Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dose Cross-Dressing get us what we want?

You deserve to be treated better. Period. It breaks my heart to read your recent posts.

I would try everything in my power to get her into couple's counseling. If she refuses, I would calmly tell her; "Since you refuse to deal with this, I think we should take a time out for a week. It may be good to have some time apart". I would then use that time to 1) dress as much as you want 2) let her realize how much she needs you or 2) how happier she is without you. Either way as difficult as the road will be, you can move on with your life. With her or without her.

Please know that this is what I would do. Everyone's situation is different and mileage may vary as Ellen just said.

When I got up this morning and saw she did my laundry and folded everything as usual.
    I thought this was a good sign but was I wrong.

This morning she told me I was a freak and she wanted nothing do do with me anymore.

She said;
    I better behave or she'll out me to everyone and says my son will loose respect for me.
    Will be selling the house and going our own separate ways by the end of the summer.
    A man wanting to wear woman's clothes is not normal.

One thing that confuses me is that two months ago she found my 4" heels and didn't seem to take it that bad.
    And two weeks later I was playing my guitar and she hugged me and said I love you.
    Now she says seeing the hair brush and clip I left out was to much for her to envision me dressed up like grandma.

Some say I'm getting what I deserve.

Life is interesting!
    Last edited by Judy-Somthing; 03-31-2017 at 03:38 PM.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Judy, my first wife could do the day after day not talking trick and it was soul destroying. My wife now (22 years and counting) can't do the silent treatment for more than about 20 mins, which doesn't mean I'm not in the wrong sometimes, it just makes it easier to talk things through. I hate to be blunt, but either your wife needs to talk to you or you need a different wife. Life's too short for the silent treatment. Susan

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Sometime we're the hammer, sometimes the nail. Unless u wish to live as a nail u need to get your SO into counseling and work out a compromise. As I did with my ex.

Our counselor first went over my issues. I had been sucking up abuse from my ex for years. When I finally let it out? She couldn't handle me standing up for myself and we were done! U sound in a similar situation, Judy. So, your only options may be, "nail", or separation. Sorry!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    Judy,
    I have been in this situation, my wife's fear was how would our son react if he found out, through my counselling I bit the bullet and told him and he was fine about it. We had an in depth conversation, the only question he's posed recently is there something I'm not telling them when I stopped over at Carole's home. The only person that isn't too happy about the situation is my wife, my daughter defends me and they do have heated discussions . I have grasped the nettle and told people and shown my pictures, the more that happens the less the threat is of shaming you, what do you really have to be ashamed about ? This is part of the problem being buried in the closet, while you still do it you are admitting you are ashamed and feel guilty about it. I do feel you have been obsessive about buying clothes, but I urge you not to purge them, it's trying to satisfy her and it's gone beyond that now, and you are going to do more harm to yourself, because it's a loss you may not be able to handle at the moment.

The comment about looking like grandma is like all the other comments we get , it's their way of dealing with it , it's partly wishful thinking and partly hurtful putdowns. I would be very hurt being called a freak , I would go back at my wife for suggesting that.

I would suggest you take her up on talking about a separation , I found that is when the sensible talking starts and true values are put on the table , she realised how much she was going to miss my input, and we both realised how much we were going to hurt other people.

This conversation came up again only yesterday, she wants to down size and release some money to invest in rented property for an income and I want to own a cottage again possibly on the coast as a means of getting away. I am going to admit the first time all this came up I wanted it to happen now the subject has arisen again those feeling have returned. Lorileah's words do ring my ears, you don't know what you've lost until it happens, but we were only talking about separation but again I think it's a way of still controlling me and possibly deter me from finding a new partner.

No you don't deserve what you are receiving , none of us do, we are still good husbands, fathers and to me a grandfather, nothing has changed that and we are still capable of filling those roles if we have a partner who will let us .
    Last edited by Teresa; 04-07-2017 at 02:49 PM.

My wife knows nothing of my CD, and I don't really dress. The only thing I do is check in with this site. But, she can still be psychologically abusive when we get into fights, and go into that silent treatment. She hardly ever does it anymore. And, I've learned to call her on her coercive behavior, and manipulative ways. It's more like making each other more self-aware of what we are doing, and communicate our feelings and motivations of our behavior in real-time instead of letting it build. This has made life overall much better. I won't put up with manipulation and whining. If it comes to it, I'd rather live by myself, and put up the BS. All that said, I am also aware of my own participation in this tango, so I'm very introspective and I try to be fair. I talk about my own short-comings with her and apologize when I'm in the wrong (and I often am). We as people all have our own tender spots and certain things trigger those ancient injuries in us. The best thing we can do is be aware of ourselves and our vulnerabilities, and understand we will feel hurt from time to time that has its roots in how we were raised. Then, we can communicate those things to our spouse at the right times.

I do understand how wives can feel deeply deceived and not know what to do with facts that the man she married likes to dress and be womanly. It's probably equivalent to the feelings they would have if they found out you had an emotional and sexual relation with another woman. These are very sensitive areas. Good luck to you Judy. I hope you find a more tranquil life as soon as possible, whether that means your marriage continues, or not.

When I was growing up I heard..

Women want a man that is sensitive, that is a good earner, that can hold them, understand them, relate...true to the marriage , and honest. Through better or worse, until death yada yada yada...I have seen some examples but to be honest the power has shifted in the last few decades from man control to women. It should be 50/50. I find it sad, it would be nice that no matter what people stayed together, worked hard at their marriage and lived Happy ever after...maybe I am a hopeless romantic but I find it sad...
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

indeed Judy, Ask her and talk with her, Communication is the most important thing between couples. She should respond and if she doesn't respond she does not want to be in the relationship. It iis not about control. And if you cannot communicate with her and let your feelings known. Then it is over and big time over. Some people need processing time though.

So talk with her.
    Part Time Girl

Judy like many others here am sorry, upset and emotional over reading your later posts.
    Your early contributions to the forum were one of the triggers to signing up. To read of the emotional turmoil of the reality for some that are honest in their being is truly distressfull. Whether your marriage is truly over or not remains to play out "you better behave or not", could apply to the end or conditions that you can't forefill, either way protect yourself from the impending financial and legal storm. As of now document all conversations either via journal or recording. Prepare to be outed, separate all cards from your responsibility (no more joint accounts). Existing loans, lines of credit dual signature only, lawyers to be appraised. DO NOT lose your cool never threaten, remove all sentimental items and securely store elsewhere. While the comments might of been to make you toe her line be aware very rarely do males in our position come off equally in settlement situations. IF it is the end REMOVE all EMOTIONS from the task become extremely analytical and cold(not hard)
    Don't give in to unfair divisions.
    Once again very upset when this happens please don't be a poor victim
    gina shiney

I am transgender. In a perfect world I would transition without any personal or career issues. Does crossdressing get me what I want? No. It does help though.

These days men are still expected to "man up", hold in feelings, be macho, earn bucket loads of money and be handy around the house, basically all the usual stereotype from 50 years ago. Yet women are no longer always expected to do old fashion women stuff, which is great for women, but all very biased, unfair, sexist. It always gets on my nerve to hear "he's no longer the man I married" just because of a few pieces of fabric.
    Swottie

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    Give her time,12 days is not enough.
    I'm just saying ,what do I know ?

Judy, I feel for you and am praying for you. This is a very difficult time as you and your wife are wrestling with some very significant emotions. Trying to figure this out and wishing you didn't have to deal with it. As you well know there is not a choice here. This needs to be worked through. I know it can seem like you will never get to the other side of this but you will. There is no problem that you don't eventually get to the other side of. As you work through this think about other very significant issues you have had and worked through in both your work and personal life. Think about those where you ended up in a better place than you started. Trust that you will get there. i agree with what many have said here. Don't get emotional. Stay calm. Go forward.
    Last edited by Staci; 04-03-2017 at 08:15 PM.

I don't post often, but I read the vast majority of what goes up here. There is a lot of wisdom on these forums. Your posts, Judy, are always among the most intelligent and balanced. I wish I could offer sage advice. The best I have is simply that your happiness matters.

Best of luck to you, come what may.
    Genni

Teresa, I agree with you. There is no choice in being a CD. You have to accept that fact and live with the consequences.

What everybody get dressing is personal. I mean is dufferent. I do. I'm so happy when I do it.
    But what calls my attention in your post Judy, Is the 12 days of silence.
    I'd like to know an update, did she finally talk to you, what happened?
    About that, I understand silence. Women thinks so much things, especially when you husband tells you he's crossdresser, What is that? you're gay? bisexual?
    My wife was crying and upset for three days but in those three daya I always tried to explain myself.
    Misunderstandings are huge destroyers of relationships, so it's been a year and I keep trying to understand and make her understand a little bit more. it silence is abuse.
    If she insist I don't see reason. to be married with someone that ignores you.
    For me Vanessa is real and I can't bury her, she will be buried when I be buried and for sure she will keep existing on people that knows her.
    Last edited by Devi SM; 04-07-2017 at 11:37 AM.
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

Aspiring Member
    [QUOTE=Judy-Somthing;4081521]I love to dress up like a woman and always have since about 5.

Like a lot of us CDers I ask why do I like it so much?

I think at least for me it's that when I see a woman that I'm attracted to I would love to be with her.
    And in reality even if your dating or married to a woman what you get is all in her control, not yours.

When your dressed it's all in in your control.

My wife doesn't let me control her at all, no lingerie no dresses. OK it's her life!

What about my life, she can do what she wants but I can't.

Now that I've been open to her and told her everything she hasn't spoken to me in 12 days.

My wife has known for years that I love women's
    clothes
    The only time it is brought up is when she really gets mad at me. Women are a different breed. Sometimes in my opinion they can get mad for the silliest things. I have been dressing in secret for many years. I wish she would allow it. I have come to the conclusion that cd is just a part of me.I see no real harm. I don't drink, smoke, do drugs or chase women. Dressing is just an outlet that makes me feel good and helps me relax
    Last edited by Kendra Sue; 04-07-2017 at 12:37 PM.

Well now four weeks later she talking to me and things seem almost normal.
    At this point we're living like room mates.
    Dressing is on hold, for how long is unknown.

She said she could imagine what I look like dressed and how could I possibly enjoy seeing myself in the mirror.

For a second I thought of showing her a photo but then thought it might be a bad idea.

They say time heals all wounds, I'm hoping.
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!

Banned Read only
    Judy,
    I showed my old avatar picture once sometime ago , no it wasn't a good idea !

The comment about seeing yourself in the mirror suggest she still hasn't grasped what the dressing really means to you. Most women check themselves out in the mirror we are bound to do the same dressed . If you're going out it would be stupid not to, something basic like the back of your skirt accidentally tucked inside your knickers , maybe a hemline that's come down or showing a slip .

I hate to say this but you still have so much to reveal before you come to terms with it, silence and not dressing may work for a while but it's only papering over the cracks . You are only waiting for things to calm down before attempting to be Judy again, I can assure you it doesn't get any easier with age .

Time doesn't totally heal, she is hoping she has got her own way and the threats she made have put an end to it . Judy please be honest with yourself and accept you have a need that has to be satisfied, it isn't going away even if you have purged every last stitch . My dressing need is 24/7 so I'm passed by thinking it's ever going to stop .
    Last edited by Teresa; 04-07-2017 at 04:22 PM.

Aspiring Member
    Judy,
    Now's as good as time as any to consider counseling. It will give both of you a chance to discuss what your feeling, it's not easy but it can be helpful. Look for someone who specializes in gender counseling, it will definitely help get the basics out there for both of you. Just my 2 cents.

M...

I second what MarisaRose said. Counseling right now is a very good idea. If possible, find someone that is an LCMFT(Licensed Clinical Marriage and Family Therapist). They have specialized "family systems" training that other licenses don't require. Going by your wife's behavior, this goes so much deeper than crossdressing. From the extremely limited amount of information you've shared here, it's impossible to ascertain what the real situation is in your home. And nor should this forum be the place to share such details. You have a serious situation that I feel would greatly benefit from qualified professional help.

I disagree with counselling in a way at least yes go down that route in the end, but first you must have an open and frank talk with your wife, explain what it all means to you, why you do it. I discovered from a Doctor friend of mine that being CD or anything else within the LGBT spectrum is NOT down to choosing it is down genetics when we were first conceived and how we turn out depends of the gradation of the genetics.
    So dressing will never leave you but I repeat you must talk with your wife, living in silence will in a way only lead down that road that not everybody wants. There has to be a way out for this situation. My thoughts are with you in this time.

I think she's realizing that nothing has really changed.
    She went out of her way this morning to say "see you latter, honey" before she left for work.

Why do I CD? It's FUN! plane and simple.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Coming out to your wife, when you have a long term relation ship already, is always going to be hard. My wife and I had been together for several years when my wife finally realised I was a CD and we discussed it properly. They were difficult times. We agreed to go to counselling together etc. Any way we are still together 30+ years later and enjoying life.

It is fun that's for sure, just try not to be too selfish. My wife appreciates the things we enjoy together and the stability our relation ship brings. She therefore accepts my dressing, but I now understand, will never understand why I dress. Good Luck.
    Last edited by Jane G; 04-09-2017 at 03:43 AM.