Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well, I did it!

Well, I did it!

Last week I checked my companies dress policy to see exactly what was stated. Men must wear proper business dress attire (tie and Jacket) except on Friday's where a more casual attire can be worn. No tie and jacket but also no jeans. I typically wear on Fridays slacks and a polo shirt as my casual attire. Women must also wear business attire as well. Most wear skirts and jackets and while a few wear high heel pumps, most wear 2" pumps or flats. On Friday the girls wear more business slacks and no jackets. So it's a pretty strict dress code. Our boss is very old school and I don't mind at all. In fact, it is one of the reasons I choose to work there. I personally believe that the business world is getting more and more casual and I don't like that trend.

Anyway, I have been wearing 3" heels to the office now for about 2 months and no one has said a word. Not even the boss. I had joked with a female co-worker that next on the list was me wearing a skirt to the office. Well, today being Friday, I wore something just a bit different. Granted, we had an unusually amount of people out of the office today so I knew that there would be less people around to interact with.

I got work a little early before most just so I can get settled in my office without being to noticed. But the receptionist was setting at her desk. She just looked and smiled and said the typical "good morning". I was in my office about 10 minutes when the receptionist came in and asked if I would show her my outfit as she didn't get a good look when I walked in. She called it a "surprised brain fade". So I stood up and let her look. She said that she wished her legs were as nice as mine and that I looked very nice. My secretary came in a few seconds later and just said "well, you did it and you look great!"

The rest of the day was nothing but compliments from the females and most males just pretended not to notice. One guy did ask if it was drafty and cold. I said the panty hose was warm and I haven't noticed any draft.

Here is what I wore today. It was a fun day, but wearing 4" pumps all day was hard. It's a big difference wearing 3" versus 4".

IMG_6050 600.jpg
    I was told I have balls for wearing skirts! My reply? "That's because balls this big won't fit in pants!"

Love it! And kudos to you for the bravery and good response. I, too, am a guy very interested in wearing skirts/heels/dresses in typical male mode. Thank you for your trailblazing efforts.

Your look is very professional and bet your feet might be sore in the morning unless your used to the four inch pumps. Glad everything went well today. Are you going to start pushing it even more?

Thanks. It was a fun day. I may do it more often only on Fridays. I'll won't wear my forms or wig to the office though. I prefer the man mode. I also need to buy some women's business suits. Shopping
    Last edited by DAVIDA; 03-24-2017 at 05:45 PM. Reason: There is no need to quote the post right before your post.
    I was told I have balls for wearing skirts! My reply? "That's because balls this big won't fit in pants!"

You may be within the dress code but clearly your company is rather old school. Do they think this is a one time lark or are you blazing a trail here?
    Last edited by Sara Jessica; 03-24-2017 at 05:56 PM.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

~ Bondage & Pantyhose ~ cosmolovesph's Avatar
    Yeah I wondered too about "old school" and you bravely blazing this new path. You looked great and many of wish we were able to do the same.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Crissandra
    ~AKA - Cosmo-Loves-PantyHose~
    Don't forget to compliment those wearing pantyhose, as to how nice their legs look!

Platinum Member
    Good for you! You have shown courage!

Yea! you look great.

Congrats on your success! Yes, time for female business clothes! Best wishes going forward! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Martha you go girl.And you do have nice legs hun.
    Angie

Martha, You are braver than I could ever be..
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Quote Originally Posted by Sara Jessica View Post
    You may be within the dress code but clearly your company is rather old school. Do they think this is a one time lark or are you blazing a trail here?
    Yes, I wanted to make sure I was well within the dress code. I actually enjoy it as well as most others in our company. I even suggested to the owner that if he wanted to maintain an old school dress code that we would need to compensate our employees. So now we all have a very generous clothing allowance. As for a "blazing a new trail" after having time to think about over the weekend, my new trail will be to in the direction of actually increasing our fashion statement. We are an engineering and manufacturing company and presentation amnd our company image is high quality and high standards. So like having workshops in what's new in clothing and having fashion tips from some local fashion designers. We have these workshops for other areas why not for this? As for as crossdressing at work, I will definitely do it again, but I will need to do it right. Such as nicer suits than what most of our women wear. Not to upstage them, but to increase the expectations. The same will go in man mode as well. Better suits, more colors, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Angie G View Post
    Martha you go girl.And you do have nice legs hun.
    Angie
    Thanks Angie, as a pro ex-cyclist they are well defined, and my wife as most others think it my best asset.
    Last edited by Mark B; 03-27-2017 at 05:32 AM.

Very businesslike, very well done! Just wearing the 3" heels much of the time is certainly something I envy your being able to do (although I would likely stick to the 2" heels or flats).

Kudos to your company, and the acceptance you have received.

Lauren

Banned Read only
    Martha you get a metal from me for having the *&%$# to do what you did. Can't believe your boss was O.K. with it and no bad noise from your co workers. You are very well dressed and covered, this should be accepted, just your personal choice in clothing. Everyone on this forum should give you high fives.

Martha, serious respect for your bravery. Whatever you drink, I'll have one, or two....

Rian

This is awesome! It makes me happy to think that you're in the world.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

I had a meeting with the boss today. He said that there were rumors that I had worn a dress to work on Friday. He was not in on Friday so he did not get a chance to see me. I told him I had worn a skirt and not a dress and that I had worn one of my man shirts along with it. He laughed just a bit, and said "first the shoes and now a dress, where will it end?"

I replied that I might continue wearing skirts with jackets but he didn't have to worry about me wearing a wig or "female body enhancements". He then said that he had done a quick google search yesterday and found out it's more common than he thought. But then he also said that most pictures in his search showed queers (his words, not mine) wearing dresses. Only a few pictures had real men wearing a dress that looked normal as far as normal goes. He continued that he had been told that I looked very professional and not trashy, like what he found in his search and that there were no complaints. I then told him that when I do wear something again it will be nothing but respectable. He shook his head, but then said, ok if I keep it respectable he would have no problem with it.

Feeling on a roll, I asked about some workshops to help the younger employees with business dress decisions and updates on the latest business fashions and maybe some guidance on spending the clothing allowance we receive. His reply was "don't push your luck' with a smile of course! Now I got to go shopping!
    Last edited by Mark B; 03-29-2017 at 11:50 AM.

Well done! I wish I had the courage to do the same.

I always would wonder if this ever happens, people talk and within short time everyone would be like " did you see what he was wearing"
    I work in a factory and you learn it spreads like wildfire.

Pretty in Pink

I'd pat you on your back if I were there. I work in an office with very casual dress code, even the directors don't wear ties. Jeans with a shirt are the norm actually.

Sadly that's where casualness ends, a while ago there were rumours that someone who is a closet CD had accidentally emailed a colleague from his femme email address and quickly tried to recall the email. Then people started their gossiping and that there were photos of him in dresses online. It's really sad to hear normally good people being nasty (however unintentionally) to someone just because of their dressing habits.
    Swottie

I couldn't wait till Friday. So yesterday with my normal tie and jacket, I added a skirt and pumps.

It was just like a normal day at the office. Even the guys seemed more relaxed. I did have more female co-workers (more than normal) come by my office to chat.

Today is Friday, so a different skirt, but no jacket or tie. Pictures from today will added later tonight.

IMG_6111-600.jpg IMG_6112-600.jpg

No if, ands or buts girl, You look fabulous.

That being said have you picked up any push back from the Females in the office?

This happened in my company when a new intern, female, outshone the regular women in the office. My companies dress code is business casual and the intern always wore skirts and heels. Almost all the other women in the office wore slacks and quite a few would fall in the "frumpy" category. The regulars filed a complaint against the intern.

I bring this up as you're talking about wearing nice/better suits than the other ladies in the office. I see that as competition and fear the claws may come out.

Something to consider.

In the end, great job and good luck!

Martha, again, you look incredible. Your legs are fantastic!

I, like Linda, would be interested to know whether you're somehow viewed as 'competition' by the GGs.

It's such a great way for you to start your weekend. Enjoy!!

Hi Linda, If any woman at our office dresses "frumpy" the other women will bring their claws out. It has happened. I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of that. But, so far everyone (men also) have been very nice about my change of wardrobe. Some girls have offered to take me shopping. Not sure if the wife would like that though.

Hi Dear,
    https://www.crossdressers.com/forums...9520&noquote=1
    Glad to hear about the acceptance so far. Your companies dress code is much stricter than mine, as you've explained. In fact when I have to visit the home office I always wear a coat and tie. (I've gotten nice compliments from the ladies about it as well). Nobody has ever asked/told me to dress down, although the way this outfit runs I expected it every time. Then again nobody sees my lingerie underneath......

I look forward to further updates on your ladies business suits and skirts at the office. I envy you very much for having the courage to do it. I'm not so brave.

Hugs,
    Linda W.