Thread: Breaking the shackles

Breaking the shackles

This is my first post in this forum and I wanted to share my experience dressing in public. Even though I've previously gone out in public wearing a dress with a hat to cover my short hair, I wanted to be myself for once and enjoy the clothes I was wearing. So I went into the store one bright Sunday morning and got myself a white lace top and a black long tapered skirt. The funny thing is I didn't want to shave my beard because for once i wanted to be myself and show everyone that I enjoyed what I was wearing. It was honestly the best day of my life. I spent the entire day visiting cafes, watching a movie and trying out clothes in shops. It was awesome to see people give me a warm smile even though there were some who made a few uninvited remarks. Anyways we are who we are for ourselves

Hi Jane, what a wonderful day for you! Thank you for helping our cause and getting out in public!

That's great, I wish I had your courage and confidence not to worry about what others think. Keep enjoying and welcome.

Sounds like fun! I'm working toward similar goals sans the beard!!

Lauren
    Lauren Nicole DeHart
    Call me Nikki

Jane welcome to the forum, lots of commitment on your part there I would have wnted to present as a girl from day one.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Good for you, Jane! I am planning an outing in a few months at a MAC counter. Best wishes on your journey! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Jane, great first post. A lot of first timers here haven't done half of what you have already done. I too, have been out and about in a skirt and pumps and have had nothing but fantastic times. I get more compliments (mostly from ladies) and maybe just a few stares (mostly from men), but overall nobody cares. Most people just about their business. Most of my posts here are about being in definite man mode while wearing ladies clothing.

If most here in this forum can over come their fears (like you and me) of being outed, the we will get more and more acceptance in public. There is nothing to fear, but fear itself!
    I was told I have balls for wearing skirts! My reply? "That's because balls this big won't fit in pants!"