Thread: A Good Answer

Banned Read only

A Good Answer

Yesterday I was in a large sporting goods store that sold both women's and men's clothes. Of course I had to stop in the women's to check out girl clothes, stopped by a rack with a lot of embroidered and colorful women's belts with large and really neat looking belt buckles, as I looked through them I would take one off the rack and hold it up to my jeans to see how it went and also the size/length. A female SA saw me doing this and asked "do you know they are women's belts"?

I replied, YES.

I think my answer took the boredom out of what she was doing, it helped make my day, I don't know about hers.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Had that happen while shopping for jeans.
    Your reply was perfect LOLOL.
    I know the SA's are just trying to help but it does come off as a bit rude.

And looking at women's watches...yup, I know they are not men's watches.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Had that when I bought a watch too. Just told the SA I liked it and would take it.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Just being true to myself Jolene Robertson's Avatar
    They're only WOMEN'S if a WOMAN is wearing them

Good answer, I think you handled it great!

Hugs
    Jolene

Had that same thing happen to me on more than one occasion. A few times while out as a "male" but with a few female items on I was told as I was heading into the men's room that I was going into the wrong restroom. They assumed I was a woman. I assured them that everything was "OK".

Banned Read only
    Deebra,
    We should write some of these stories down , I've had some great ones along those lines .
    I can't remember what I was buying recently but the SA called out , " You do realise you're looking in the wrong section, that's the ladies ! I replied , " Yes I know but they don't appear to do a size 12 in pink in the male section !"

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    Deebra,
    " Yes I know but they don't appear to do a size 12 in pink in the male section !"
    Instant classic. Love it!

My only experience with a good answer to a SA was when I asked if I could try something on. She looked around and asked "you"? My reply was "yes, me! who else". The she gave me a great big smile.
    Last edited by Mark B; 03-22-2017 at 03:02 PM.
    I was told I have balls for wearing skirts! My reply? "That's because balls this big won't fit in pants!"

Same thing happened to me at the Goodwill Store once,going through the jeans looking for my size and the clerk approached and said "the mens jeans are over there" pointing to the other side of the store.I just thanked her and told her that I was not looking for mens jeans.
    Joan58

Quote Originally Posted by Jolene Robertson View Post
    They're only WOMEN'S if a WOMAN is wearing them

Good answer, I think you handled it great!

Hugs
    Jolene

They/Them
    I love dressing as a woman.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    DianeF I can't tell you how many times that has happened to me.LOL

My other favorite clothes quote from Eddie Izard:
    "They're not women's clothes, they're my clothes. I bought them."

Also, he is comic genius.

Dressed in drab I was looking trough the lingerie section and a SA walked by and mentioned that I was in the women's section. I looked her right in the eye and told her, "I thought these bras and panties looked a bit on the frilly side to be men's!" No kidding? I have a bra in my hand and you feel the need to let me know I am looking at women's undies?

When I shop for womans things in regular stores I am comfortable. But the one time I was shopping for a woman's golf outfit for DLV i was very stressed. I gutted it out, but did not try the oiutfit on till I got home. Was an expensive mistake and had to do it all over. This time trying on the items and buying with a sheepish grin.

Silver Member
    Cashier,"Did you try it on (a dress)"? Me, "No. I know my sizes." Her smirk faded fast.