank you for giving us an insight into your experiences, and I hope you enjoy plenty more in the future .

Sounds like lots of fun. Looked over on Flickr also, looks like lots of fun also. SO MANY beautiful outfits!!! WOW.

Aspiring Member
    Kandi,

You are just lovely! And, your fashion sense and poise are superb. Thanks for a great example.

A wonderful story Kandi and I love your wardrobe. You are classy and elegant with a smile that could light up a room (even a dressing room!).

Lauren

Silver Member
    I loved reading your story. I am constantly amazed and thrilled by how many women accept us as one of the girls in those situations. It must have something to do with being able to own it.

Great story and a special 36 hours. Enjoyed reading your about the mom and daughter acceptance.

Thanks for sharing your story kandi, sounds like you had an amazing time
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec