Thread: Under the microscope.

Under the microscope.

Every time I dress I feel like everyone is watching me under a long range microscope with a recording device that tags each and every mistake.
    Do any of you feel like that?
    I even sand and buff my nails to a high gloss without using nail Polish.
    Last edited by Leslie Mary S; 03-23-2017 at 04:19 AM.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Well, I must confess that I have never gone outside the house full en femme. However, I do go out frequently underdressed and now it is not a big deal. However, I remember the first time I went out underdressed in a pair of pink nylon briefs with a lace waistband. The brand was Pam and perhaps some of our "more experienced" (older) members will still remember that brand. They were feeling good under a pair of Levis and I was only going on a short errand. Well, I could have sworn that at the entrance to the store, there was a panty scanner and an alarm would go off and the panty gestapo would be taking me in for interrogation. I think it was malfunctioning that evening because the panty gestapo failed to show up.

Lacey, I know exactly how you feel. For years I thought every time I wore panties out and about, everyone would know.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I hear you Lacey.
    Just last evening, my drab self boldly walked in to Walmart to the cosmetic section, picked up a few items, even spoke to another shopper about the products. Then (hear is the heart stopping area) went to the Bra Section and selected myself 3 new bras.
    Went to the self check-out. The machine was having problems and the attendant had to come and clear the problem and then she walked away. Nary a word or raised eyebrow about what I was buying
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Well I got this feeling too. At my first time out even if it was in middle of night I feel like ppl are watching from all those buildings around and know the truth about "weird girl down the street". Even when in guy mode and wearing something femine hidden then I feel like all ppl around must have a x-ray vision and know what I hide
    "Do not care what others think, do what you must" - Javik, ME3

I do not have that feeling as I am my worst critic as far as CDing goes! I have got away from the X ray vision and the knowing that I was underdressed feelings! Now it will be everyone knows I am a CD when I am dressed! But as others have said, So what! We will see! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Platinum Member
    Most people are busy with their own lives, and among the few who notice the content of your shopping cart, even fewer will care. We place ourselves under the microscope

I still get that feeling when I first go out dressed. No matter how many times I check myself in the mirror, I always feel like I forgot to remove a giant tag from my dress that says "Dude in here". Ironically it gets better once I'm among people and I can see they're not recoiling in horror.

Sometimes you just have to do it and figure GG's also have fopa's. Yesterday I picked up my black pencil skirt from the dry cleaners. NO big deal except I was fully dressed in pink boat neck with infinity scarf, linen slacks and pink wedges. Full make up and accessories to boot. I was carrying a Kelly green purse which did not match the outfit and no one rushed to hang me or anything. I talked to the service girl and walked by two men on the street. NNO one is keeping score but yourself. Enjoy your time dressed.
    joank
    Southern California

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I never underdress so don't have any worries there. I go out fully dressed (but not interacting, yet) and after 35 plus years of practice I think my look isn't too shabby. Even so I still sometimes feel all eyes are on me when I go out somewhere.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

I know the feeling, but now that I am very comfortable being out I hope they look.

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    That feeling goes away, I used to feel that way when I used to go out under dressed. Now if no one looks it is a bit annoying. LOL.