Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Am I Gay?

Tracii, queer hasn't meant gay for at about 30 years. Even I know that and I practically live in a cave. You're showing your age. Nowadays the term is short for genderqueer and is used more as a gender identifier than as a sexual orientation. It just means non-binary more or less. I suppose it could also be used for sexualities that lie outside the gay/straight/bi boxes. What is bi anyway? Doesn't that just mean gay and/or straight? It's not really something on it's own. Is it?

I wonder sometimes why it is that a man can sleep with a thousand women but, if he has one fleeting homosexual thought, he is gay and "in denial" but if a gay man sleeps with a thousand men and has a fleeting heterosexual thought he's still gay... forever, his fleeting heterosexual thought being a manifestation of "denial" also. Are all the people who identify as "bi" really just gay and "in denial?" But never, of course, straight and "in denial."

This is a difficult question to answer, even for this community. I am frequently attracted to crossdressers. I may at times have had some feeling towards specific men that was more than platonic but not overtly sexual. and I rarely if ever feel attracted to overtly gay men. Is there a label for a man that is attracted to men that present as women but not to men in drab?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Stevie, you're complicating an issue that's quite simple! Fantasies, experimentation, and how people present aside:

If u r attracted to both male and female parts, u r bi. It really is that simple!

(Early on in my dressing years I fantasized of being the woman with men. Thot I was suddenly gay. But, nothing about males attracts me. Eventually the fantasies vanished.)
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Sherry I'm 100% sure that I am not gay, but on the other hand there are some CDs on here that can cause an inner feeling within me that definitely stirs the insides. They look 100% like a beautiful GG and that is what the stirring is about for me. I don't consider myself gay because of it but dang some CD are better looking than most GG I've seen I think my lusting is more visual and it occurs more if they are hotly clad with their makeup perfect preferably dark red lips and smokey eyes. I see a GG like that with some giant breast and I have that same stirring, so I guess if that is the line between gay or not then we all might be a little gay. I always try to compliment something good on the posts here especially the pictures but that doesn't in my book make me gay. You look good in your avatar and we are from the same state but as I see your avatar I think of you as an CD that looks hot, I don't think that means I'm gay. You say you have sex with other CDs well you might need to reevaluate your thinking on what makes one gay. That's just me humble opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Stevie, you're complicating an issue that's quite simple!
    Or maybe you are simplifying an issue that can be quite complicated! It's simple if you fit into one of the neat predefined categories.

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Early on in my dressing years I fantasized of being the woman with men. Thot I was suddenly gay. But, nothing about males attracts me. Eventually the fantasies vanished.
    Case in point. For some people the ONLY way they can achieve sexual arousal is to imagine themselves as a woman with a man. They're not really attracted to men (psuedo-androphilia) even if they have sex with them. They are aroused by the idea and image of themselves as women. It's not gay. Gay men don't imagine themselves as women when they have sex with other men. It's something else - autogynephilia. AGP can also manifest in other ways such as "male lesbian" or "bi when dressed," etc. and, well, it gets complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSissyStevie View Post
    It's something else - autogynephilia. AGP can also manifest in other ways such as "male lesbian" or "bi when dressed," etc. and, well, it gets complicated.
    Have seen some here use the term AGP. This is a theory of a Ray Blanchard to explain heterosexual MTF TS. It has mostly been discounted, but still hangs around.

Blanchard classified four sub-types of autogynephilic sexual fantasies, but noted that "All four types of autogynephilia tend to occur in combination with other types rather than alone."

Transvestic autogynephilia: arousal to the act or fantasy of wearing typically feminine clothing
    Behavioral autogynephilia: arousal to the act or fantasy of doing something regarded as feminine
    Physiologic autogynephilia: arousal to fantasies of body functions specific to people regarded as female
    Anatomic autogynephilia: arousal to the fantasy of having a normative woman's body, or parts of one

I guess if one wants to use that to explain these circumstances, there they are.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Stevie I'm as gay as a three dollar bill so I'm not sure where you are getting your information.
    You obviously read a lot of books or read online what the so called experts say but they are just spouting off their opinions or their theories.
    Kind of just regurgitating printed matter is what a lot of people do so I take all that stuff with a grain of salt.
    We call each other queer frequently so its quite common.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 04-13-2017 at 07:51 AM.

Banned Spammer
    People make it too difficult on this. It is quite simple. Too many people make it over stereo typing. You are a guy. If you tried to be with another guy and did not like it you are straight. If you are a guy and like just women you are straight. If you are a guy and like just guys you are gay. Ifyou are a guy and like both men and women you are Bi. Simple. It is like trying a new food you either like it or not. Remember Clothes does not make the person at all. Clothes are clothes that is all it is. Try not to bring clothes into this. Society stereo type everything they can. They want to label it to try and understand. They want to make things difficult and too much drama into it. If you take a naked body and see what that body likes then it is quite simple. Gay straight or Bi. Clothes does not make a person.

Banned Read only
    Is it important?