Thread: Two awesome moments that made my day yesterday

Aspiring Member

Two awesome moments that made my day yesterday

I had two pretty emotional moments yesterday that were truly affirming. Both came from family members who've been accepting but these small little events really hit home just how unconditional their acceptance is.

The first occurred when my youngest son (13) and I were on the way home from dinner. I don't remember what I even said as we were chatting, but it was something to the effect of "I'm a man that prefers to have an organized garage". My son's response almost made me cry, he said "Except you're a woman so what you just said isn't true. You're a woman who prefers and organized garage".

The second occurred later on when I was having a Facebook messenger conversation with my mom. As we were wrapping up she said "Ok let me know. Luv ya Alyssa". Now I hadn't told her yet that I had chosen Alyssa as my name nor had I asked her to start using it. Apparently, she found out from my sister what I had chosen and just went with it. I did cry that time. My mom, while supportive, has been having some difficulty in dealing with the "loss" of her son. So this was a huge moment to have her fully accept it and call me by my chosen name.

Congratulations! You appear to be one of the blessed ones. But I believe you reap what you sow.. Good for you...hon!

Wow. Good events! The Mom one has me tearing up.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

acceptance is a wonderful feeling. I'm happy for you you!

Happy, happy, Alyssa!! Sometimes its small things that mean the most!

Hugs, Bria

Banned Spammer
    The mum one is nice but for me it's the teen boy that is the deal sealer!

A teen boy!

Your mum is older and wise enough to know that they love their child no matter who they are but a teen is in a stage of their life where they hate almost everything (lol we have all been there) and to hear him say "yeah but you're a woman" is freaking amazing!
    That's true acceptance there!
    I am sure he will be a pain in the backside about it for the next...oh I dunno...eight years or so but that's awesome!

I can only imagine how happy you feel. I got just a tiny thing the other day that is small by comparison to your moments.
    I checked into a Sleep Inn in Harrisonburg, Va. the other day, presenting as Heidi. I used the chains' loyalty club to make reservations, where I'm listed as a male. The checkout report has Ms. Instead of Mr. on the intro. Just that little act made me feel good, so I know you feel great!
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

Heidi -- that's an awesome act of support! As I read it, someone took the effort to do that for you and did not look for a pat on the head -- they were just doing what they thought was right.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Aspiring Member
    Heidi, that is awesome and by no means a small moment. That's huge, so happy for you!!

That is supper of your son to say!!! That goes to show that kids are aware of their surroundings and every little detail in them. It seems as we grow into adults we take the simplest things for granted and make some of the most simplest things into big ordeals. Kids take life how it appears to them in every day existence. Got to love their honesty

Having one moment in life is trimindouse but two!!! WOW!!! I'm so happy for you AlyssaJ Take these moments as keepsakes for they happen not nearly enough. Once again I am so very pleased to here these comforts of your joy

Have a wonderful day AlyssaJ

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

It's the little things that seem to make the difference.

You should also congratulate yourself and your SO on your parenting. Your son is accepting because he has been taught all his life, by word and example, to be respectful of others. Well done, mom!

WOW that is beautiful, so happy for you Alyssa!