Thread: Went for broke, and it paid off in spades.

Went for broke, and it paid off in spades.

I just got back from a trip to visit a friend of 20 + years for my Birthday this past Sunday.

My friend has been very accepting of me from the time he found out from a mutual friend of ours that I am Trans. Let's call him Chief. (Simply because he is the Vice Chief of his tribe now.)

I wasn't real happy about this other friend spilling the beans, but that's how the cookie crumbles sometimes.

Anyway; Chief and I have been trying to set up a time for me to come visit him, and things just didn't work out until this past weekend, just so we could catch up.

Chief had a Pow Wow he had to go to and sell some of his crafts, so I told him I would meet up with him at the Pow Wow to help out at his stand and we could spend some extra time catching up before we convoyed to his place In Louisiana.

On Saturday, I had a child that was buying one of his kids bows ask me a simple kids question.
    The child asked, "Ma'am, why do you sound like a man?" it was such an innocent question, he made me smile. I almost laughed.

Without missing a beat I responded, "Sweetie, it just happens that way sometimes."

And the little boy just carried on and had the time of his life with his new bow and arrow.

I just couldn't believe the level of acceptance I received this weekend. He did give me something for my Birthday. But, the acceptance I received was the most precious Birthday gift any girl could ask for.

Just as a disclaimer. The kids bows and arrow we were selling were made from some PVC pipe, and a wooden dowel with a pencil eraser. Totally kid safe. No kids, adults, or animals were harmed. Except in the imaginations of those children playing with their new toys.

While at the Pow Wow, Chief gave me a special gift for my bravery and a Tribal name. My tribal name is Abatuclo. Which means Two Spirit.

He also convinced me that with my artisan skills, I should go into business making these kinds of things.

I have decided to include some pics of what I can do so you can see for yourselves what he's talking about.

All in all, I'm mind blown at how great my trip was.
    IMG_20170328_132759.jpgIMG_20170327_220456.jpgIMG_20170326_114511.jpgIMG_20170326_113707.jpgIMG_20170327_222249.jpg
    The source of fear is in the future
    And a person freed of the future
    Has nothing to fear

"That's life. It's not always rainbows and farts. Sometimes the farts have a little something extra." -Emma

Rock meet Hard Place.

Nice response to the young person. Your absence of defense essentially made everything normal. You do have a talent for those designs.