Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Driving while dressed &in heels

Silver Member
    I no longer wear heels since I broke my foot and gotten old. When I was younger I wore 3" heels or less depending like most women of the times. I drove sticks and automatics. I enjoyed driving bare foot also. It felt nice through the nylons.

Both of my vehicles have manual transmissions. I've driven my Corvette with 4" heels, and no platform, and it doesn't seem like I have as much control. With any type of platform, I can't feel the pedals. Driving with the heels is like driving while wearing flip flops. The heel section of the shoe always gets in the way.
    I haven't tried driving my Harley while dressed, but I have posed with it. Can't even imagine working a heel/toe shifter in heels... but, give it time, and I'll probably give it a try... LOL

-Geena
    I am a work of art! I just wish that my artistic skill set was closer to Norman Rockwell than it is to Salvador Dali!

I like to drive in heels. We took my girlfriends 5-speed mustang out of storage this weekend and I drove it to the car wash in 4" heels.. She was teasing me because she cannot drive it in heels.. She keeps flats in her car for driving.. Lol

Banned Read only
    It's better to drive bare foot or with just panty hose than on 4 or 6 heels I always drive in hose weather panty or thigh highs. You can always put on heels before getting out to walk.
    Pattie

take flats or whatever no high heeled shoes you have to drive in and then switch. Your life might thank you for a decision like that.

I have used flats or sneakers for a lot of years. much safer in the long run.

I bring my flats along when I drive, It just makes sense to be able to drive comfortably while fully dressed.

I tried it my first time out but can't do it it seems to give me a lead foot and makes my driving leg hurt, So I wear a sneaker on my driving foot, a heel on my other foot and put the other heel on when i get to where I am going

My SO informed me that driving in heels also puts undo stress on the heels as well as your ankles, etc. I'm not trying to be Betty Bummer and I have no citations to back that up. Just passing along the message.

Lauren
    Lauren Nicole DeHart
    Call me Nikki

I have driven fine in 5" heels a few times. But it feels safer to have the flats in case.
    Hugs, Ellen

I have not tried heels while driving so far! My driving dressed so far has been in flats! Maybe some day but it will probably scuff up my heels! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Banned Spammer
    Spike high heels destroy the carpet in my SUV .Puts holes in the floor.

At 6' tall in a KIA Soul while wearing 4"+ heels, I have never had a problem with the heels. Then again I have never been a pedal to the medal type driver.
    The KIA Soul is not, and doesn't even have a hint of being, a sports car even though it is quite responsive when needed.
    Just this evening I needed to get to a side street across the center line with heavy oncoming traffic when a 4 car length break in a line of vehicles doing 40 MPH came at me. I shot through it, using only a two car space in the middle of the 4 car gap.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Without the shoe would be my pick, I'd rather lubricate the steering wheel and gear stick than drive heeled!
    Not to mention ending up wearing a law suit, rather than a skirt, if there were to be an accident and I wasn't wearing appropriate footwear whilst in control of a motor vehicle ?

So which shoe ? none, touching the pedals with full control!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

~ Bondage & Pantyhose ~ cosmolovesph's Avatar
    I can't drive bare or hosed feet, I need shoes heels, flats, sneakers, flip flops etc...
    My issue with driving and heels with my long legs is just getting used to swinging in my feet with the longer heels not hitting something :P
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Crissandra
    ~AKA - Cosmo-Loves-PantyHose~
    Don't forget to compliment those wearing pantyhose, as to how nice their legs look!

For me, driving barefoot is harder than driving in heels. I just don't have a normal feeling for applying a pressure on the pedals, especially when a quick and hard push is needed.

Back in my out-and-about days, I either kicked off the shoes when driving or else brought a pair of flats with to wear while driving. I couldn't drive comfortably in shoes with any significant heel.
    My name is Carol.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Question I don't get it? What do heel heights have to do with driving?

I don't brake with my 4" to 5" spike heels, I brake with the ball or arch of my foot. The higher my heel, the easier it is to find my arch!
    And, rocking my foot on the excellerator comes naturally.

Driving is the last thing I think about when I go out dressed.

I have to adjust my seat and mirror when I dress and DO find platforms both more difficult to walk and drive in.
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 04-14-2017 at 10:39 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I always wear my heels. I love being able to pull up and step out the car immediately in my heels. Love how it makes me feel.

I have driven in both, not too much difference for me. While it is harder to get in and out of the car, I love the feel of stepping out in heels. Brenda

Banned Read only
    Sherry,
    It's easier in an automatic because your left foot can just rest but now I've gone back to a manual gearbox snagging the heel while trying to press the clutch quickly could cause a serious accident as Stacy and I mentioned it might not go down well with the police and insurance companies if wearing heels was the cause of something serious . Besides they do make holes in the carpets very quickly , as I use to complain to my wife .

I admit it is fun be we must be responsible when driving .

I drive many miles in my job and i usally change into 4" heels not far from home and drive the 300ks or how ever far I am going it is a lovely feeling

I love driving with 4 inch heels on! Mind you, it does require a little extra care when switching from male flatties (foot is at a different angle).

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    I don't get it? What do heel heights have to do with driving?
    + + +
    Like anything else you have to learn to do it. Practice, practice, Practice. If you never do it then you will have problems.
    Take your heels and drive to an empty parking lot and drive. tots of turns, starts, stops, and backing up too.
    It is how I taught myself to drive on snow and ice, taught my wife and all three children using this system. Even taught my self and wife to parallel park an eighteen foot mini-motor home in a twenty one foot space using traffic cones. I once did it in a 20 foot space and only backed up twice and no spotter.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

The only pair of heels I have had trouble driving in is my sandals with a bit of a platform (about 1cm)