Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dressing "sexy" versus dressing "normal"

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar

Dressing "sexy" versus dressing "normal"

Forgive me if my choice of words does not convey what I'm asking as intended.

How many of you dress to look sexually appealing? I mean, like tight party dresses, stilettos, etc as your primary interest in CDing, versus how many of you primarily dress to appear like a "normal" woman, just another face in the crowd?

Just curious...

Daniella Argento
    I dress the way I want to dress.
    I dress for the occasion.
    Sometimes that means jeans, cowboy boots and a casual top
    Sometimes that means a LBD and stilettos
    I try to look my best whatever I am wearing

Allison, I understand what you mean. For me it is really horses for courses. For example if I am dressing to go out in the daytime shopping I want to blend so dressing normal is the way to go. If I were going dancing with a bunch of other girls to a TG friendly venue then perhaps the look is a bit more sexy, maybe a slightly shorter skirt or higher heels.

I have found that its not always so easy fitting a mans body into clothes designed for woman, often means we have to trade expediency for a sexy look. For example perhaps a sexy lacy bra may feel or look amazing but it may not offer enough support for insert etc.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

I get what you mean also. I usually dress "normal" at home doing every day things. But when I get together with other gurls it"s all out sexy!! Just spent last weekend at a Friends place and it was a FULL ON DRESS TO IMPRESS time. What a blast!! Lilly

It depends. At home my clothing shoes and makeup can be quite ordinary like plain shirt and leggings (umdergarments ofc) but also can ends up in sexy overbust corset with decent clevage, miniskirt and pantyhose and wearing 6in heels.
    In terms of going out, I aim for "ordinary girl" look to draw least attention as possible. That means no short skirs, big necklines tops or stiletto heels even if I still could (teen girl at hearth )
    But Becky got point, not all sexy clothes will look sexy on us sadly. Not much of us can take sexy pics posing in lace bra and panties. Envy those who can!!
    "Do not care what others think, do what you must" - Javik, ME3

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    Everything I wear is sexy.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    That depends on where I am going.
    Shopping just a normal everyday look, out to a club I may do a plunging neckline and show cleavage.
    Maybe even a dress or skirt out clubbing.
    I never consider myself to be sexy in any way shape or form to be honest. I have had guys seem to think I had some sexy attraction.
    The one article of clothing that gets me the most comments from guys is tight jeans.

Banned Read only
    Allison,
    As I mainly go out socially to meetings I dress depending on what is planned for the evening, the dress in my avatar was for the Xmas party . I don't intentionally dress sexily what others see in that is up to them, I always wear dresses or skirts with heels , I can get away with it with my legs , I do admit my legs are my my favourite part when wearing stockings and heels . I have worn a couple of bodycon dresses and next time out I will be wearing a leather skirt . Most of the time I wear what I feel comfortable in I do try and choose items that suit my figure it's the putting it all together that's fun.
    If I went out in the daytime to shop dressed I would probably have to tone it down , I would possibly attract attention for being overdressed but possibly not because I look sexy .

In the early mornings, when I'm feeling most naughty, I like to dress ****ty although rearly get outside (maybe 3 times a year) in that mode, but once the sun is up I like to dress normal.
    Maybe one day i might start enjoying the night life and be more "sexy" but doubt it somehow.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

I dress what I consider to be definitely sexy, but (hopefully) vintage elegant. Glamor is where it's at for me. So that means fully-fashioned stockings, high heels, long satin gowns, pearls and full makeup. I love the art that's involved in choosing an outfit, the makeup and so on. That's what makes me feel like a woman, but of course I realise it's different for everyone. I can completely understand those who are approaching it very differently.

I don't venture outside when dressed; if I did, maybe it would be a little different.

Hell-o Allison,
    I'd have to say that in the past it was all about dressing "sexy".
    But back then I was hiding in my closet, and my SO didn't have a clue.

Since then things have changed....

First of all, and most importantly, my SO discovered my CDing.
    I had no choice but to show her everything.

From there she had a few remarks about my outfits.
    (I'm sure she held ALOT back)
    But over time I've been learning that if I want to go out
    in public...I'll stand out a little less if I dress appropriately.

So how do I dress now?

Well...I'm going for age appropriate sexy! (In HEELS of course!)

Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

I think we mostly dress to reflect how we'd like to be. If that's sexy, we dress sexy. If it's to feel like we're in a particular role, we dress like that (like how I feel good in my cheerleader uniforms, or my non-sexy school uniforms).
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I only wear clothes that I like, always dresses or skirts, but more on the mature side.

I dress not overly sexy but will wear a skirt and heels

Mollyanne
    "To thine own self be true"

Aspiring Member
    Mostly normal. Not too sure how well I can pull "sexy" off, or if I should at all.. I know I've tried, on and off, for some of my photos. I might well have come across as "skanky" even, although I hope to avert that in my daily dress. Sexiness is probably also dependent on the person: one can probably still be sexy even if one is wearing a sack.

I think revealing a lot of skin (a common measure of sexiness) above my hips will be fairly difficult, however. Even if I wear forms I'd like a good part of them concealed - ditto for hip shapers.

Platinum Member
    Everyday, normal, presentable and nice...maybe a bit more stylish for evenings out

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by CateNatalia View Post
    I dress what I consider to be definitely sexy, but (hopefully) vintage elegant. Glamor is where it's at for me. So that means fully-fashioned stockings, high heels, long satin gowns, pearls and full makeup. I love the art that's involved in choosing an outfit, the makeup and so on. That's what makes me feel like a woman, but of course I realise it's different for everyone. I can completely understand those who are approaching it very differently.

I don't venture outside when dressed; if I did, maybe it would be a little different.
    Thats the key thing you don't go out in public.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Majella St Gerard View Post
    Everything I wear is sexy.
    I'm guilty with this one. I even have a gray wig from when I was experimenting with age appropriate appearances.
    Yawn fest.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    Like others, I have a certain "foundation" style.

I always dress up with the following requirements:
    Heels no lower than 4.5 inches, collar/choker, and a dress or skirt no lower than the knees (no pants/trousers on this girl).

In general, I believe, my style stands out; however, I never do cleavage.
    That being said, I've been told I have a sexy look by some, but I see my look as somewhat normal.
    But my aforementioned requirements can most certainly make any woman stand out.

We all like what we like.

Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Platinum Member

Variety is the spice of life !

Hi Allison , With my large collection of clothes and shoes I can cover the whole spectrum
    from a blending in soccer mom all the way to dressed to the nines very sexy style
    Variety is the spice of life when it comes to dressing pretty ......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

i try to dress relatively stylish rather than sexy. i don't think i could pull 'sexy' off...

When I used to dress occasionally I tried for stylish/sexy/special occasion. And it kind of makes sense because each time was a special occasion. Now I'm full time I dress "normal" because I'm going about my normal day and interacting with normal people. I still like to dress up for occasions but my criteria is probably a lot more like a typical female -- what's practical for the occasion and looks good on me? I will say that I almost never dress as I used to do when I was pretending to be cisgender male -- then I'd just throw on clothes because they fit and not really care about them.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Everything over-the-top glamour, which to me is sexy.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    The majority of my clothes are of the 'blending' type, but I do have some that could be considered glamorous, or even sexy. Unfortunately I get little opportunity to wear them.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

I get it. Blending is overrated. I wear what I think I look good in. I'm thin and wear tight fitting clothes, short dresses, high heels. I find it's more fun to stand out and be the unicorn in the room than part of the wall paper.