Thread: Rough night

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar

Rough night

The gender dysphoria bug is really hitting me tonight. Maybe it's the dark stormy night bringing it on.
    Normally I'm okay. I've been on HRT for several years and while I haven't gone full time and not planning on SRS anytime soon I do feel quite good about my body. Just sometimes I feel the depression setting in from being stuck living a male life I never felt was right for me. Now I'll be honest I had a death in my family recently which is probably bringing this on and tomorrow I have a regular appointment with my therapist so we can talk this out.
    I just fell like sharing this with the group.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Stacey, sorry you are having to go through this. Might be a silly question, what is holding you back from fully transitioning?
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Are you given to depression? do life events often have an emotional toll on you? You gonna be alright?

Sorry you're going thru all this Stacey. Remember that a lot of us have other forms of depression not caused by dysphoria.
    If you remain this way for a while, seek out help to find the reason. I hope you're doing better soon.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

Thank you Heidi...I suffer as well, so we may well be concerned for you. Take care of yourself above all else!

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    Be well, You are going through a rough patch , thoughts and prayers for you.
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rianna Humble View Post
    Stacey, sorry you are having to go through this. Might be a silly question, what is holding you back from fully transitioning?
    Fear is the biggest thing. Fear of the surgery and the toll it takes, fear of the unknown with my life.

and of course money.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

Stacey, if you didn't have any fear of these things, you would not be being reasonable. We all must deal with a certain amount of fear as we make important decisions about life. We must weigh the pluses and the minuses and then make a decision, some move on to full time and SRS and some do not.

There is no one right path. I'll remember you in my prayers.

Hugs, Bria

Quote Originally Posted by StaceyJane View Post
    Fear is the biggest thing. Fear of the surgery and the toll it takes......
    Fear of GRS surgery is a very normal and honestly healthy reaction. It's a big surgery with lots of after care. But there are plenty of girls out there who are fully transitioned and non-op. I suspect that Rianna meant social and legal transition rather than surgery per se. I agree with what Mirya said in another thread, I can't see how you can really resolve social GD without social transition so what is stopping you there?

Platinum Member
    This is a good time to visit your therapist. Death of a loved one is one of those stark realities that we all must work through. At such a moment, your emotional resources are being strained, and that very likely amplifies the stresses and strains of your day to day existence, including dysphoria.

The sun will rise again and these clouds will part. Just remember that even on a dark and stormy day, the sun still shines above the overcast.