Thread: The thought police are coming to get me...

The thought police are coming to get me...

Okay, so I'm single, and straight. I'm looking for a girlfriend, but I've found that my criteria for a mate has changed over the past few months. I still would like to find someone that is intelligent, friendly, attractive, compassionate, and politically compatible.

So, I went out to my favorite biker bar this past Sunday afternoon, to visit friends, and play a little music (jam session on Sundays.) There were a few women there that happened to be unattached, so I started mingling. I really liked this one woman, and items were being clicked off of my list as we conversed. Then I had a few random thoughts slip into the qualifying questions, and I started laughing so hard, and couldn't stop. Every time I would look at this woman, I started laughing because I was imagining what she would think about Geena... especially since she looked a little like Geena. Granted she was about 5 inches shorter, and her figure was decidedly more feminine, but the same hair style, and clothing style that Geena would wear for a similar type of outing.

Well, I finally got called up on stage to play, and when I was finished, she was gone.
    It's just as well, because I was also considering one other qualifying item that wasn't going to work for us (not a deal breaker - more of a perk.) Would I be able to borrow any of her clothes??? The answer - NO. She was a size 4.

-Geena
    I am a work of art! I just wish that my artistic skill set was closer to Norman Rockwell than it is to Salvador Dali!

Geena, shame on you. One of the issues wives have is that our habit at times seems to take priority over our relationship with them. Here you are trying to hook up and you are focused on crossdressing instead of making a connection with this girl. You didn't seem to take her very seriously.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I hear u, Geena! I have a GG friend whom I met at a CD affair years ago. We hit it off no matter how I'm dressed. She's stunning for her age, about 45, and in better shape than most GG's of 25. But, I know better than to get involved beyond being friends.

I'll be meeting a GG this weekend I met online thru Sherry's page. She wanted to meet. I had to send a photo of me so she will recognize me. She thot I'd come dressed! She's also in great shape for her age. About 50? I'm only meeting her because she knows and is ok about Sherry! Maybe we'll become friends like my other GG friend? But, nothing beyond that.

Why? Because I've pretty much given up dating. No self respecting woman would put up with playing 2nd fiddle to Sherry.

I believe anyone that's aware they plan to continue dressing, should measure their dates for that fact before anything gets too serious!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I would think that another attribute of a potential mate is acceptance of Geena. But the same size?? No. Not important, because you should get your own clothes and leave hers alone.

I agree with what the three of you have said on this. I don't foresee Geena getting boxed up and put away anytime soon, but this was the first time that the consideration of CD popped into my head concerning dating. A few months ago, Geena didn't exist, so this was a non-issue. Now, I am who I am and this acceptance factor is a high priority "deal breaker."
    Guess I'm just a little confused about when would I broach the subject upon entering into a new relationship. Is it first date material, or post engagement banter? If it happens to be that I meet someone while 'en femme,' then the reveal would be over without any need for a timetable, but I'm in 'hombre, macho' mode in most social situations where I would probably meet someone new.
    I've always tried to be honest in any relationship I enter into, sometimes to my own detriment. I expect the same from my SO. Yes, we all have dirty little secrets, but I don't want Geena to be one of those secrets. Just trying to be efficient and honest, but I don't believe that being a CD has to be listed on my 'dating profile.'
    This is all hypothetical, at the moment, but can become reality without any significant notice. Such is life, right?

And the "borrow her clothes," line was just throwing a little levity at the situation. I have a nice wardrobe of my own, and that 'borrowing' stuff can end up being a two way street. LOL

-Geena
    I am a work of art! I just wish that my artistic skill set was closer to Norman Rockwell than it is to Salvador Dali!

I've been in a dating situation a couple of times and my opinion is you have to build a relationship before discussing crossdressing if you are looking for something long term. This can be a few months but probably not much longer. Use your common sense as to the right time. Definitely if things are getting serious (i.e. let's move in together, let's get engaged, etc.). Few GGs are going to be attracted to crossdressing in itself. Many will consider it if they really care for you, in particular if you are clear in how important this is to you. Don't apologize, be bold and own it. This is who you are and you are sharing something very personal with them. Don't take the approach that this is a negotiation, present the facts and wait for the reaction. She may need a little time to process the information, give her the time she needs.

I did post a lot of my history in this thread: https://www.crossdressers.com/forums...#post4060442);. In here I share how I went about interacting with a couple of GGs and my crossdressing.

This of course is just my opinion. Others on this forum have mentioned how they did it on the first couple of dates. Not my approach but you never know....
    Last edited by sweetdreams; 03-22-2017 at 12:19 PM.