Thread: Frozen

Frozen

I thought I would take another shot at a drive, after my last interesting adventure. I went out after dinner as usual, once all out of male mode something felt different tonight for some reason I felt more vulnerable. I made a right turn and the sun was blasting in my eyes, wait a minute it's 6pm and the sun is still out, oh yeh the time change a few weeks ago, and I remembered last week it was cloudy but today was sunny.
    I look in the mirror and the sun is blasting threw my makeup like a laser, I now get this feeling that everyone is staring at me, I have did a few day times but not with this sun directly in my face. I'm now FROZEN like a manacin, like a piece of wood. I direct my head straight ahead, not looking to the left or right, my hands both strapped to the steering wheel, my legs locked together like a virgin on her first date, I felt like I'm driving naked.
    Now with my heart pounding threw my dress I start thinking and it seemed like the conscious little devil came on my shoulder and said "OMG I can't believe we are doing this in daylight, what a rush a thrill of being exposed like this", but then it felt like the conscious Angel came on my right shoulder and said" are you crazy, this is high risk, you might as well take a selfy of yourself and send it to all of your family and freinds because Im going to get outted"
    With these mixed emotions I rushed to make the next left turn to get out of the burning sun, once I made the turn I calmed down and seriously asked myself, why do I torment myself like this, I call these rides relaxing and stress release but they are far from that, wouldn't you think.
    The sun went down pretty fast I drove around awhile longer and got changed and picked up a coffee for my wife(with the proper change). Inside joke if you read my last post. As frustrating as it was at curtain points, it was much better then last week.
    Had to share and as I'm writing this I'm asking myself. WHY DO I PUT MYSELF THREW THIS????
    Last edited by Maria 60; 03-22-2017 at 10:16 PM.

Congrats on getting out again Maria !

After a while the stress will die down & the fun will begin.

Hugs, Connie Marie
    See my favorite lovely ladies at https://www.flickr.com/photos/64988357@N03/favorites/

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies, projects, or any other purpose - YOU DO NOT HAVE MY PERMISSION To Use Any Of My Profile Or Pictures In Any Form Or Forum Both Current And Future.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Relax Maria its all in your head.

Hi, Maria!

"As frustrating as it was at curtain points, it was much better then last week. "

Pleased that you got straight back out there, and even more pleased to read that it was a better experience this time . After the challenging excursion last time ( which wasn't your fault ), you probably just needed a more straightforward one to regenerate your momentum - more mentally than in your actions. Your actions were fine last time . . you just needed a coffee server not to throw your change at you. You're back in business now. I think you'll be more relaxed next time .

Btw, last week's cloud should have been full rain, but my dance got cut short by a phone call, grr .

Glad you had a better time this time! It will get better the more you do it! The sun can be mean! Smart on the exact change thing! LOL Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

"Why..."
    You said it yourself, girl. It was easier than the time before. It is going to get easier, and more fun. I'd encourage you to seek out friends in the community. It is so much easier and more fun to do things together. Doesn't matter if its shopping, dinner, clubbing or whatever.

Hugs,

Kelly

Platinum Member
    Have you come up with an answer?

Hey Maria,

Traci is right, it is all in your head. And the other girls are correct also. It will get better. Over the course of many years and several hundred outings en femme traveling cross country, going out shopping, dinning, etc., I can still conjure up in my head some concern if I allow myself to. I am on a girl trip now. This morning, on my way down to breakfast, I started wondering who might be in the breakfast room. Would it be a girl's softball team? Construction workers? Biker convention? As I pondered all of that I also planned my retreat if necessary. Silly me, there was only one guy engrossed in his breakfast and news paper. He did look at me. Certainly at 5' 11" I get attention. However, there was no issue and there never has been an issue. I did have a guy ask me to show him how to operate the expresso machine and I did. When it is necessary to interact with some one just give them your warmest smile. Beautiful women learn to smile with their eyes. Hang in there girl. Better days are coming, good times are ahead. I promise.

Jeri

I understand how you feel, I've had similar feelings. I sometimes apply makeup or do some changing of clothes in the car. When it's a bright sunny day, I feel that anyone in the area will very possibly see what's going on. I wish my vehicle had dark tinted windows! They're tinted a little but not the windshield.

Also in the that sunny environment, one's makeup may look more like nighttime makeup, a little too heavy for daytime. It's times like this that I wish I was completely out of the closet!
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    It's NOT all in your head, Maria! If u drive a distinctive car? Or, your neighbors can see u driving in or out of your driveway? U could have some "splanin" to do!

When I have to drive out during daylite hours? I wear a jacket over my dress. Leave my wig off and wear sunglasses and a hat to hide my makeup, etc. Just a week ago a neighbor was out front and waved as I drove by!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Maria, the reality is that no one is paying any attention to you specifically. No one. Just think about all the cars you pass on a daily basis and try to remember even one face of a driver. You can't do it! It's all in your head. Relax, drive (please be safe) and enjoy it. Sorry to evoke a cliche, but you only have this one life, live it and quit worrying.
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I was a bit apprehensive the first few times I went for a daylight drive, now I think nothing of it. The first time out I stopped at traffic lights near a busy shopping park. people everywhere, not one gave me a second look. As has been said, how many other drivers faces do you notice? My only problem is I live in a street full of curtain twitchers!
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Dianef I never heard that saying Curtain Twitchers, I love it. I never see them but they always seem to know whats going on in the niebourhood.

Don't stress to much over this Maria a lot of us go through this one way or another .I have found the more relaxed the better it is have fun
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo