Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: High heels

High heels

Who likes high heels?
    Now do you like them with a platform or not?
    And how high?

Me I like about a 4 to 5 inch without a platform.

Aspiring Member
    Who doesn't like high heels? I can walk in 4" but still refer 2.5" to 3". I also have a thing for pumps.
    Sara

I typically wear between 2½-4 inches in my heel. My boyfriend doesn't like me being taller than him ;-) . I just bought these beauties...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The longer I walk down this road I call a journey, the more I realize that it's not about passing or not passing. It's about being true to myself and being able to look in the mirror and say to my reflection... "Perfect"

Three inch is my limit, but wish I could wear the 5 inch ones.

I have some 3" wedge boots. I like them so far

:Most of what I have are 3". I have found as I get older, now just over 70, it has gotten harder to put on to many miles walking. My favorite pair is a nice pair of brown, 3" Candies, super comfortable. I have walked and worn these in Vegas for several hours. I did try a pair of 5" years ago but no walking in those baby's. I have to have pumps, hate open toed. At about 10 pair and that's probably enough. I have found that guess is nice and Kelly & Kate, all from DSW, super selection.

High heels are my hot button. Pumps, platforms, stiletto heels are my favorite. I like platforms but not the ridiculously high ones, 1 1/2 - 2" tops, depending on the style. (although I would love to get, for play, an outrageous pair with maybe a 4" platform and 8" stiletto heel)
    Right now I am wearing a pair of boots with a 4" block heel. The only high heels my wife will reluctantly accept. I can walk in a 4" heel, but it is about my limit. I would like to buy something a bit higher and see if I can work my way into them. I know a few years back when I started wearing heels a 3" heel was a killer, but I would buy something taller and eventually I could walk in them. A 3" heel for me today is not big deal, like walking in flats.

Love heels. I have seven pairs of various heel heights. My favorites are gladiator style with a 3" heel and a vinyl red boot with black flames and a 4" heel. I've been ut in public in heels three times and all three times I've struggled a bit. Much easier after losing some weight though.

I love them, and I can even dance well in heels, but I find I am wearing them less and less, as I copy what the GG's among my friends tend to wear when we go out for casual social fun. Few GG's wear heels today, outside of a formal setting. Still, I do enjoy wearing them when I go out to a nice restaurant, or when I am going to a fancy dance.

The stiletto high heels or tall heeled boots that I enjoy most have a 3" to 4" difference between the heel and the front platform. So 4" heels with no platform, or maybe a 5" heel with a 1" platform works well for me. I think my most extreme ones that I find at all practical have 6" heels and a 2" platform. Most of mine have no platform or only a minimal platform, as I am 5' 10" in my stocking feet, and the extra height only makes me even further above the heads of my peers.

What girl doesn't love a cute sexy pair of heels. I'm personally a 4 inch stiletto girl. I wear them more than my wife. Love the feel of them the sound they make clicking on the ground. Just thinking of it I can't wait to get home from work and slip on my pink stilettos and cute multi colored dress.

Banned Read only
    Kathy,
    I prefer heels because they complement dresses and skirts better, legs have a nicer shape even small heels can have that effect, my max is 4" after that it becomes inelegant , my comfort zone is about 3" . I have platform wedges but they are still waiting in their box for the right event to come along, at 5' 7" I can take a platform but most of mine are normal heels. I'm taking more care now when driving since I went back to a manual gearshift so I wear low wedges to drive in , I would hate to cause and accident by wearing heels.

Silver Member
    I usually wear 3" - 4" heels, though I'd like to wear even higher heels more often. The taller the better, if I can manage it.

As far as added height goes, I have no concerns. Tall women are fabulous!

I love wearing 5 inch Stilettos with out platform, I hate platforms they look so stupid in my opinion and look so weird. but I love wearing high heels they make me feel so feminine and I love walking in them.

I love my heels, who doesnt i guess ��
    Usually i wear 3" pumps cause that feels about right for me, however if im wearing my boots i can go 4" quite comfortably

Junior Member Misty Rae Pleasure's Avatar
    Yes, yes and yes. I definitely have a thing for high heels as both a male and a pretty girl. I remember vividly buying my first set of heels and how I couldn't wait to get home to see how they felt and looked on me. High heels makes me walk like a lady and therefore gives me that feminine feeling I desire. Lately I can't get enough of platforms with 6" to 7" inch heels even though I am not the shortest. Boots - I love them (best not get me started) all colors, platforms or no platforms. So much for the short answer.

Lady Pleasure

Banned Spammer
    Hi ladies,
    A question about heels.
    I am quite tall. 5'11" and well, heels and me seem...I dunno...a bit much?

Are any of you lovlies tall and wear heels?

My favourite heels are just over 3" without platform. I have worn them all day, at home, without any discomfort.

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    I love heels, i usually wear 4-5in and sometimes 6in.

I'll have be a Nay Sayer.
    I'm already at 6' so 1/2" heeled sandals and Flats are in my comfort zone.
    I've even had the heels on my riding boots cut down to about 3/4".
    My bright Orange thongs (flip flops) go well with my Mauve nails though.

So even though I like to stand out, I'm going to stay under 6'1" ( Unless I become a Drag Queen that is! )

Stacy
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Me, about 2 to 4 inches without a platform.

I don't need to attract attention or twist my ankles.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I love high heels! 3-5 inches without a platform is my comfort zone. Although I have some 6 inch stilettos that always go on first after a long dry spell in drab.

I stand 5-foot-10 and favor 3-inch heels or 2 1/2. Tall? I see many GG's my height or better. And I don't care. I'll wear my heels anyhow!
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Silver Member
    I'm over 6ft tall in my pantyhose, so there's no way I need the extra height. But I'm in love with how a nice pair of heels make my legs look longer and my feet look smaller. I have shoes in all different heights from 2 to 5 inches. I'm most comfortable wearing 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 inch heels. Over 4" I find its getting a bit hard to walk, unless they fit close enough that my feet don't move around in the heel. In that case, though, they are so tight I can't wear them for very long. But as we all know, they look so awesome it's sometimes worth the discomfort, as long as we have a decent amount of time to let our feet recover!!!

A very wise friend/fashion guru told me to take along a second pair of lower, more comfortable shoes when I go out. That way, I have an escape when my feet start crying out for help.

I love my 4" heels!! I would wear them all day everyday if I had the chance..

SometimesKari, I am 5' 10", and close to 5' 11" tall. I also have a 40D-36-44 figure, so I'm roughly the right proportions, just 'scaled up' from the average girl.

I'm certainly taller than all of the GG's I hang out with, but I just wear my heels when I feel like it, and don't worry. Heck, when I was in college I dated a GG girl who was 6' 1" tall! And I have been friends with other girls who were as tall as 6' 4". So you and I aren't really any taller than the natural high end for girls.

The first time I went to a nice restaurant fully en-femme, and wearing 4" stiletto heels, the hostess who seated me was 5' 11" in flats herself, and she complemented my shoes and then she said enthusiastically, "I just love it when a tall girl wears heels!" She went on to say that the only reason she wasn't wearing heels at work was that their dress code required flats. I frequently get complements from GG's on my shoes, when I am wearing heels.

When I am out en-femee, I just accept that I am a 'big girl', and I rock it. When I tell people what to look for when they meet me, I often say, "I'll probably be one of the tallest girls in the room." So I say, "Own it and enjoy it!"