Thread: Having GRS

Banned Read only

Having GRS

How many of you on here have thought about GRS but, like me I don't think I could do that. As most of you that have read my profile I am 24/7/365 girly mode, I have had breast enhancement but that is as far as I go, I just don't see myself going all the way as I really couldn't be with a man, ( nothing against men) but that's it. I love the fact that I can pass as a woman and not feel ashamed. Yes I hope this is an appropriate post. Pattie (Pat)

Kind of in a similar boat. I wouldn't mind it, but I don't feel its much of a good investment since I'm in a happy accepting marriage, and I really don't need to worry about passing the dating scene. HRT is currently enough for me, though depending where breast growth lands I might go for some enhancement. I'm just really not a big fan of elective surgery. Don't knock anyone who wants it, but not for me unless I need it.

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    Welcome back Pattie; That question has probably been pondered by most at one time or another; I would think that any surgery including your is GRS. How could it be otherwise ? Its the first step for many.
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Pat-to-Pat, I'll say that my expectation is that if GRS becomes correct for you, you'll know it. You shouldn't even consider it unless it's fulfilling a need for you. The most important thing to keep focused on in exploring gender identity is that there are no standards you have to live up to, there are no duties to perform or responsibilities. Gender identity is just identity -- who you are. No course of action flows from that except doing what makes you happy about being who you are. If you don't see GRS as taking you to a place you have to be in order to be your true self, then it's not for you. That answer may change over time, but it's perfectly OK if it doesn't. You be you.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Silver Member
    I'm 100% in agreement with Pat (Jennie). You be you, and if your notion of who you are changes, then you go with that. Nobody is a finished work of art, so don't feel you have to be the same next year as how you defined yourself last year. I'm totally rooting for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattie View Post
    I just don't see myself going all the way as I really couldn't be with a man, ( nothing against men) but that's it.
    Pattie I don't in anyway see why not being with a man has anything to do with gender identity.

There are lots of women who don't want to be with a man either.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    I think I feel the same way. I've been on HRT for a while and I really love the results but right now as much as I want to be female surgery seems a step too far for me. Maybe one day that will be change but I have finally gotten to a point where I really like my body.

Stacey
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

I want to and plan on doing GRS. Right now I am doing HRT, and I am happy that I am doing but it is not enough. With GRS I can get the body I want, and feel a lot more like a women.

Grace

Banned Read only
    Thanks for the comments. I really enjoyed how open and honest you all were , for me it never has been a consideration to have it done. It is not that I don't like men ,at the clubs I go to with some of the girls I met I will dance with a man if asked, and that is quite often. I don't drink any thing stronger than a glass of wine and then only 2 at the most.
    that's my comment on what y'all replyed.

Just be you! 24/7/365 in girl mode is great! Not everyone has GRS or even HRT! Some can not do it because of their health and some just can not afford it! You will know if you need more and if you do not, great! I am glad you are where you are and happy! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

I am hoping to have GRS. I want to be a girl completely. I am in counseling now, and plan to start HRT treatment very soon.

I've been on hormones for nine months (love it, love it love it!!!) but I am kind of on the fence about GRS.

Frankly if I have to pony up a lot of money for surgery, then facial feminization is coming first. I use my face to communicate with people all the time, not my crotch. Second up is going to be either voice feminization or breast augmentation. My voice is kind of in gender neutral territory right now, but as much as I would like to sound more feminine (I have a friend IRL who got voice feminization and she sounds amazing) I have some concern about the risks and the need to go four weeks without speaking.

In terms of BA, the hormones gave me a pair of 38A's which I love, but it is really hard to shop for a bra. Having a little more there would just make all my clothes fit better and shopping easier, and up the "Hey I'm a girl!" factor a little bit.

In terms of GRS, the only positives I see for it is that it would make it possible for me to pass in a bikini and in the gym locker room, and give me that coveted unassailable admission card to the women's rest room. But I am 54, and that is a highly invasive surgery, and I am not sure I want a permanent new hole in my body where there was not one before.
    Carries a spray bottle of "pink fog" around with her in her purse at all times.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly Preston View Post
    Pattie I don't in anyway see why not being with a man has anything to do with gender identity.
    This is bang on.

The primary motivator for GRS is self-image and self-acceptance. Being able to also have sexual relations in a feminine way is a great bonus. Please, please, don't get GRS because of other people, that leads to disappointment.

Also, don't fall for the 'magic vagina' myth: "If I only had 'the surgery', life would be great, I could date any lesbian / straight man I want", etc. No, sorry. Some people would never accept a trans woman even if she could have her chromosomes re-modeled.
    "Your hands are cold but your lips are warm..."

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    As someone who can and does experience what having a vagina looks like whenever I want? It is magical to see myself as a complete female in the mirror!

That's enuff for me. But, my guess is few T's that go thru the difficulties to actually get one want to just look at it------
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!