Thread: Days of Inner Growth

Days of Inner Growth

I've had a couple days so far of a long, long weekend "home alone" as my beloved travels.
    Even day one, the first full day of being Ilene, was satisfying but today was somehow special.

I returned from the morning bike ride, washed and shaved well and put on what I might call "Mixed Mode, Type I" (photo provided). I wore leggings with a tunic length embroidered top; no wig (just a ball cap). I had my gold ear hoops, and a splash of neutral pink lipstick; open toe sandals with painted nails. It was, for me, the perfect casual outfit for around the house and when it came time to get some lunch and run a few chores, I took the look out for a ride.

First stop was my favorite local burger joint. We go there often and the clerks know me as a frequent customer (but not like this, in women's clothing). It was lunch and the place was packed. Yes. I was aware that I drew a few looks, but damn it...... I liked what I had on, looked good and just bucked up the stern resolve to look everyone in the eye and smile. The counter clerk was great and polite to no end. I ate alone in a booth and quietly left, though I know the pair of blue-hair ol' ladies in the booth across from me seemed to have a little bit of a "hey, look there" moment.
    Friday Lunch Shopping-FC.jpeg

I then went to OUR grocery store; I mean... the one we almost always shop. I went through the produce (bananas) and was served at the deli counter. I know the clerk knows me as (again) a frequent customer. I must admit her face beamed at the sight of me in earrings, light makeup and what might be women's clothing. The final checkout clerk also paid extra attention to my feminine (yet clearly male) appearance as I entertained a baby in the shopping cart in front of me. I took my few groceries and (proudly) strode out of the store where everyone knows me otherwise. My first (somewhat) female appearance in a local public place that knows me.

I was amazed at how good it felt; almost calming. It was like an inner peace coming over me as I was going about everyday business AS Me. Amazing. It felt so comfortable. I can hardly wait for the day when I can go in there in a skirt or a dress and no one will be surprised or care. (I don't think anyone cares now, but I'm doing this "going out" in small steps.)

I had a high school baseball game to umpire in the late afternoon, so I changed back into full Guy Mode. But when I returned I donned a favorite dress [they're all favorites, like children], for an evening home alone with Ilene. I didn't put on my hip padding or any shaping garments; just a bra and panties; thigh high stockings and heels;.... and the dress.

I stood out on the back deck viewing the mountains, dressed, having a drink. Dusk's breeze stirred the skirt of the blue and brown dress I have on (now). With no hot pantyhose, corsets or foundation garments, the silky feel of the blowing fabric on my legs and the breeze up my skirt felt amazing. It was like the dress was petting me. I was having a wonderful inner-girl moment. Everything just felt so RIGHT.

What I am wearing this evening, relaxing.
    Ilene Standing in B&B dress-FC.jpg

Tomorrow I have a full morning of baseball, but the afternoon and evening belong to Ilene. Taking her out and about is getting to be quite natural. I'm changing. This CD life is making me realize deep wonderful things about myself I never dared explore.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Quite the story, Ilene, and beautifully told. Thank you for sharing it. You'll pardon me, but it seems like your day was a bunch of small steps that added up to something rather larger than their sum. Am I right?

Hugs,

Kelly Marie

Your day sounds wonderful. I applaud your courage to take those small steps outside as you discover your true self. You look amazing in your picture, very natural. I assume your wife knows, will she go out and about with you dressed?

Karen Ann

Ilene, sounds like a great day. I do see why the dress is one of your favorites. Lovely.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Wow that sounded amazing, I can feel your excitement threw your words. That must of taking a lot of courage and I love your "screw them" attitude. I have a feeling there's going to be another outting story.

Banned Read only
    Ilene,
    Thanks for sharing your dressing days, Iknow where your comments are coming from.

Interesting point about leaving out the lower padding, I've never worn it and happy not to, I love the natural feeling it brings , you can feel the clothes moving over your body and the breeze playing with the hemline , at times it does feel like the clothes are caressing you . I often think that when watching GGs being teased by the wind, their hair being tossed about and the clothes intent on revealing more than they should !

I can't think why anyone could enjoy dressing in drab !

I think you look great! While I still enjoy going the full monty now and again, I love just being me, or a dude who likes wearing beautiful clothes. I've been blessed with a slim figure and a boyish face which helps with the dichotomy of a man in pretty clothing. As I get older, the desire to present as a female has lessened dramatically.