Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Being Safe

Lauren,
    There is some really well grounded and solid advice in these posts. Safety to me is primarily about being very aware. When out as Lauren, I think as Lauren, and act as Lauren, always keeping one foot firmly planted in my comfort zone. I have yet to have a bad experience, so really can't share any wisdom based on the negative side. Would like to keep it that way. I always use a handrail when climbing and descending stairs, and follow the same sort of safety practices when en femme. Avoiding risk is the best defense. I primarily go solo, so am always very aware of my surroundings and how I present myself. Have long past stopped worrying about being "clocked", so focus on being dressed appropriate for my outings to coffee shops, malls, and restaurants. An attitude of confidence and a smile will get you where you would like to go. If they don't, you should probably not be there.

Enjoy! Go out there and be the best Lauren you can be. Looking forward to tales of adventure and joy from you. Safety First.

(The Other) Lauren

Certainly when you're new to this, dress to blend. Leave the short, tight dresses and the sky high stilettos for when you're more experienced and have gotten comfortable in certain places. And by all means, do you're very best to look like a woman! Even if people read you, you get points for effort. I go out alone frequently, and have for decades. Go where other women go alone. Restaurants are fine. Bars are not. Not even a bar at a restaurant. It never hurts to have a change of male clothes, some makeup wipes, and some nail polish remover. Scope out single user or family restrooms.

What will most likely happen is... nothing. You'll shop, you'll buy, you'll order at a restaurant, you'll check into and out of a hotel. If my experience is any testimony it'll be completely uneventful, except that you got to do it as a woman, which is the whole point. As soon as you get back you'll be planning your next outing. Have fun!

Well hello Lauren! Thank you for the advice and especially the encouragement. Yes, awareness is probably the most often cited advice. It's easy for me to absorb those words but sometimes I wonder. Will I get lost in the pink fog, especially my first time, or will I be too nervous to absorb the meaning of it all?

Attitude and confidence. That's been cited a few times as well and it makes perfect sense. Act like you belong; act like it is business as usual. I'm not sure that I can adequately prepare so ... my first few times out I will have a mentor; someone that I respect immensely and trust implicitly.

I'm looking forward to being "this" Lauren soon. There's nothing new that I can say to you and to many of the ladies in this forum that describes my desire to be out-and-about; to present a side of me that is long overdue. I went wig shopping today. I went in guy mode but I left there as Lauren regardless of what I was wearing.

Yes, I sincerely hope to have stories to relate.

(The Newest) Lauren

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda Jean View Post
    Certainly when you're new to this, dress to blend. Leave the short, tight dresses and the sky high stilettos for when you're more experienced and have gotten comfortable in certain places. And by all means, do you're very best to look like a woman! Even if people read you, you get points for effort.
    Thanks Rhonda Jean

I intend to dress age appropriate and I prefer a more polished look. If I want to feel sexy a formal gown does it for me more so than skimpy wear and sky high stilettos (not that they can't be fun when the situation is right). The point is that I like the word "blend" and that's my goal. My age (61) dictates a few things that I cannot get away with but I think that being "blendable" is a reasonable and achievable goal for me. I understand dressing for the occasion and I hope to get that right too (except for my Halloween costume ... then all bets are off).

Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda Jean View Post
    What will most likely happen is... nothing. You'll shop, you'll buy, you'll order at a restaurant, you'll check into and out of a hotel. If my experience is any testimony it'll be completely uneventful, except that you got to do it as a woman, which is the whole point. As soon as you get back you'll be planning your next outing. Have fun!
    Yes, that is what it is all about and the most desirable outcome isn't it? Here's to "nothing"

Lauren
    Lauren Nicole DeHart
    Call me Nikki

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    If you want a smooth outing for the first time blending is the key.
    The more you look like a normal female the less you will be "clocked". Being clocked is not a bad thing and sometimes you will make a friend with a sales assistant who is intrigued by you and be a great help in finding new outfits.
    Polish your look work on your walk( flow not strut) and you should be fine.
    Having someone with you is a great advantage for you so that is a plus in this case.

The biggest thing that seems mentioned tangentally, is:

DON'T ACT LIKE A VICTIM. . .

Obviously, don't go quesitonable or unsafe places
    LOOK people in the FACE. . . Speak to them. .
    ACT LIKE you belong there!
    DO NOT walk like you are expecting someone to grab your purse. Sure, keep it tight BUT keep the other hand free,
    Remember people high on drugs may not respond as you expect. Be prepared to defend yourself or flee!

Harsh? Yes, but there are people who would have no more thought of killing any one of us, than stepping on a bug. Your life is important. Trusting your well being to a criminal is foolheartedly!

Best wishes and be careful ladies and Gents. . .
    Last edited by Rianna Humble; 04-10-2017 at 01:09 AM. Reason: Offensive weapons not allowed

Thanks Whorton. An attacker of me or my SO would be lucky if it were only spray. Sometimes just being aware is not going to save your life.

Lauren
    Last edited by Rianna Humble; 04-10-2017 at 01:10 AM. Reason: What moderators edit is not up for discussion
    Lauren Nicole DeHart
    Call me Nikki

Obvious but check area out in male mode first! Be aware of exits. Keep your back to a wall when seated! As was said, stay out of dark seedy areas! Again, trust your instincts! Hoping you have a good experience! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix