Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Doing work around the house

Doing work around the house

Last week I had to do a tough physical job on the outside of our house. It took me a couple of hours of quite hard physical labor. I had a lot of time to think whilst completing this unpleasant but necessary task. My thoughts were that I really do not enjoy being outside doing physical labor, i would have been much happier doing the washing or the ironing.

I have been gifted with acceptable handyman skills and can find my way around a toolbox, but I really do not enjoy that kind of thing at all and never have. I really do enjoy cooking and don't mind washing dishes or even cleaning... yes yes i know these are gender stereotypes but I have never enjoyed the traditional mens jobs even before Becky emerged.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Hi Becky,
    When i actually get a day off and wifey is working i will do the housework dressed, when she arrives home she knows emma had been busy.
    Although she has met Emma many times i dont push her onto the wife, so im always back to male mode to greet her.

So I've read your post a few times Bec and I'm not feeling your passion today.
    Passion as in, We cook so that we can eat beautiful food and We wash and iron so that we can look immaculate.
    I carry the passion for everything around me to look beautiful. So whether I'm Washing the outside of the house, manicuring the garden, doing the maintenance work or just polishing my letterbox, I can find some enjoyment in it as I know that the end result will be beautiful.
    Just what's in my head today!

Maybe I'm OCD as well as CD!

OCD CD Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Becky,
    I tend to multitask and sometimes it is not practical to function well as a woman.

I then cheat a little and finish the task.

I understand that you do not like hard physical labour so maybe you can find a way round it.

At least you have the requsite skills, so turn them into an advantage sometime. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    I'm a home owner who is banging away on a computer right by the window overlooking the backyard. Ugh! Heavy physical labor is staring me in the face. The other day it was weeding some flower gardens on my hands and knees. I'm getting too old for that crap. I have a to-do list that includes projects that have been on the to-do list for several years. Aging is a literal pain.

Anyway, when my wife is working I enjoy the "June Cleaver" look. I do not own a single pair of women's pants...nada, zip, It's a pretty dress, bra and panty, slip, hosiery, three inch heels, wig and one of my retro bib aprons. If my wife is working outside the home, then it's Stephanie vacuuming, washing and ironing, baking and meal preparation, arranging the pantry, cleaning out the refrigerator. Of course, there is always ample time to take my breakfast in the backyard, weather permitting. Frankly, I'd rather be doing all those domestic chores in a nice condo with an outside terrace.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I'm with you Becky, I really don't look forward to any DIY jobs, especially ones that involve anything dirty, but when dressed I'm quite happy to push the hoover around, wash the dishes, cook a meal, that sort of thing.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Banned Read only
    Becky,
    Join the club !!

The problem I have is being too competent in DIY, In my spare time I've extended two homes , and helped with numerous other projects and given much of my time up to helping my children with renovating their homes. Many people have profited from my input but I'm afraid that is almost behind me now . I no longer get excited by the new tool catalogues , I have told my family this now but my wife isn't listening she just keeps pushing. I know it's partly to prevent me from CDing, still trying to prove she's married to a man , she keeps volunteering my help to her friends. I know I have to find the effort from somewhere to bring my home up to scratch for a possible move or downsize, but there is some reluctance on my part because to me that is crunch time, it may be the point when we go our different ways, we have discussed this more than once but she promises me it's not the case, call me cynical but ..............!

Becky you're going to enjoy this comment, loving the household chores ( as I do ) is a common trait of AGP, being seen to be a woman doing women's work , dressed in a pretty pinafore !
    Last edited by Teresa; 04-04-2017 at 01:06 PM.

New Member from Scotland paulinescotlandcd's Avatar

Diy

Yes, I am reasonably competent in the DIY department as well and all self taught. I recall buying a DIY book in the late 70's when out first house was a complete refurb job. Now everything is on the net from laying slabs to rewiring a house. I am a bit of a fidget so I really can't sit for very long and when dressed I like to do something. House work is fine but given my over the top type of dressing it is not always practical to clean etc in 4 inch heels.6948715210_7600d82102_o.jpg4887701366_57de40f7ac_o.jpg

Hi Rebecca
    Guess I am a little bit different. I do enjoy the opportunity to work outside. Especially when I get the courage to do it as Paula. I never differentiated between "gender specific" tasks. She will cook, clean, fix the car, or shovel snow on the driveway.. It doesn't matter what the task is.. It's always more fun to be the person I was born to be 👸

Never was mechanically inclined! I have a female friend at work who does everything at home(fix the car or whatever!) and her hubby calls her the man in the house! No, I think he is just lazy not CD! LOL Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    I've always enjoyed being a tool user. And, there's practically nothing that I can't build or fix. I save thousand's of dollars doing my own repairs, renovations and installations.
    And, with all of the extra $$ I buy stuff that I really like.

Like housekeeper uniforms.

2367p.JPG
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Banned Read only
    From living as one, I know men are useless so a girl's gotta look out for and after herself. I only find there are good jobs and shit jobs and it's the people and perks rather than the activity that make or break it. I have mostly done manual work. Since coming out, I'm so far good to wear what I want in the house so I've started working out at home. Nothing better than heavy deadlifts and squats in your own most comfortable self - much better than hoovering and another excuse to stand in front of a mirror.

Aspiring Member
    When my SO is away or out of the house I will quite willingly do the house work and cooking en femme, and have also done internal decorating en femme as well.

Vikky
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adventure before dementia

I love doing chores en femme.

I really try to fix what I can because I'm basically cheap. I prefer jobs in the house, painting, appliance repair, car repair etc. I hate anything involving a shovel. I do prefer to do the routine cleaning dressed in something casual and have had to replace a few things just from wear and tear.
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

Some of your posts above made me LOL, thanks girls

Stacy, you are right your not feeling my passion i prefer hanging washing to gardening for example but I don't really love it lol

Teresa of course AGP fits as my theory is its a theory built around known behavior

Carla, I would have imagined that you toppled over on your face a few times in that outfit..
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

I am an auto-mechanic by trade, so tools and their related jobs came sort of naturally to me. Except for the major addition to my house last year I have done all of the other renovations. Like Carla, I enjoy using my skills and talents. However, working like that in guy mode does tend to push femme thoughts/feelings away, but then most of my femme clothing isn't really practical for those jobs .

I've also taken care of the housework/household in both of my marriages. When I lived at home my parents sort of pushed off my younger siblings on me, so running a household just...became one of my skills.

I'm down with you ladies that don't like yardwork...I hate it!! Digging, gardening, tree or grass trimming, I simply wish my yard was all green concrete.
    In between the bright lights and the far, unlit unknown...

I'm a professional horticulturist and LOVE anything that requires a shovel to do. The art of digging- that's my thing. But that and retaining walls or tile work or whatever put me in male mode in a good way- I don't want to be dressed or feel any conflict with my maleness while working. But when I stop working, all I want is to change into a short light dress and change modes completely.
    We are all beautiful...!

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JustJoni View Post
    I am an auto-mechanic by trade, so tools and their related jobs came sort of naturally to me. Except for the major addition to my house last year I have done all of the other renovations. Like Carla, I enjoy using my skills and talents. However, working like that in guy mode does tend to push femme thoughts/feelings away, but then most of my femme clothing isn't really practical for those jobs .
    I started out as an auto mechanic which gave me a lifelong appreciation for tools and machinery. Then again, I've always been obsessed with, well, you know. So why not combine the two!

car repair 3p.jpg
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Here's how we're hanging around the house, in casual, doing chores.Green & Jeans w blue specs-FC.jpg Around the House in Jeans-FC.jpeg
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Silver Member
    I have an easy solution. I wear all women's clothes including a bra while doing things outside. I have several women's hats to protect my face and hair from the sun. Most of my neighbors know as well the delivery people and police. I can do virtually everything involved with the house and love gardening. I also help neighbors when asked. Probably why they accept me the crazy ole coot.

I'm with Becky, I never enjoyed the trad male jobs, and would sooner work in the house than do the garden or fix a fence.
    For some time I have been the sole cook and housekeeper for us and at the end of the working day I get "changed" - the same as my mother did so many years ago and in similar skirts and tops or a dress.

Platinum Member
    Hi Becky, I totally enjoy having the best of both worlds ......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Quote Originally Posted by CarlaWestin View Post
    I started out as an auto mechanic which gave me a lifelong appreciation for tools and machinery. Then again, I've always been obsessed with, well, you know. So why not combine the two!

car repair 3p.jpg
    Hey Carla, do those boobs get in you way when you are trying to get under a car on ma creeper?
    ~Nikki Mwah!

Smaller inside chores are fine either male or female mode. Outside stuff usually requires male mode, and mixed thoughts. First of all, I am not climbing a ladder, or mowing the yard wearing any of my girl clothes - not safe, and they'll get too dirty. I was/am a general contractor, and do everything from electrical and plumbing to landscaping, carpentry and painting. And though I never thought about it much pre Geena, now I always wear gloves when I work outside. It's not that I'm worried about getting dirty, or catching a splinter, I am more concerned with messing up my polish/manicure, or, God forbid, breaking a nail. Funny but true. LOL

-Geena
    I am a work of art! I just wish that my artistic skill set was closer to Norman Rockwell than it is to Salvador Dali!