Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Phot taking. Have you ever - -

My preferred method is to use a camera rather than a phone, put it on a proper tripod and use a wired remote. However, carrying a large-ish tripod everywhere isn't practical so the alternatives​ are
    • Use a gorilla pod or similar to improvise a tripod from a standard lamp or other item of hotel room furniture!
    • Traditional selfie

The problem with using the self timer is that autofocus focuses in the wrong place and manual focus is a pain!

Of course, the best alternative is a friend who knows what they're doing!

Banned Spammer
    This is something to use for those who like to venture outside!!!! It is something that can be out side for a long time and be left on they can take still shots multiple shot as well as video with sound for those ladies who like to hear heels clicking on the pavement!!!! Just an idea and yes they can be put on a tri pod and left in the house as well!!! Trail Cam.jpg

I usually take them in the car when stopped at a light! lol sometimes I use the timer on the floor as an upward pic.
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I use a bridge camera with timer on a tripod, plus a few hand held shots. Works okay so far.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

I just discovered number 4 and it works fairly well. Bluetooth connectivity to the phone. I have an older point-and-shoot which I use to do on a tripod with a timer but the phone has overtaken it in terms of picture quality. The only drawback is that, yep, the picture are on the phone.

Lauren
    Lauren Nicole DeHart
    Call me Nikki

Frankly, I haven't had much of an opportunity to dress and take photos. Plus my presentation is not there yet. As a photographer, I have used my dslr, on a tripod, with timer function and manually focused so I can "jump" into the zone. I shoot a fair number of portraits in manual mode with off camera lighting....soft box or umbrella. One of these days. Maybe I could just ask one of my photo friends to shoot me...yea right! (Only my wife knows about me)

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    When I take pictures of myself I prop up the phone and use the timer in selfie mode, for face shots I'll just hold the phone, usually when I'm out.

Non-binary/Questioning
    I often prop up my phone and record a video, then takescreenshots from the video and edit then in Photoshop. Unfortunately my phone is old and resolution is poor, especially under bad lighting conditions, but it works passably well for smaller images in good light.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I got my newest camera to use with my smart phone as the remote trigger. That works. But, with no timer delay possible in that mode, I'm holding my phone out in front in all the photos. Pointless in other words!

However, the new camera takes much sharper photos than my older one.
    (I say older one. But, I have others older than that one, too).

Most of my 5,000 to 10,000 pics have been taken with timers. I use tripods at home and various surfaces to set my camera on when out. Or, ask passersby for help! My older camera has up to a 30 second timer and will take 3 pics, 2 seconds apart. Which allows 3 different poses for every stroll back to trip the shutter!

Selfies and phones don't work if u want self taken full length photos and shots that clearly show groups and the scenes behind u. The pics of Sherry I prefer.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!