Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dressing "sexy" versus dressing "normal"

Not been reading all the answers to your post mine is like in a guide to trasgenders book says, we want to express our feminity dressing and at the beginning, as many of us did, we go to extreme, fishnets, miniskirts, corsets, garter, high heels, etc everything that highlight our femine desire to be a woman, in that path usually the lipstick goes strong red, the make up is overdone that we look more like sex workers or hookers tham normal women, but then when some of us can go out of the closet and dress more often, move into a more centered way to dress.
    If you see my posts here, I've been trying to show my femine shapes, bust, butt, hip pads, etc. but now when buying wife is orienting to a more normal woman dress, especially for my age.
    Now, if I go to a club like hamburgers Mary where tons of crossdresser, transsexuals, etc gather, my dressing is more sexual, like any woman that go to a club wears, tight miniskirts, high heels, like when you go to Vegas, at night, that is a kind obligated attire.
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

Silver Member
    At my age, sexy isn't an option, but color is! The brighter the better (hot pinks) for at home, stylish for a dinner out, and normal for other outs.

Call me a cab...ernet!
    My response is likely colored by the fact that I am still closeted and still in somewhat decent shape for someone 50+ yrs old. So my preference is a sexier tighter fitting clothes that show off my figure. For my own benefit (since I am closeted) I love looking in the mirror or at pics of myself and seeing a feminine shape and sexy woman looking back. However, if I was going out in public I bet I would be more conservative in an effort to not attract too much attention to my nervous self.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Exclamation My motto is,"If you've got it, flaunt it!"

I think women with shapely figures r sexy if whatever they r wearing shows it.

So, I try to do the same with Sherry's looks. Both at home, where overtly sexy is normal.

And, out in public. Where if the outfit doesn't show off my figure, I won't wear it!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Lana Mae is too old and does not have the shape to be sexy, but she does have some sexy underwear! LOL Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Board-Certified Shaman LaSirenaBella's Avatar
    I'm often in jeans and either a t-shirt or nice top. Jeans do show off curves quite well, at least for me. And I want to feel comfortable. I've sometimes called it "Cape Cod Lesbian Casual."
    Sirena Rivera
    "Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing." - Theodor S. Geisel

Crossdresser-At-Large BillieAnneJean's Avatar
    I always dress appropriately for my projected age and for the occasion. What this usually means is I present in a classy manner.

I go OUT enfemme every time I am dressed. Almost entirely in the general population frequented venues, shopping, restaurants. My goal is to blend in. The GPs don't know what I am exactly if they look closely, but one thing is certain. I am an ambasatrix for the trans and the whole LGBTQ population. I know this because nearly every time I am OUT someone stops me and asks probing but polite questions about myself and their cousin, neighbor, co-worker, uncle, son, friend. I end up helping people I may never know.

Dressing to blend in is also a safety item. Looking like what I am trying to get them to believe means that if they figure it out, if it takes just 8 seconds, they will miss thir phone or lose interest. If they don't know for sure that I am a CDer, if there is any chance that I might be a woman, they will be cautious about confronting or upsetting me. It is still culturally unacceptable to upset a woman. If they do say something I react in exactly the manner a woman I am projecting would react.

If they have to think about it to decide, I have already won.

Besides our Group, The Grand Illusions has an IN meeting when we can dress any way we want as long as it is in good taste. We have an OUTing for those able and willing to blend in.

FUN!

I definitely don't dress sexy. But I wouldn't really call it normal either. Where I live, it's pretty uncommon to see women (or men for that matter) put effort into their appearance. Everybody looks about the same. I can't remember the last time I saw someone other than me wear a skirt to a place other than church. My style, whether I'm crossdressing or not, is something I put a lot of effort into. I know I don't blend in. I get comments on my appearance all the time, and not all of then are positive. But putting effort into my appearance every day makes me feel happy and confident, so I'd much rather continue to do so and stand out than to stop and look just as bland as everyone else in town.

I don't have a "daytime" look.. I'm wearing fitted bodycon or flared dresses even in the daytime. Usually pretty strong eyeliner and shadow. I have about 30 pairs of heels, one pair of flat sandals, and one pair of sneakers.

I tried to tone it down a bit in my earlier days, but I found that I felt more uncomfortable. After I embraced "being me" rather than trying to "be a girl," everything came into place.

Although I do live in Los Angeles, and it's not uncommon to go to a boring shopping mall at noon and see a GG completely turning it out in a cocktail dress and awesome makeup. My day looks really don't stand out that much here.

"A glass of wine anytime" rachaelsloane's Avatar
    Allison,
    I've been going out in SF all around for almost 5 years now and find myself dressing down from when I first went out. I wore a lot of dresses and skirts and the occasional pair of jeans, but now it's been more jeans and legging outfits. The most sexiest outfit is the one I wore (Avatar pic) last year to a formal event, otherwise I dress to be comfortable. I'm usually complemented on what I wearing so I must be doing something right.
    Rachael
    " I love the life I live and I live the life I love"

In our area, you rarely see combed hair, makeup...basically plain/sloppy. So, I'm forced to dress to blend in. I do "push the envelop" occasionally with a little more eye makeup and lipstick. After dark, I wear hose and yes, they draw attention...especially from guys. I wear low heels. Women rarely smile or make eye contact. I'd like to think they feel bad for looking so bad. I find this frustrating, but it is what it is. My wife agrees.

Aspiring Member
    Normal for me. Dresses, skirts, pantyhose, leggings, skinny jeans, blouses, tops.

I have a very small fem wardrobe. I prefer dresses/skirts. It's about being (& feeling) feminine not necessarily sexy for me.

Silver Member
    Where I live, it's seems like the women never wear a dress, and a skirt only occasionally. The only time you'll see a woman in a dress is at a formal event or an upscale restaurant. In this environment, anyone in a skirt gets noticed, especially a man my size. So when I want to be out dressed up, I do, but I generally do it in a low key way. Typically, I'm in a dark, knee length skirt, top and black cardigan and my favorite mini wedges. So, for mall shopping, I'm already out of the ordinary, but not in any extreme way.

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    Thanks for the responses so far. As for me, I'm not really into much other than being comfortable. For me, that's tennis shoes/flats, jeans/skirts, t-shirts. Then again, I don't leave the house in full Allison mode. For me, about the only time I'm in heels and a sexy outfit, is when the wife is feeling frisky.

I really need to learn make up skills, as I intend to do Diva Las Vegas someday!

When I first started dressing back in the early 90's I started with the "streetwalker" look but quickly realized that wasn't the image I wanted to project. I threw that stuff out and bought clothing that could be worn in public, nothing frumpy looking but rather stylish and attractive.

I guess my answer is similar to most of the others in that it depends on the occasion. However, my favorite is to dress sl*tty. I love short skirts, low cut tight tops, sheer stockings and high heels. If this is sl*tty then sign me up!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eva Bella View Post
    I tried to tone it down a bit in my earlier days, but I found that I felt more uncomfortable.
    I have posted that idea several times over the years, using very close to your very words. I make up and dress very much over-the-top, and that's my style. Given the choice of toning it down to go out and blend or dressing home alone OTT, I stay home and dress my way. I have taken a third choice several times - going to a tg-friendly club where my look was ignored or even appreciated. I'm very happy to dress up alone without expectation to conform to anyone's fashion rules but mine. It's about me, my girly stuff, and my mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    I'm very happy to dress up alone without expectation to conform to anyone's fashion rules but mine. It's about me, my girly stuff, and my mirror.
    Words to live by. Couldn't have put it any more succinctly than that.

I dress sexy at home. When I go out, I dress normal, so I don't stand out too much. But I still wear 3 or 4 inch heels.

I generally dress attractively, but not provocatively. I usually wear skirts and dresses, but I generally avoid low necklines or dresses that are more than an inch or two above the knees.

When I started wearing and buying womens clothes, I always bought sexy, because thats how I wanted to look. Now I'm buying more regular clothes to try to blend in as Im trying to get out of the house

Hey Allison,

Sexy women exude sensuousness no matter what they wear. Certainly an occasion can be enhanced by dressing more provocatively which might be normal for that situation and a lot of fun. Personally I always dress appropriately for the occasion, no matter what.

Jeri

I recently went to a CD TG group meeting and I was dressed in a tight skirt, black hose, 4" pumps, and a sheer black top. Lipstick , Eye shadow, makeup and big hair with lots of jewelry. What a shocker. the gurls there were dressed normal. blouses pants, jeans, sandals, boots, etc.... I stood out like sore thumb and everyone stopped talking when I walked in and just looked at me. IT was pretty crazy, but exhiliarating. They were all very supportive.... My biggest fear was being pulled over during the 20 minute ride to my hotel.....

Definitely more on the sexy side for me.. All I own is sexy lingerie (2 drawers full of it), a half closet of miniskirts, very short dresses and sexy tops and another drawer full of sexy costumes- ballet tutus, a French Maid outfit, etc. Everything I have is probably completely inappropriate for someone of my age and weight, but I never leave the house while dressed and my wife is fine with it.