Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My acting boss has figured me out

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar

My acting boss has figured me out

I work at VF Outlet. One of our assistant managers is running things until a store manager is hired. We've always gotten along really well, and she knows I wear bras, but I told her it was for medical reasons. Lately, I have been getting assigned to work way nore in the women's plus and intimates sections, which at first I didn't think much about. Then last week she had me dress a female mannequin on behalf of our store for a dress code contest with corporate. We were marking down prices in the intimates section Wednesday, and she started asking me about a couple panties she had marked down, if I wanted to buy them. Still, wasn't thinking much of it... then yesterday, she asked my opinion about a store promotion she wants to do, where if a customer buys a panty to donate to a rape victims' organization, we do a discount.

I finally asked her yesterday why she was asking me, of all people? She told me that in addition to being creative, she knows I have a passion for women's clothing. On top of that, I wear women's jeans to work, and while no one else seems to have noticed, she has because we like the same brands and styles. So, I had no idea what to say... when I go in today, I'm going to tell her about Allison. It's nice to know someone can see and appreciate what a CD brings to the table in the work environment!!!

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)
    Good for you Allison. May as well come clean with your acting boss with what she probably already suspects.

I could never have worked at a VF Outlet. Would spend more than the income.

Lydia, we have people working here who literally do just that! Doesn't help that the employee discount went up to 25% now....

Banned Spammer
    How awesome is that?
    Boss knows, doesn't care

Great for you! Hope the next boss is as accepting! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Even better that boss knows and appreciates it. And has the same style! Great for you!
    Hugs, Ellen

Wow - Lucky you! I'd be broke the day after payday. See if you can get VF to make the Lace Nouveau panties in pink for us please.

How awesome Allison! You are living my dream. I wonder, will you be allowed to fully dress at work? That would be the ultimate situation!

That is awesome! Must make the workplace more fun to go to.

Banned Read only
    To really have her acceptance go in, in femme mode.

Banned Read only
    Allison,
    Bite the bullet and tell her and enjoy the moment, I would take a side bet that you will never regret it. At least you're in the right business to have an input from your CDing knowledge. It doesn't work as well if you're in the building trade or similar jobs .

Sometimes guys have a better insight into what works with outfits , you never know if could earn you a promotion , maybe even manage a small department aimed at CDers , that's not a bad idea .

Hi Allison,
    That's fantastic, you have such a considerate manager. It sounds like you should have no worries about coming-out to her, if you decide to.
    Best wishes, Nic

I hope it went well today!! Love to hear what happened.
    Please call me Lisa!

gosh, Allison, to work at vf and to have a 25% discount, not to mention that vf is my favorite to wear... (catchin my breath) be safe karrin

Quote Originally Posted by Lacey New View Post
    Wow - Lucky you! I'd be broke the day after payday. See if you can get VF to make the Lace Nouveau panties in pink for us please.

I will mention it, though not sure who to tell... but we'll figure it out!

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by ChristinaK View Post
    How awesome Allison! You are living my dream. I wonder, will you be allowed to fully dress at work? That would be the ultimate situation!
    If I wanted to, yes. Already had that discussion with a previous store manager, although I was just joking at the time while questioning why women could wear capris during summer but mem had to wear jeans year round... her response was, you can wear whatever meets the dress code for whatever gender you identify as, and no one can do anything about it.

Would I? Probably not. Others here are NOT accepting of CDing, anything on the T spectrum, or anything LGBT. However, it doesn't affect how they treat customers... just break room/sidebar conversation talk.

Worked for Marshalls for 13 years, two different stores. They knew I was a crossdresser for 10 of them. Crossdressed at work for 5 Halloweens. Bought a lot of clothes with discount.
    At some point your life will flash before your eyes......MAKE SURE IT'S WORTH WATCHING !!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    What a deliteful job, Allison! Where u can come out or not at your option. With no negative side effects!

If only others here could do the same!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Update: haven't had a moment aside to have that talk. Next week, though.

Hi Allison,

Any updates on having a talk with your manager? Hope it goes/went well.

Thanks,
    Melissa.

I have not. It has been busy, we have been shorthanded, and there hasn't been an opportunity yet this week. Hopefully Monday.

Good luck, I would ruin my clothes If I wore them to my job. You are living my dream right now,

I agree with Teresa. This is a great invitation that your boss is giving you to come out at work . It seems like she is giving you a big opening to come to work fully dressed . It really can have good potential to be noticed in a good way .

Banned Read only
    Allison, by all means, THANK HER for observing and accepting your love of female clothing and her putting you in a section where you can work with fem clothing. It's O.K. to tell her about C.D. Allison; you might want to think about NOT coming to work dressed in fem. Don't push it to far, then again it might be a good thing ?? Her acceptance and encouragement just might let the two of you become "closer" ???? She just might be turned on by a male (you) wearing women's clothing and intimates.

To be clear, SHE is probably ok and accepting, but I do not get that vibe from others here. That does not stop me from wearing panties and women's jeans at work. Also, I am not looking for a romantic situation, as I am married. I consider her a work friend.

Banned Read only
    Does she know you've rumbled her act?