Thread: Travel Question re: Forms

Travel Question re: Forms

Hi! Apologies if there's a thread out there or if this is the wrong sub area, but I'm at work and posting this quickly.

I may have a travel opportunity in the next week or so that will present the option of extended time out and about. Air travel as Andrea is out of the question (it's a work trip) but I will have extended time while in the area to explore. Having never traveled with forms packed in my luggage, I was curious as to the best option. If I go carry-on, will the forms raise suspicion with the x-ray screening tech?

I don't think they would but I could see that the suitcase might be opened and examined and might provoke a few smiles. I'm really not qualified to answer this though. I know I've read on here of some flying with them so surly someone can tell you.

This question has come up a number of times. The usual collective wisdom is that you can put them in your carry-on and TSA will handle it just fine.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

I put mine in checked bags 1 time got a note that they had been inspected by the TSA
    hugs
    Ronda

I put my forms in my checked luggage. I frequently get a note that TSA opened the bag. This tends to happen at smaller airports, never at larger ones. The TSA agents also find skirts, dresses, frilly blouses, high heels, wigs, and lots of female underwear. Not to mention my makeup kit. I'm sure they never suspect a thing.

I flew last week. In my small town airport I got paged to give the key to TSA. At least they didn't cut the locks. Flying back from Vegas, the bag didn't get searched. I'm assuming they saw the forms on the x-ray and didn't know what they were, either that or the CPAP machine looked funny to them.

I do passenger screening for a living in australia and as others have said, if you put it in your checked bag (assuming you have checked baggage) then you shouldn't have a problem.

Last time I flew for an extended trip, I dlew in boy mode, because girl mode was way too complicated. I packed my forms in my carry-on, fully expecting to face additional screening, and I was not disappointed. But, TSA was very professional about it..

I could see my bag going back and forth through the X-Ray, so I just quietly told the TSA agent that I had breast forms in my bag. Before I could even ask, he asked me if I wanted a private screening, which I did, naturally. So we went to a private room, and I got out whatever he wanted to look at. I had a lot of fashion jewelry packed in addition to the breast forms. After showing him everything he wanted to see, he allowed me to re-pack my bag in the private room. He had to have known what was up, but he didn't ask, and I didn't tell, and I didn't care one way or the other.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Silver Member
    I use to fly every week or more. I either wore my chiclets or packed them in my checked baggage. Never really had a problem. Had lots of "searched" notes in my checked bags. Only one time did I get a "look what I found" on anything was when a woman TSA agent went through my cosmetic case. She didn't say anything, but she gave me some dirty looks. So What.

Andrea,

I just did this a few weeks ago. I flew from PA back to Colorado (with one plane change in between), fully dressed en femme. It was a fantastic experience. Eager to do it again, and I may never fly in drab again.
    I have homemade foam rubber hip pads; not pretty but they really work well and feel good. Of course I was wearing them for travel in a skirt, blouse and sweater ensemble, and waltzed right through security with no TSA problems or embarrassments. Even after the TSA agent waved me through (with obvious male ID card and name on ticket); I came back to re-engage with her to ask if my pads would be detected or cause a stir at the x-ray machine. She politely and discreetly answered that it would be no problem.
    If my pads didn't set off alarms while mounted on my body, they should not be an issue in your valise.
    Good luck and good travels, KCMO. (Thinking of coming through the old hometown on my way to the Katy Trail this fall. Hmmmmmmm.)
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Andrea,

If you are travelling with your work companions, then put them in the your checked baggage. I assume you would want to avoid the agent opening your carry on within ear shot of your work companions, pulling out a pair of forms, and asking you what is this before they open it. The on time I put them in my carry on, when asked, I just said something like a pair of boobies. He looked inside and said yup and closed the carry on and waved me through.