Thread: First "real" meeting with my therapist!

First "real" meeting with my therapist!

Yesterday my long time therapist met Donna for the first time. Went wonderfully, I'm still walking on air. Excited and encouraged, as much was discussed and my therapist now has a greater understanding about me. Will continue attending sessions whenever I can as the real, genuine me!

Good for you Donna! I can sense your excitement about having that as an outlet.

Lauren
    Lauren Nicole DeHart
    Call me Nikki

Sounds good, I always went to therapy dressed, it just made it so much better!! Jaymee
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    I think going to a counseling session dressed can be an important step, I think when we allow ourselves to not be ashamed
    of this part of oneself makes it easy to be open an honest.
    While I'm not currently going to one I too went dressed a couple of times and it did seem to free me to be more comfortable with my counselor

oh my god girl, i thought you fell off the planet.....so glad you feel good about it.
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Platinum Member
    That's a big step towards self acceptance!

That's such a great thing and wonderful to hear that it went well. I went through therapy some years ago, but I wasn't in the best frame of mind to mention that I dressed. It would be very different if I went through it all again; I really regret not mentioning it.