Thread: the dress is for me....

the dress is for me....

well with keystone approaching i decided to look for dresses to wear there i dont own many and i always wanted a spotty dress, after a search on the interweb i found one i likes, cap sleeve low key and very feminine i thought....was a bit pricey $58 and i have few places to were such a dress, a week passed and i tried again, it was on sale in the smaller sizes so i assumed it would be in the larger ones....i had a project across the street from the local dress barn and thought what the hell, parked walk in and was greeted, i explained what style i was interested in i explained it was for a 42C and she asked what size was my wife, its looked over at her and told her the dress was for me, a little pause, she seeks out anything with spots, the first had bold big ones a bit loud, i agreed and told her i was looking to be low key, pointed at myself and told her loud does not work here

we then found the one i saw online and she pulled out a size 24, i took it and held it up to myself while thinking it would be too short , it was not, then she asked if i was interested in any thing else which i was not, i still had some projects to do and needed to be wary of time, she fixed me a room, asked my name....told me hers and said she would be back to check on me after she performed a task and call for her if i needed anything, i tried the dress it was a good fit, hated seeing boy me reflection looking back at myself but imagined how good it would look with wig and makeup on.

i got my self back together and and left the dress hanging in the fitting room went over to the rack and noticed they were not on sale so i seek her out and asked if it were indeed on sale which she said no, i explain it was a bit over budget for me at this time as i dont wear them out often thanked her for her help, we exchanged some pleasantries and i was on my way.

so nothing negative in total boy mode spur of the moment, i may have been her first (TG) from her pause but she was nothing short of professional and pleasant.....my first time with a dress in store as a boy and i enjoyed it and wanted to share
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

you should have bought it. Not so easy to find a cute dress that fits.

say yes to the dress,maybe another time. be safe. karrin

Hell-o Mikell,
    What a fun way to break up your day!
    Is there any chance you could give us a peak
    at the dress?
    Maybe you could use us as your personal shoppers.
    It's been like watching paint dry around the workplace,
    and there's a WIFI connection.
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

Story of my life, see a gorgeous item of feminine attire in a window, go into shop find the price, think about how often I would realistically be able to wear it. Know it would look great on, but can't justify the price given it will spend most of its time locked up in my hidden Bag of Bec. Leave shop empty handed and a bit disheartened.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    What I have found, Mikell? There will ALWAYS be another dress!

But, never exactly like the one u fell in love with and let get away!
    If u can live with that? U will THRIVE as a dresser!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I know how that feels. I wear sizes from 20-22-24 depending on the cut and material, smallest I can go is a 18-20 combo if stretchy material because of my bust size (46D).

Too many gorgeous dresses at times, but spend most of my life in just every day wear. So I tend to pick simpler styles for day wear.

Means I will take to Keystone twice as many, one for day one for eve. I just hope the weather is OK.

....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

great choice Mikell, i think it will look awesome on you!
    paula

Hi Mikell, both dresses look awesome. Personally, I think you should reward yourself for just having the courage to go into the store, sharing with the assistant and trying it on! I'm sure for many on this site, that may be 'old', but I can't get over the anxiety of doing something like that. I think about it often and sometimes even go out with the intention of trying/buying shoes or clothing, but my determination fades once I get into the store; it's either too busy and so I think that I won't be able to look at anything without GGs doing the same, or the place is completely empty and I get an assistant asking if I need help, at which point I bottle it. So, like I said, I think you should go reward yourself.

Rian

Double kudos...one, for your selections. Both are beautiful, in fact, I have one that looks very much like # 1, and two, Dress Barn is my favorite store. I, both shop in person and shop on line. The SA now recognizes me and is very helpful. I'm 99% sure, she knows what I'm looking for is not for my wife. My wife also shops there. I wonder if the SA has put two and two together? Probably so. I bought a beautiful pencil skirt there last week. I hope you go back and buy one or both. Have no regrets. Best,

Just two weeks ago I tried that dress on at Dress Barn, wearing all my padding, wig, make-up (which I applied there, etc.). However, I was highly disappointed that the dress just didn't look right on me. I ended up buying a chiffon dress with attached necklace. Just love the feel of the dress. Had a 20 per cent off coupon which brought it down to my price range.
    Like you I think the SA who set me up with a room never had one of us before. I had four dresses in my arms when I asked if she could set up a room. She replied, "You want to try them on?" DUH.
    While I was in the room I could hear her tinkering with hangers on a rack next to the room. When I turned the knob to come out and check the mirror in the hallway, I heard her make a hasty retreat, never to be seen again.
    Too bad, because a couple of the SA's there are fantastic, but weren't working that day.
    I just love shopping en femme and en drab isn't too bad either. Glad you enjoyed it.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread