Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Passing

Aspiring Member

Passing

I wish I could be made up to be totally passable as a female.

Banned Read only
    Kendra, that's my goal every time I get my girl on as Scarlett. Based on the comments I receive from the girls on this site, I believe I am definitely pulling it off whereby no one can tell I am a guy in those pretty, cute, sexy, girly outfits and makeup.

Good start to a wonderful post, Kendra.

Take care and have a wonderful Sunday....Sincerely Scarlett

I grew up in West Los Angeles, and just about everyone I hung with in high school ended up working behind the cameras in the movie and television industry. A few of my close friends know I am trans. When it comes to passability, one of them said to me, "Easy -- just how much time do you want to spend in the makeup chair?"

Really learning how to work with contouring makeup can produce stunning results.
    Carries a spray bottle of "pink fog" around with her in her purse at all times.

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    Kendra I recommend a professional make over ,you will feel amazing. I know I did ,I felt so femme, and got hit on at the club.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Basically if you are the right build, then passing should not be a problem. We are all conditioned to look for certain markers. If you can fit those. Height build build, stance, clothing, makeup, etc, then you will pass. Simples!

Oh and belief that you are a women or at least that others see you that way.
    Last edited by Jane G; 04-09-2017 at 03:56 AM.

Banned Read only
    Kendra,
    I've found that holy grail fades away once you go out socially, some dress better than others but I've stopped getting hung up on it now I openly talk to TSs, they have to forego those thoughts they live with what they're given and work on bringing mind and body into alignment .

I accept compliments graciously when they're given , I have been told I make a passable woman by another TS, otherwise some GG friends said I looked convincing, i'm just happy to be out dressed and mixing with other members of the TG community and at times the general public. I am just me and comfortable with it !

Kendra,
    Okay, so you get makeup to be 100% passable, I get that. What would you do with this gift?

Go out to restaurants, go shopping, the cinema, travel on public transport. Look at how many here who admit to not passing do all those things and more. It's so easy to get hung up on being 100% and forget it's also down to walk, mannerisms, posture, shaping, voice and let's not forget confidence.

Yep, if I were offered the opportunity to had the magic worked then I'd take it with both hands, which of us wouldn't but until then it's just do my best and get out there when I can.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    I can look fairly passable in most of my pictures; my goal is to look more passable on video.
    Granted, viewers know I'm a guy as soon as I start talking.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Hey Kendra,

There is so much more to "passing" than how your face is made up. The way you walk, your gestures, your voice, not to mention your size and overall build can't be disguised by stuff applied to your face. Don't worry so much about passing. Get out and enjoy life. You may get a glance but most people don't care.

I just want to blend in not pass! The girl next door type thing! If they spot me, maybe they will just shrug their shoulders and go on! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    Depending on how good you get with makeup, your physical build, your walk, your choice of outfits and many other markers you may blend. That is if you don't speak! But what is the point? That is unfulfilling.

Kendra, it is far more empowering (and practical) to accept that you will not pass and have the confidence still to interact in the community.

Gain the confidence to interact knowing that you will most likely be recognised as a man in a dress. People respect difference and honesty. I have so many friends and acquaintances in femme mode simply by being friendly, happy and engaging.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Passing is the Golden Fleece of dressing! So few of us really can. That is, be thot to be a female WITHOUT A SECOND THOT!

When u truly pass? YOU'LL KNOW IT!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Kendra, I believe that Jeri Ann and Lana Mae offer some great advice. It's fine to want to be as pretty as you can be. After all, who among us does not want that? But there is so much more to passing than hair, makeup and wardrobe. Those are all things we can work on, as are mannerisms, gait, and voice, but at the end of the day, very, very few of us will pass. So "blending" is a much better goal, IMO. As Lana Mae says, letting them "shrug their shoulders and go on..." is what works for me and so many girls here. Give that some thought.

Hugs,

Kelly Marie

Banned Spammer
    Let's stick to the golden rule.
    If it makes you happy, do it.
    If it doesn't, don't

Look at some of the female out there. Some are scary and male looking. If you are a CD learn how to out makeup on and go out and have fun. Sometimes I don't even use makeup.
    Part Time Girl

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Passing is a great idea and thought but for most it's never going to be possible if your older especially. I don't pass 100 percent but when I'm out it seems as if I am because in my head I am who I am dressed as I choose and feeling great.
    I just enjoy being out there and most I've interacted with have always been very kind

As I have said before passing is overrated. Be the best person u can be, No matter how u represent. Your here so u r TG. Live life, make friends, it's easier then u think. Yes it takes time,and things don't always work out, but it is worth it. Just when I think I'm living a nightmare my friends come thru for me, they r the best.

Kendra,
    So do I.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I think we all wish for that but we know its way more than that.

As I was sitting in a make-up chair at a department store make-up counter, the SA told me an important thing: that many females have some male facial features so I, a male in drag that day, should not worry too much about looking 100 per cent femme.
    The SA had worked in New York City with the likes of Divine and others (can't think of her name: Andy Warhol's GF), so she had a little bit more knowledge than I.
    BTW, while sitting there talking many people passed by (it was a main aisle) and not one seemed to pay me any undue attention.
    Do I pass all the time? Maybe, maybe not. I don't care as long as I am trying to present well by walking right and using femme actions as best I can.
    I have said this before: If you leave them guessing, you have done your job!
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I have been out several times. So far no comments of any kind, no double takes or finger pointing. Do I pass?? I don't know, and don't really care. The 'you go girl' comments you sometimes get on this forum can give you a false sense of how well you actually do pass, but if you're well presented and confident you will be fine when out. All of us would love to pass 100%, almost none of us do.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Diane F and Sherrie summed it up perfectly.

"Passable" is something I don't quite understand. I prefer to be who I really am and I don't care what you lable me. I use the men's room while dressed and make no attempt to disguise my voice. I am certainly attracted to other CDs who make no bones about who they are. I get a rush from being looked at and more so if they make a comment. I usually ask if they would like to see what's in my panties as well. That embarasses most hecklers although some have even asked to have their picture taken with me. (Even a cop asked for a photo once) Whats the point of crossdressing unless you show it off?

The right height, the right build, the right facial bone structure, the right skin, the right size hands and feet, the right voice, the right teeth, etc.. Anything that suggests you might not be 'the real deal' will invite further, more rigorous inspection which will uncover anything else which can give us away.
    Of course, sure, there ARE a few women out there that some of us could emulate more easily, but even those are more feminine that the vast majority of us (Dot Jones, for example https://speakerpedia.com/speakers/dot-marie-jones Who plenty of us might THINK we could compare to, doesn't have the adams apple that we are all walking around with.

Damn, it's always something, isn't it.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Passing under what circumstances? Sitting with a good makeup job in a dimly lit room, not speaking to anyone I might be passable, in a brightly lit room at a speed dating event probably not. At a Mall walk, did I pass? Who knows, the people that glance at you and continue whatever they were doing, did you pass or did they just not care? You could have a hundred eye contacts with people and never know whether you passed or not. If you pass, people are probably not going to come over to you and tell you that you look like a girl on the other hand if someone laughs and points their finger at you, you can be pretty sure that you were clocked. So the judgment feedback is somewhat skewed. So the bottom line is that I probably shouldn’t care if I pass or not and just be myself. Besides, I don’t like to speed date anyway.
    ~Nikki Mwah!